Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 133 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree2031Likes

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    I'm confused about people saying that a lot of their apps are getting updated so there is likely a phone update imminent.

Aren't Play store apps universal? What does one have to do with the other?
    Simple,, when ever there is a major update some apps stop working until the developer updates the app to work with the new version of android. All I said was that in my experience whenever I have like 40/50 app updates in 2 /3 days it was always right before a big update. Like when ics was released. I had same rush of app updates a week before ics was released.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.

While there may be alot of coincidence from your experiences zmann, they are merely incidental as APP updates do not directly correlate to a OS UPDATE tied to a particular model/carrier. Apps do require to be updated to the latest android version available, such as 4.2.X that's been discussed on Android Central...and that is why you are seeing your apps being updated....our update that we will be receiving will most likely be a 4.1.X variant ... yet I could stand corrected and perhaps be graced with a 4.2 flavor yet history says other wise.... in a IDEAL world when google releases new builds of OS's you will always undoubtedly see a influx of app updates the day of or trickling day by day... and ideally this would all happen in a short amount of days. Unfortunately since all OS updates require carrier approval... updating APPs generally dont necessarily correlate to the OS update such as this case... just coincidence but a good one...cant negate that

someone on XDA with an update, pretty sure its a brand new one.

Got a link for the lazy?

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'

ROM
    Stock on both for now.

Nice long thread going that seems to be headed to the"it's not gonna happen anytime soon" side of the argument. When I look at the photo, it clearly states 4.1.1 (jellybean). It's coming, just wait.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    There's always time to do it right the second time.

Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Nexus 7 (2012)

Retired
    HTC EVO 4G LTE
    HTC EVO 4G (Original)

I'm pretty sure that the guy over at XDA was just referring to our current version. He was saying he hadn't updated the phone since he bought it a while back and he finally did today. I don't think it's the new update.
    Thanked by:

Here's the link to the guys that got the update.

Edit: Apparently that link was to an update the guy waited to use from months ago. So, I'd like to use this space for something more fruitful...
    RIP Hostess. Your Twinkies got me through some of the toughest times in my life. <3

Last edited by RunOfLuck; 11-16-2012 at 06:46 PM.
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    markkelley and BigDinCA like this.

Quote Originally Posted by onehotpocket View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the guy over at XDA was just referring to our current version. He was saying he hadn't updated the phone since he bought it a while back and he finally did today. I don't think it's the new update.
    You're prolly right.

Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL

ROM
    Stock

Just random thing I noticed, the new sprint zone no longer shows there is an HTC update available.
    TonyLibations likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by georgeotc View Post
    Just random thing I noticed, the new sprint zone no longer shows there is an HTC update available.
    Lol. Maybe that was our big update.

Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    Laplancha Quema likes this.

Default Re: It's coming jelly bean!

It reads that way at first but upon further inspection the context of it is saying "Upgrade TO ICS..." Like Sprint is an upgrade to tmobile. lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Laplancha Quema View Post
    It reads that way at first but upon further inspection the context of it is saying "Upgrade TO ICS..." Like Sprint is an upgrade to tmobile. lmao
    The waiting game continues. lol

ROM
    Sense

On a completely different note, Is anyone experiencing contacts problem. "My call log shows UNKNOWN even if the number is saved." How do you rectify that? As of now, I think I'll be happy even if I didnt receive the JB update but an MR update that makes my phone perfect with 4.0.4 would be most welcome.
    Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

Quote Originally Posted by krishna1731 View Post
    On a completely different note, Is anyone experiencing contacts problem. "My call log shows UNKNOWN even if the number is saved." How do you rectify that? As of now, I think I'll be happy even if I didnt receive the JB update but an MR update that makes my phone perfect with 4.0.4 would be most welcome.
    Yeah, there's been a lot of contact related issues and there's a few threads out there on it

ROM
    CM10

Well this is good news... the number on the update matches the screen shot. So although they did not actually say it was JB it kinda brings a little more truth to the original screen shot. http://www.pocketables.com/images/20...lte-update.png
    And by the way I actually went and looked to see if this was legit and it is. No photoshops or anything lol.
    Thanked by:
    Mercury81 and sgt. slaughter like this.

Evo users are the best. I read this whole post and it is hilarious. You all have made my day. I don't feel so bad now. I constantly check updates everyday, 2-3 times a day. Love it!!!!!!!
    Thanked by:
    Mercury81 likes this.

Now I no I'm not the only 1 doing that lol

I'm actually surprised AC hasn't said any word about this at all...seemingly complete radio silence.

This is either a great big hoax, or the biggest flop in HTC/Sprint's history of update notifications. You'd think with all of the hoopla that has gone on already in this situation that one of them would have more publicly said something more than a cryptic tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by charlesspivak1 View Post
    I'm actually surprised AC hasn't said any word about this at all...seemingly complete radio silence.

This is either a great big hoax, or the biggest flop in HTC/Sprint's history of update notifications. You'd think with all of the hoopla that has gone on already in this situation that one of them would have more publicly said something more than a cryptic tweet.
    I've noticed that AC doesn't say anything until they're absolutely certain... Plus it's the weekend. I searched Google and found two other blogs that have mentioned it. They even posted the screen pic that started this whole ordeal.

Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by charlesspivak1 View Post
    Why would be a flop from Sprint/HTC? I mean I agree that their update history does indeed blow but they never really revealed that this upgrade was going to happen. There was a leak which isn't their fault since they made no promise to the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by RunOfLuck View Post
    I've noticed that AC doesn't say anything until they're absolutely certain... Plus it's the weekend. I searched Google and found two other blogs that have mentioned it. They even posted the screen pic that started this whole ordeal.

I don't blame them for not making too big of a deal about it, however I've seen them make a bigger deal about smaller less significant things. But I still love them so whatever they feel is right, I'm down with their judgment.

Damn, we really need "Inside Sprint Now" now... Where has he gone?!? Must be being held in a Sprint prison somewhere I side corporate headquarters.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyg41 View Post
    Why would be a flop from Sprint/HTC? I mean I agree that their update history does indeed blow but they never really revealed that this upgrade was going to happen. There was a leak which isn't their fault since they made no promise to the general public.
    Not necessarily flop in the sense that they caused it in the first place, however when they see (and you know they did) all the attention that this potential hoax caused, you'd think they'd publicly address it. Isn't that what PR is for?? Unless of course they didn't mind the attention, even being somewhat negative, as any attention is good attention...at least most of the time.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Damn, we really need "Inside Sprint Now" now... Where has he gone?!? Must be being held in a Sprint prison somewhere I side corporate headquarters.
    Dan Hesse took him out.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyg41 View Post
    Dan Hesse took him out.
    Hesse is known as the "Mean Joe Green" of the wireless world for a reason...
Page 10 of 133 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast