Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 133 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 3309
Like Tree2031Likes
  1. #226  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    I'm confused about people saying that a lot of their apps are getting updated so there is likely a phone update imminent.

    Aren't Play store apps universal? What does one have to do with the other?
    Simple,, when ever there is a major update some apps stop working until the developer updates the app to work with the new version of android. All I said was that in my experience whenever I have like 40/50 app updates in 2 /3 days it was always right before a big update. Like when ics was released. I had same rush of app updates a week before ics was released.

    EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.
  2. #227  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    While there may be alot of coincidence from your experiences zmann, they are merely incidental as APP updates do not directly correlate to a OS UPDATE tied to a particular model/carrier. Apps do require to be updated to the latest android version available, such as 4.2.X that's been discussed on Android Central...and that is why you are seeing your apps being updated....our update that we will be receiving will most likely be a 4.1.X variant ... yet I could stand corrected and perhaps be graced with a 4.2 flavor yet history says other wise.... in a IDEAL world when google releases new builds of OS's you will always undoubtedly see a influx of app updates the day of or trickling day by day... and ideally this would all happen in a short amount of days. Unfortunately since all OS updates require carrier approval... updating APPs generally dont necessarily correlate to the OS update such as this case... just coincidence but a good one...cant negate that
  3. #228  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    someone on XDA with an update, pretty sure its a brand new one.
  4. #229  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Got a link for the lazy?

    Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'
  5. #230  
    gpdaddy95's Avatar

    Posts
    146 Posts
    ROM
    Stock on both for now.

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Nice long thread going that seems to be headed to the"it's not gonna happen anytime soon" side of the argument. When I look at the photo, it clearly states 4.1.1 (jellybean). It's coming, just wait.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    There's always time to do it right the second time.

    Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Nexus 7 (2012)

    Retired
    HTC EVO 4G LTE
    HTC EVO 4G (Original)
  6. #231  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    I'm pretty sure that the guy over at XDA was just referring to our current version. He was saying he hadn't updated the phone since he bought it a while back and he finally did today. I don't think it's the new update.
    Thanked by:
  7. #232  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Here's the link to the guys that got the update.



    Edit: Apparently that link was to an update the guy waited to use from months ago. So, I'd like to use this space for something more fruitful...
    RIP Hostess. Your Twinkies got me through some of the toughest times in my life. <3





    Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.
    Last edited by RunOfLuck; 11-16-2012 at 06:46 PM.
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'
    markkelley and BigDinCA like this.
  8. #233  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by onehotpocket View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the guy over at XDA was just referring to our current version. He was saying he hadn't updated the phone since he bought it a while back and he finally did today. I don't think it's the new update.
    You're prolly right.

    Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'
  9. #234  
    georgeotc's Avatar

    Posts
    11 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Just random thing I noticed, the new sprint zone no longer shows there is an HTC update available.
    TonyLibations likes this.
  10. #235  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by georgeotc View Post
    Just random thing I noticed, the new sprint zone no longer shows there is an HTC update available.
    Lol. Maybe that was our big update.

    Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'
    Laplancha Quema likes this.
  11. #236  

    Default Re: It's coming jelly bean!

    It reads that way at first but upon further inspection the context of it is saying "Upgrade TO ICS..." Like Sprint is an upgrade to tmobile. lmao
  12. #237  

    Default Re: It's coming jelly bean!

    Quote Originally Posted by Laplancha Quema View Post
    It reads that way at first but upon further inspection the context of it is saying "Upgrade TO ICS..." Like Sprint is an upgrade to tmobile. lmao
    The waiting game continues. lol
  13. #238  
    krishna1731's Avatar

    Posts
    12 Posts
    ROM
    Sense

    Default Re: It's coming jelly bean!

    On a completely different note, Is anyone experiencing contacts problem. "My call log shows UNKNOWN even if the number is saved." How do you rectify that? As of now, I think I'll be happy even if I didnt receive the JB update but an MR update that makes my phone perfect with 4.0.4 would be most welcome.
    Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE
  14. #239  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by krishna1731 View Post
    On a completely different note, Is anyone experiencing contacts problem. "My call log shows UNKNOWN even if the number is saved." How do you rectify that? As of now, I think I'll be happy even if I didnt receive the JB update but an MR update that makes my phone perfect with 4.0.4 would be most welcome.
    Yeah, there's been a lot of contact related issues and there's a few threads out there on it

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  15. #240  
    spencer311's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    ROM
    CM10

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Well this is good news... the number on the update matches the screen shot. So although they did not actually say it was JB it kinda brings a little more truth to the original screen shot. http://www.pocketables.com/images/20...lte-update.png
    And by the way I actually went and looked to see if this was legit and it is. No photoshops or anything lol.
    Thanked by:
    Mercury81 and sgt. slaughter like this.
  16. #241  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Evo users are the best. I read this whole post and it is hilarious. You all have made my day. I don't feel so bad now. I constantly check updates everyday, 2-3 times a day. Love it!!!!!!!
    Thanked by:
    Mercury81 likes this.
  17. #242  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Now I no I'm not the only 1 doing that lol

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  18. #243  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    I'm actually surprised AC hasn't said any word about this at all...seemingly complete radio silence.

    This is either a great big hoax, or the biggest flop in HTC/Sprint's history of update notifications. You'd think with all of the hoopla that has gone on already in this situation that one of them would have more publicly said something more than a cryptic tweet.
  19. #244  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by charlesspivak1 View Post
    I'm actually surprised AC hasn't said any word about this at all...seemingly complete radio silence.

    This is either a great big hoax, or the biggest flop in HTC/Sprint's history of update notifications. You'd think with all of the hoopla that has gone on already in this situation that one of them would have more publicly said something more than a cryptic tweet.
    I've noticed that AC doesn't say anything until they're absolutely certain... Plus it's the weekend. I searched Google and found two other blogs that have mentioned it. They even posted the screen pic that started this whole ordeal.

    Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'
  20. #245  
    jimmyg41's Avatar

    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by charlesspivak1 View Post
    This is either a great big hoax, or the biggest flop in HTC/Sprint's history of update notifications. You'd think with all of the hoopla that has gone on already in this situation that one of them would have more publicly said something more than a cryptic tweet.
    Why would be a flop from Sprint/HTC? I mean I agree that their update history does indeed blow but they never really revealed that this upgrade was going to happen. There was a leak which isn't their fault since they made no promise to the general public.
  21. #246  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by RunOfLuck View Post
    I've noticed that AC doesn't say anything until they're absolutely certain... Plus it's the weekend. I searched Google and found two other blogs that have mentioned it. They even posted the screen pic that started this whole ordeal.

    Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.
    I don't blame them for not making too big of a deal about it, however I've seen them make a bigger deal about smaller less significant things. But I still love them so whatever they feel is right, I'm down with their judgment.
  22. #247  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Damn, we really need "Inside Sprint Now" now... Where has he gone?!? Must be being held in a Sprint prison somewhere I side corporate headquarters.
  23. #248  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyg41 View Post
    Why would be a flop from Sprint/HTC? I mean I agree that their update history does indeed blow but they never really revealed that this upgrade was going to happen. There was a leak which isn't their fault since they made no promise to the general public.
    Not necessarily flop in the sense that they caused it in the first place, however when they see (and you know they did) all the attention that this potential hoax caused, you'd think they'd publicly address it. Isn't that what PR is for?? Unless of course they didn't mind the attention, even being somewhat negative, as any attention is good attention...at least most of the time.
  24. #249  
    jimmyg41's Avatar

    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Damn, we really need "Inside Sprint Now" now... Where has he gone?!? Must be being held in a Sprint prison somewhere I side corporate headquarters.
    Dan Hesse took him out.
  25. #250  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyg41 View Post
    Dan Hesse took him out.
    Hesse is known as the "Mean Joe Green" of the wireless world for a reason...
Page 10 of 133 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jelly bean ota - who got it?
    By mattatwar in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 234
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 09:11 PM
  2. Jelly Bean? Is it realistic.
    By Mungus9999 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 08:35 AM
  3. Jelly Bean coming next week?
    By acr456 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-17-2012, 01:51 PM
  4. Jelly bean coming Q4
    By matt0715 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 05:18 PM
  5. if its not jelly bean (4.1)
    By Irvgotti in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 10:06 PM

Posting Permissions