Page 113 of 133 FirstFirst ... 110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 3309
Like Tree2031Likes

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Quote Originally Posted by stugots101 View Post
    Look what I wrote to HTC on twitter

HTC USA ‏@HTCUSA
    EVO 4G LTE fans: we give you - Jelly Bean! Updates will roll out soon, and you can download it manually today.
    View photo
    2h rob ‏@stugots101
    @HTCUSA We appreciate the update, we also would like an apology for keeping us in the dark with a broken glitchy phone for 3 months
    Hide conversation
    2:47 PM - 13 Dec 12 Details

2h HTC USA ‏@HTCUSA
    @stugots101 We truly apologize for any frustration, Rob. Glad that you're all set up with the update!
    that reeks of douchebaggery. makes you wonder if oems are slow to update because, hey, people are going to whine anyway right?

i sent a few angry tweets their way too, but after i got what i wanted, i didnt continue to complain.
    Thanked by 5:

I have some problems with my phone when I want to open my pictures I closes really fast any advise I can not open my pictures

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Looks like my luck has finally changed. My proximity sensor is working correctly (I no longer have to hit the power button to get the screen to turn on after a call, it does it automatically). Also my battery life has been great today. I removed it from the charger at 9:45AM EST and I have 68% battery life left. Looks like all the pain and headache is done and i can finally enjoy my phone.
    Mercury81 likes this.

Does anybody know if you can disable the carousel function for the screens? I really hate it.

Okay guys. I really need some help. I got the update to Jelly Bean on the 13th when it first started and since then my phone has essentially become useless. The touch screen will function temporarily but after a little bit of the screen being on it will cease to function and I cannot do anything. Whenever I do a sim battery pull it works again for a little while and then stops once again. I'll still get text messages and calls the phone doesn't freeze per say I just can't use the touch screen. I have done multiple hard reboots (with Fast Boot off) and a few hard resets. Still nothing.

I've been reading over all these threads and so far I haven't heard about anybody out there having the same problem... Can y'all think of anything to help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick4208 View Post
    Does anybody know if you can disable the carousel function for the screens? I really hate it.
    Just curious,, why?

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick4208 View Post
    Nope. I assume you mean the new "wrap around" behavior of the carousel, which I also hate. To me, it makes it more difficult to know which screen is being used, and I will sometimes go "too far". At least they didn't revert to the pre-ICS behavior of the Evo 3D where the carousel would "spin" uncontrollably when you flick too hard. I *REALLY* detested that.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrSteez View Post
    Okay guys. I really need some help. I got the update to Jelly Bean [...]
    Bugs in Jelly Bean
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Nope. I assume you mean the new "wrap around" behavior of the carousel, which I also hate. To me, it makes it more difficult to know which screen is being used, and I will sometimes go "too far". At least they didn't revert to the pre-ICS behavior of the Evo 3D where the carousel would "spin" uncontrollably when you flick too hard. I *REALLY* detested that.
    I LOVED that! I thought it was great and at least had a little flashiness to it. I don't care for the carousel at all. I would prefer to have my wallpaper pan, but if they were going to bring it back, they should have at least made it look cool, like the E3D.
    koam likes this.

I liked having the wallpaper float to right and left as I went through the screens. I want that back.
    boo5ted and koam like this.

I like the browser on 4+ but it seems slower.

Battery today. Used the phone quite a bit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE-uploadfromtaptalk1355726271738.jpg  

My battery on the first full day of Jellybean
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE-uploadfromtaptalk1355729923940.jpg  

zmann I dont know why I like it. I first time I used it I hated it. When I rooted my OGevo the first rom I used had it and hated it then, I searched right away for a new rom. I think it should be an option to disable it.
    Thanked by:
    zmann 
    zmann likes this.

ROM
    CM10

So after this long wait and all the drinking in less that 4 days I switched back to CM10 lol... Its so much better... Sense kills my phone. It just murders it in every way lol. Miss you guys though.

Quote Originally Posted by spencer311 View Post
    So after this long wait and all the drinking in less that 4 days I switched back to CM10 lol... Its so much better... Sense kills my phone. It just murders it in every way lol. Miss you guys though.
    I've been debating that one ever since the update

After the update my note everything app is malfunctioning. I can't send notes through messenger. The only option to share is email, anyone else having same issue. I wrote to developer and they are confused and don't have an answer. I changed the market rating from a five to two star for service quality. I think I was being too generous.:beer:

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2
    Last edited by Mercury81; 12-18-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Has anyone else had really bad battery life after the update? I closed all my app windows this morning and went on with my daily routine. I was at work all day so the phone wasn't even used much also I didn't watch any videos so what the heck is going on? Before the update I could go all day and night with the phone while using it heavily. I can't even use it lightly without it dying half the day. I guess I am forced to use the power save feature so my phone can actually function -___-

Quote Originally Posted by Adriel Romo View Post
    Has anyone else had really bad battery life after the update? I closed all my app windows this morning and went on with my daily routine. I was at work all day so the phone wasn't even used much also I didn't watch any videos so what the heck is going on? Before the update I could go all day and night with the phone while using it heavily. I can't even use it lightly without it dying half the day. I guess I am forced to use the power save feature so my phone can actually function -___-
    Battery after JB

Check your usage and see what is using the battery. There's no one magic answer people can tell you on here

Apparently Google Maps is using 47% of my battery when the window is closed and it isn't even running? I press force stop and the force stop button goes transparent and won't let me press it again like it is actually going to force stop but it doesn't. What the heck
    Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    Battery after JB

Check your usage and see what is using the battery. There's no one magic answer people can tell you on here

No need to freak out people. I uninstalled Google maps or at least it uninstalled the update and now it finally isn't running all the time. I even did a hard reset first which didn't work

Or try unchecking the show notifications option under apps. That's might stop it from constantly running. I think that option has something to do with the update on the travel time to home notification that's pops up periodically.

ROM
    CM7 or a stock sense rom

Quote Originally Posted by shdw493 View Post
    Rooted my phone five days ago because I was tired of waiting for JB and it's release (just my luck). Unrooted and relocked the bootloader and bricked my phone (once again that's my luck). After a couple of hours I managed to unbrick, reinstall the stock rom and do the JB update (Hellz Yeah!). Everything works great except my screen turns off whenever it wants and I can't make or hangup my calls (my luck has to change).
    You could have just flashed a stock rooted ROM instead of going through all of that.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by Adriel Romo View Post
    Apparently Google Maps is using 47% of my battery when the window is closed and it isn't even running? I press force stop and the force stop button goes transparent and won't let me press it again like it is actually going to force stop but it doesn't. What the heck
    I had same exact issue, go under map settings and unckeck "location history" and your battery life get better...apparently Google now also constantly uses GPS/maps but that doesnt eats battery...I tested both, "location history" by maps seems to be the one

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MrSteez View Post
    Okay guys. I really need some help. I got the update to Jelly Bean on the 13th when it first started and since then my phone has essentially become useless. The touch screen will function temporarily but after a little bit of the screen being on it will cease to function and I cannot do anything. Whenever I do a sim battery pull it works again for a little while and then stops once again. I'll still get text messages and calls the phone doesn't freeze per say I just can't use the touch screen. I have done multiple hard reboots (with Fast Boot off) and a few hard resets. Still nothing.

I've been reading over all these threads and so far I haven't heard about anybody out there having the same problem... Can y'all think of anything to help me?
    My phone started freezing this past Monday night, did a factory reset, been running better than ever since......