Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 104 of 133 FirstFirst ... 101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 3309
Like Tree2031Likes

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

@Phil

As a suggestion, rename the thread: The J-Beaner Experience: Anticipation, Frustration, Frenzy, Feedback. (please post your upgrade experience here)

This thread would be an exceptional tool for Sprint/HTC to use when planning, and implementing, future updates - not to mention a humorous reading experience for all involved. Keep it open and active peeps - there's no doubt in my mind that this thread garnered some attention from our hardware/service providers.
    Last edited by tt0h; 12-13-2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: brain fart
    deviantartjr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPuddin View Post
    I know what precious little of that means. Can I update my phone? Is that what you're telling me?
    it means the devs got it and are working on it.. so chill and wait for them

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

My internet on phone is still not working. I hard rebooted the phone to try to fix.. Have tried with/without WiFi. With WiFi and Moble Data both on, nothing works.

So far, not so good.

Extra .335 gb of ram reading. Will gladly except

Quote Originally Posted by koam View Post
    My internet on phone is still not working. I hard rebooted the phone to try to fix.. Have tried with/without WiFi. With WiFi and Moble Data both on, nothing works.

So far, not so good.
    Check your data settings under Wireless & Networks/Mobile Networks/

Make sure your data is enabled.

Why this would be changed I have no clue but check there first.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

So far, not so good.
    does it see the wifi networks but not connect? You might wanna try putting it into airplane mode and then taking it back off. I've seen that work in the past. If that's not it, maybe removing and re-adding your wifi connection.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPuddin View Post
    I know what precious little of that means. Can I update my phone? Is that what you're telling me?
    The devs were on this the moment it was caught in the "developers circle" and will probably have some early builds up B4 the day is even out.

Its always an exciting time and its nice to see people willing to contribute to the community.

You have the green light to proceed and update your device.
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

So we have the Evo 3d homescreen again .

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Check your data settings under Wireless & Networks/Mobile Networks/

Make sure your data is enabled.

Why this would be changed I have no clue but check there first.
    In Mobile Networks, it's LTE/CDMA with Domestic Data checked.

I've been toggling Mobile Network and WiFi on and off. Mobile Network is routing, but super slowly (I'm on Airave....may try to reboot that and phone again) but with WiFi on, nothing's working. Before the Update, Speedtest with Mobile on Airave was fast. (WiFi off) After JB Update, stuff is crawling. Time to reboot all I guess.

Anyone know what the "power saver mode" does? I see it in the notifications.

In Mobile Networks, it's LTE/CDMA with Domestic Data checked.

I've been toggling Mobile Network and WiFi on and off. Mobile Network is routing, but super slowly (I'm on Airave....may try to reboot that and phone again) but with WiFi on, nothing's working. Before the Update, Speedtest with Mobile on Airave was fast. (WiFi off) After JB Update, stuff is crawling. Time to reboot all I guess.
    Yeah explore all your available possibilities before coming down to the last resort... Factory Reset :/
    Paul

25% on my archaic T1 work wifi.............I knew the minute I went to lunch the update would be available, sat at the bar, ordered a micro brew, for the hell of it checked for update...BAM update available!

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonTitua View Post
    it means the devs got it and are working on it.. so chill and wait for them
    He wasn't looking for the developers to push out their own updated ROMs in the next 3 minutes. He downloaded the OTA just like the rest of us, but he was trying to find out how to upload it to the developer community
    So Cold likes this.

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cherenkov View Post
    does it see the wifi networks but not connect? You might wanna try putting it into airplane mode and then taking it back off. I've seen that work in the past. If that's not it, maybe removing and re-adding your wifi connection.
    It is connecting to each of 2 WiFi bands ... (2.4 and 5.0 GHz) one at a time... but then isn't routing. I will try rebooting all.

Nothing works with WiFi turned on (Connection Lost in fb, for example).. I tried your Airplane Mode on and off, no change. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gram Noden View Post
    25% on my archaic T1 work wifi.............I knew the minute I went to lunch the update would be available, sat at the bar, ordered a micro brew, for the hell of it checked for update...BAM update available!
    This only worked because there was alcohol involved!
    Thanked by:

Does anybody know how to enable the jellybean lock screen?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Ironic how I give and decide to download the Android Central Forum app just to keep up with the thread and the first post I see after the app installs is that we got the Jelly Bean Update. *Oh Happy Day*

- - - Updated - - -

Ironic how I give and decide to download the Android Central Forum app just to keep up with the thread and the first post I see after the app installs is that we got the Jelly Bean Update. *Oh Happy Day*
    tt0h likes this.

Jellybean lock screen? Isn't it the same as the normal lock screen?

New to the EVOLTE. Do you guys factory reset after the update?

Ed

Can someone post the kernel version? A screenshot would be nice. It's in the software information, under "More," where the baseband, etc. is.

The beats audio is way louder and clearer.
    JAY_RAWW12 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by unitedflow View Post
    Does anybody know how to enable the jellybean lock screen?
    Just read that was on 4.2, not 4.1 not sure if we get that, what about advanced notifiacations, anyone know if we get those?

Where's Google now?

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

Under new JB for EVO 4G LTE, WiFi has given me some trouble.

I rebooted my DSL modem & router. The WiFi in the home is working fine on my laptop (Win 7) and Google Nexus 7 tabled (Android 4.2). There's nothing wrong with my WiFi network.

As soon as my phone got JB, it wouldn't route with WiFi on.

With Moble Network OFF, Airave OFF, WiFi ON after rebooting modem and router it still didn't work. No page routing, even though status says I'm connected to WiFi.

Then I did yet another hard reboot of phone... and now it's routing on either WiFi band.

SPEEDTEST.NET results
    Mobile Network OFF, Airave OFF, WiFi ON 5 GHz band
    PING 30 ms, DL 4629 kbps, UP 1668 kbps

Mobile Network OFF, Airave OFF, WiFi ON 2.4 GHz band
    PING 34 ms, DL 4834 kbps, UP 1542 kbps

All good now. So I guess the third hard reboot of the phone is what fixed the WiFi?

Also the "SYNCing" circular arrows icon persists in my top status bar on the EVO. I have AutoSyncing turned OFF and turned off individually in all apps and accounts except for weather, I think....but that icon has been stuck there in the status bar since the JB update....and phone has been laggy at times...swiping from one home screen to next was delayed...so there are background operations going on post-update that are using some resources at times. At the moment the screen navigation is back to normal.

I'll test the internet routing without WiFi next...with and without Airave.

UPDATE, results:

Mobile Network ON CDMA/LTE (I'm in 3G), Airave OFF (0 to 2 bars of service, which sometimes roams at home), WiFi OFF
    PING 206 ms, DL 0260 kbps, UP 0112 kbps

So really slow on 3G without Airave, but that was the same before JB update

Hard re-booted phone again on top of newly restarted Airave, then
    Mobile Network ON CDMA/LTE (I'm in 3G), Airave ON (full bars), WiFi OFF
    PING 169 ms, DL 2144 kbps, UP 712 kbps

So it's OK on Airave, with WiFi off. Seems fixed.
    Last edited by koam; 12-13-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sieg6 View Post
    The beats audio is way louder and clearer.
    Did they add back the extra options they took away in the last update? Such as bass boost, sweetener, classic eq's?????