Phone REALLY SLOW to access contacts/phone history

misterya

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Any ideas why my phone takes forever lately to access "people" or my call history sometimes? This has been happening a lot lately, even after trimming down some apps that seemed to be hogging RAM/restarting, etc. Is this info not stored locally on my phone? If the phone if having to access these items from the network, then it seems Sprint has really slowed way down in the last few weeks in my area.

Any suggestions for fixing this or ideas on why it's happening would be really appreciated, I am getting frustrated with how long I look at a black screen waiting for my contacts to (finally) come up.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yep this is a well known issue after updating with the "contact ringer" update. Look around at some of the threads about contact issues.

We've tried everything : trimming contact list, not syncing Facebook contacts, factory reset, delete all contacts from phone and Google and re import them... Nothing works.

I've traced it down to Android Core Apps, but not sure exactly which one. We will have to wait for HTC to fix this (and Sprint to approve it).

misterya

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I probably should have searched more carefully before posting, but now I see where this is a big problem for a lot of people! Thanks again.

photomikey

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I did a hard reset over the weekend, and I am back to normal. All my e-mail and contacts sync via google, and apps via the play store, so it wasn't as painful as I'd feared. Good to know I wasn't the only one having this problem. It felt like my contacts had been corrupted for some reason. Things are back to normal now after the hard reset (and in fact, everything moves a bit faster).

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I did a hard reset over the weekend, and I am back to normal. All my e-mail and contacts sync via google, and apps via the play store, so it wasn't as painful as I'd feared. Good to know I wasn't the only one having this problem. It felt like my contacts had been corrupted for some reason. Things are back to normal now after the hard reset (and in fact, everything moves a bit faster).

I hope it sticks for you, but many have tried a hard reset to no avail. The issue always creeps back up within a week.

We're hoping that HTC comes up with a real fix without breaking anything else.

heyyu

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I hope it sticks for you, but many have tried a hard reset to no avail. The issue always creeps back up within a week.

We're hoping that HTC comes up with a real fix without breaking anything else.

Yep, I did a hard reset as well last week. Everything was back to normal, but now the issue has reared it's ugly head again. Hopefully HTC fixes this soon.

tt0h

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
There is, supposedly, a new update due out today that may fix many of these issues - as well as update Android to 4.1 - Jelly Bean. Hopefully it'll resolve your problem when the update is released.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I would be shocked if this did not drastically improve issues with contacts. The issues started with an HTC update so there's no reason they can't fix it. And they played off the multi tasking issues the phone used to have but clearly addressed it with an update.

I was really disappointing they didn't release a small update to fix this a long time ago. I would expect an update every so often for various bug fixes. But if we get updated to 4.1 today then that's a pretty substantial upgrade and I'd be a little more understanding on the delay

BroadcastJunkie

May 17, 2011
Visit site
There is, supposedly, a new update due out today that may fix many of these issues - as well as update Android to 4.1 - Jelly Bean. Hopefully it'll resolve your problem when the update is released.

Well, I saw that. But, like all things posted. I will just wait till I see it. getting my hopes up over something like updates is something ive been trained to ignore. coming from the palm pre days haha