Page 115 of 133 FirstFirst ... 112113114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 3309
Like Tree2031Likes

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

So I flashed mean bean and it pretty much fixed any issues that I had with jellybean. Lots of advantages to being rooted. Oh and I got sixteen hours of battery yesterday with five or so hours of screen on time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    CM7 or a stock sense rom

Quote Originally Posted by guitarfish View Post
    My biggest complaint is the proximity sensor, the screen going blank during calls when I need it on.
    Mine did that too, I took it into sprint. They told me my sensor was toast and gave me a new phone. It works great now. Might want to take it in to sprint for a checkup.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

New update for JB available this morning. Now installing version 3.16.651.3 7ORD
    Thanked by 4:

What's included? I dont have it yet, can someone post a screen shot?
    WHO DAT?!?!?!
    THIS IS NEW ORLEANS!!!!! - DREW BREES

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I hope this helps.
    Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE-uploadfromtaptalk1359636131250.jpg  
    Marine wives are like diamonds, they are brilliant and tough
    Thanked by:
    delthor7 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2856  

Oh yes! The proximity sensor seems to be fixed and no shutter sound when camera is in silent!

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    delthor7 likes this.

Thanks for the heads up on this newest update Steven, I just installed it. My biggest gripes have been the proximity sensor issue and the crashing Navigation app, I hope those are fixed. I'm happy to have a silent camera back too. One thing I reall miss is the wallpaper background "floating" when srolling right and left. That's still gone, oh well.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2858  

Quote Originally Posted by guitarfish View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on this newest update Steven, I just installed it. My biggest gripes have been the proximity sensor issue and the crashing Navigation app, I hope those are fixed. I'm happy to have a silent camera back too. One thing I reall miss is the wallpaper background "floating" when srolling right and left. That's still gone, oh well.
    Can't you just use a custom launcher like go or nova?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Sure, you could but seems stupid to take that stock feature away.
    WHO DAT?!?!?!
    TonyLibations likes this.

Global Posts
    715 Global Posts

I was under the impression that although I'm rooted I could still take the OTAs and that it would just break root. Is this not the case? I'm not able to update. It takes me to recovery and when I try to flash the download package from there it says update failed.

I'm honestly not concerned about losing root as honestly I've been trying to unroot for some weeks. I'm happy enough with my phone that I haven't seen a need for it.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

That's a really good catch. There's nothing else anywhere online about it that I can see, but it is available on my phone also. For some reason I'm scared to install it... lol

I installed and proximity is best it's ever been.

Topgonzo likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2863  

I've been looking online too trying to see full details of what it includes but can't find anything yet.. You are absolutely right! Voice mail doesn't black out anymore and so far the phone is working flawlessly

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Okay, what was the issue with the Proximity sensor I keep hearing about? Everyone just keeps calling it the "Proximitity sensor issue", but never what the problem actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post
    I was under the impression that although I'm rooted I could still take the OTAs and that it would just break root. Is this not the case? I'm not able to update. It takes me to recovery and when I try to flash the download package from there it says update failed.

I'm honestly not concerned about losing root as honestly I've been trying to unroot for some weeks. I'm happy enough with my phone that I haven't seen a need for it.

Rule #1 about rooting and updates, is you NOT accept OTA updates!

If you are rooted, DO NOT accept ANY OTA update. The develper of your Rom usually will update it in a day or two.
    WHO DAT?!?!?!

I am interested in hearing if the problem with Google navigation crashing has been resolved. I have waited to upgrade to jb for that reason primarily. The proximity sensor issue would have also driven me crazy.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Confirmed, proximity issue gone :-0
    Thanked by:

And yet it STILL does not address the reduction in image quality when attaching images to MMS.

Seriously, this has been a problem since the phone was released and hasn't been addressed in 4 updates.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Duffin View Post
    Okay, what was the issue with the Proximity sensor I keep hearing about? Everyone just keeps calling it the "Proximitity sensor issue", but never what the problem actually is.
    The sensitivity of the proximity sensor was too high. For lots of people, removing the screen protector solved it (especially the original Zagg ones with the wrong sized cutout). For a lot of people it didn't. The screen would turn off as soon as a call was answered, as if you were putting the phone up to your ear. It would also turn off when playing back a voicemail, as though you were putting the device up to your ear. Those are the times when the sensor is used, to avoid accidental and unwanted things happening when touching a live screen (i.e. app launching, call ending, etc.).

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Data connectivity ok? LTE, 3G ect....
    I'm hooked!

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by smotrs View Post
    And yet it STILL does not address the reduction in image quality when attaching images to MMS.

Seriously, this has been a problem since the phone was released and hasn't been addressed in 4 updates.
    I never had the issue before the JB update. I don't know if it's gone now or not because I haven't checked, but I didn't think it was much of an issue before.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2872  

Quote Originally Posted by tampaflusa View Post
    Data connectivity ok? LTE, 3G ect....
    So far better than ever. My blue tooth connectivity as well as Wi Fi and 4g stay connected and even when waking the screen I have yet to see it break.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2873  

Quote Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
    I never had the issue before the JB update. I don't know if it's gone now or not because I haven't checked, but I didn't think it was much of an issue before.
    The problem with the mms stock messenger is that the photo you take with a screen shot is to large for it to be appropriately attached and viewable when sent through stock mms. If you go into the settings and select to make maximum size the largest you can it still does not suffice enough. I played with this when I tried using go sms. It also showed screen shots taken through mms as being blurry and illegible. I changed settings to the largest available and selected keep the same resolution and now they send perfectly.. It has to do with the settings at which or screens are set on resolution I believe.. That's why when you view a screen shot it looks clear prior to sending through mms.. It frustrated me to but a simple solution is to install a alternate sms app.. They are so much better than stock also.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

Sprint's finally posted the changelog ...

- Proximity sensor improvements while on a call or listening to voicemail
    - Ability to output audio/video to HDTV (and other external displays via MHL cable
    - WiFi Connection improvements
    - Bluetooth compatibility improvements
    - Android process/application shutdown resolved
    Thanked by:
    crxssi likes this.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2875  

Quote Originally Posted by smotrs View Post

Then again if it is in relation to the screen resolution that we are taking the screen shot of it may be resizing the image for mms and that could be it..

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE