Page 112 of 133 FirstFirst ... 109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 3309
Like Tree2031Likes

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Anyone know what the"rescue" app is for? I think that's new?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Kizzmocat View Post
    Anyone know what the"rescue" app is for? I think that's new?

For support, if you start it that's what it says.

I think if it weren't for sprint, HTC would have completely abandoned this phone. It still says it's on ICS on their website.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by crowrb29 View Post
    I think if it weren't for sprint, HTC would have completely abandoned this phone. It still says it's on ICS on their website.

Who cares, the phone can be updated right?

Quote Originally Posted by crowrb29 View Post

I don't think they'd change the website until they start shipping units with Jelly Bean installed.

ROM
    Stock on both for now.

Quote Originally Posted by hoandrews View Post
    As you know, the screen is supposed to go blank when you put the phone to your ear while making or receiving a call. But with JB when I bring the phone back down to end the call the screen stays blank so the phone does not disconnect until the other person hangs up. Anyone else having that problem, and is there a fix in settings? Also with Google Now, there is no provision to select a time interval for the search, e.g. last 24 hours. For time searches, I am using the orginal mobile version of Google, which used to be the screen with the old Google Search.

Some of you have commented on the increase in speed with JB. I agree. The quadrant benchmark test is now 6300 versus 5300 with ICS.
    Noticed the same thing today on my EVO. Kinda weird, but not a show-stopper. Have no idea if there's a fix for this or not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    There's always time to do it right the second time.

Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Nexus 7 (2012)

Retired
    HTC EVO 4G LTE
    HTC EVO 4G (Original)

I just updated my replacement phone and I'm loving it. My opinion of HTC hasn't changed since I wrote this: A lengthy opinion of my HTC experience

OK, JB downloaded and installed and operational. Gonna take a lil adjusting and playing with but seems fine so far. Missing my voice input for emails but I guess I'll figure out where the hell it went to eventually.

I love Jellybean its awesome I like the emotions and how I can see more icons on Twitter and Instagram now perfect and smooth only thing I'm looking for is where is the get more skins at ? I miss the Golden Ring all I see is silver and black now.

Shut power saver off. That should stop your issue

Lost my humongous blocked caller list

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

My gps barely works. I almost got into an accident on the fwy.!

Quote Originally Posted by cr8rec View Post
    My gps barely works. I almost got into an accident on the fwy.!

People like you shouldn't be driving!

SENT FROM MY JELLYBEAN EATING EVO!
    Thanked by 2:

Sprint Zone notification of the update :

The best part us where it says "do not remove battery during update, doing so may damage your phone"...

Not that benchmarks matter too much since the update my phone shot up to all most 7000 on quadrant

delthor7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezerb View Post
    Lost my humongous blocked caller list
    Goto sprint.com and you can block numbers on there for free that will never make it to your phone. Its much easier.

Wifi NetworkButGetNoDataTransmission. NotSureWhatTheNextMoveIts. Any Suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Any one having wifi issues go into wifi /settings /advanced /scroll all the way down to dlna and un check the box. Someone on the complaints thread posted this fix and it worked for me.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    I TriedThatAndOutDidn'tStorm I'mConnectedToMyWifi

Voice command works with (internet) search but not in in texting. I drive a lot and this will be a problem for me. Any ideas??
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,202 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mdavis1972 View Post
    Voice command works with (internet) search but not in in texting. I drive a lot and this will be a problem for me. Any ideas??
    Works fine for me. I can initiate a text by selecting Google Voice Search and saying "Text [NAME] [CONTENT]". Also, contrary to popular believe, this does not depend on "Google [SPY] Now".
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    FaisDogg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Works fine for me. I can initiate a text by selecting Google Voice Search and saying "Text [NAME] [CONTENT]". Also, contrary to popular believe, this does not depend on "Google [SPY] Now".
    Cool that works except for the fact that it won't initialize until after I exit and go back into Google Voice Search for a second time! I heard it's always a good thing to reset the phone back to factory after a major update. Maybe I'll try that tonight!! Any thoughts out there?
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,202 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mdavis1972 View Post
    Cool that works except for the fact that it won't initialize until after I exit and go back into Google Voice Search for a second time!
    Not sure why. I just tried MIC and a web search, then without leaving it, I pressed the MIC again and said "TEXT XXXXXXX XXXXX" and it started a new text message.

I heard it's always a good thing to reset the phone back to factory after a major update. Maybe I'll try that tonight!! Any thoughts out there?
    It can't hurt, but you will have to spend a lot of time entering settings again (and losing your text history/etc). Generally I don't recommend doing it unless there are strange issues that other apps and settings don't appear to be causing.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Works like a charm..

Quote Originally Posted by gpdaddy95 View Post
    Noticed the same thing today on my EVO. Kinda weird, but not a show-stopper. Have no idea if there's a fix for this or not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    I've made calls and it operates just fine with regards to the screen recognizing your face to the phone. I've even pulled it away back and forth and it responds almost too well haha. I'd do a reboot if you haven't already to smooth everything out.

Rooted my phone five days ago because I was tired of waiting for JB and it's release (just my luck). Unrooted and relocked the bootloader and bricked my phone (once again that's my luck). After a couple of hours I managed to unbrick, reinstall the stock rom and do the JB update (Hellz Yeah!). Everything works great except my screen turns off whenever it wants and I can't make or hangup my calls (my luck has to change).

Quote Originally Posted by shdw493 View Post
    Rooted my phone five days ago because I was tired of waiting for JB and it's release (just my luck). Unrooted and relocked the bootloader and bricked my phone (once again that's my luck). After a couple of hours I managed to unbrick, reinstall the stock rom and do the JB update (Hellz Yeah!). Everything works great except my screen turns off whenever it wants and I can't make or hangup my calls (my luck has to change).
    I actually started the process of rooting twice and just couldn't go through with it. So glad I didn't now. Sorry to hear about al the bad luck.

shdw493 likes this.