Page 116 of 133 FirstFirst ... 113114115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 3309
Like Tree2031Likes

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Same thing with Handcent. Images come across much clearer then the Stock Messaging system.

A Screenshot that started out as 458KB get's reduced to 22KB using the Stock Messaging system. It gets reduced to 266KB using Handcent. That's a 95% reduction with the stock messaging app versus a 42% reduction using a 3rd party app.

Camera images are just as bad. A photo taken with the camera (max resolution) started out as 1.27MB get's reduced to 34KB using the Stock Messaging system. It gets reduced to 579KB using Handcent. That's a 97% reduction with the stock messaging app versus a 54% reduction using a 3rd party app.

Regardless if a 3rd party app is preferred, the Stock Messaging system still needs to be fixed because not everyone wants to use a 3rd party app.
    boo5ted and BigDinCA like this.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    The problem with the mms stock messenger is...
    I know what the problem was. I was just saying that I hadn't had the issue before the JB update, but I did after. I'm not sure if it's fixed now or not, though.

I haven't tried duplicating the issue recently, but at one point when I attached a slideshow with 2 pictures to a text, only the first one got massively reduced while the second one was only reduced by about 50%.
    Last edited by Jaggrey; 01-31-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Global Posts
    712 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boo5ted View Post
    Rule #1 about rooting and updates, is you NOT accept OTA updates!

If you are rooted, DO NOT accept ANY OTA update. The develper of your Rom usually will update it in a day or two.
    I'm running a stock rom. From what I can tell I couldn't accept the ota regardless as it isn't working. I'm aware of the rule I just thought it was so you didn't lose root.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

I have been thinking about rooting my device specifically because it doesn't have the AVRCP 1.3 Bluetooth profile so it doesnt pass ID3 tags to my car stereo. I noticed bluetooth compatibility is listed on the changelog. Can anyone who's already updated check to see if MP3 info can be passed to their car radio?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    Sprint's finally posted the changelog ...

- Proximity sensor improvements while on a call or listening to voicemail
    - Ability to output audio/video to HDTV (and other external displays via MHL cable
    - WiFi Connection improvements
    - Bluetooth compatibility improvements
    - Android process/application shutdown resolved
    Let's hope it's fixed. It was driving me up the wall trying to stream video.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    I haven't tried duplicating the issue recently, but at one point when I attached a slideshow with 2 pictures to a text, only the first one got massively reduced while the second one was only reduced by about 50%.
    I just tried this again, all images attached, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, all get reduced to the same size or approximate same size.

Quote Originally Posted by smotrs View Post
    Same thing with Handcent. Images come across much clearer then the Stock Messaging system.

A Screenshot that started out as 458KB get's reduced to 22KB using the Stock Messaging system. It gets reduced to 266KB using Handcent. That's a 95% reduction with the stock messaging app versus a 42% reduction using a 3rd party app.

Camera images are just as bad. A photo taken with the camera (max resolution) started out as 1.27MB get's reduced to 34KB using the Stock Messaging system. It gets reduced to 579KB using Handcent. That's a 97% reduction with the stock messaging app versus a 54% reduction using a 3rd party app.

Regardless if a 3rd party app is preferred, the Stock Messaging system still needs to be fixed because not everyone wants to use a 3rd party app.
    It's probably just sprint trying to save bandwidth, one text message at a time...

They can force htc to hobble the stock messaging app, but can't do anything for 3rd party ones.

What I REALLY want to know is who was asleep at the switch so we didn't know about this coming in order to rack up another couple thousand posts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kfra315 View Post
    I have been thinking about rooting my device specifically because it doesn't have the AVRCP 1.3 Bluetooth profile so it doesnt pass ID3 tags to my car stereo. I noticed bluetooth is listed on the changelog. Can anyone who's already updated check to see if MP3 info can be passed to their car radio?
    Still no tags on my pioneer head unit. I was really hoping for this as well. Let me know if anyone finds differently. Everything seems to be working great though!

Not sure how to get nova running again? Usually hit home to switch launchers, can't now, see it's installed, can't get to it? Am i ed?

Really? Mine went right back to Nova after the update.

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'

Quote Originally Posted by TonyLibations View Post
    Really? Mine went right back to Nova after the update.

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.
    Still nothing, can't figure it out!

Never mind, I'm dumb, i uninstalled and re installed, went right back to the settings i had it at! Whew

TonyLibations likes this.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jt_3212 View Post
    Still no tags on my pioneer head unit. I was really hoping for this as well. Let me know if anyone finds differently. Everything seems to be working great though!
    Damnit. Looks like I'll just go forward with rooting it. Sucks too because I didn't really care to root and this latest update pretty much fixed all my recent issues.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

I discovered something new after the update. Well, new to me. Previously, if someone emailed me a .wmv file I could download it but not play it. My Dad emailed me a webcam video in .wmv format and for grins I tried it and it worked this time!! Not a huge deal but I'm glad I can view these occasional videos on my phone rather than having to go to my pc to watch it.
    Thanked by 2:

Strangely enough, cm10 outputs mp3 info but sense still doesn't. Not strange, actually, considering it's HTC we're talking about. Now if Apollo would work properly, we'd have it all.

Quote Originally Posted by steven-h View Post
    New update for JB available this morning. Now installing version 3.16.651.3 7ORD
    That's interesting.. Did my OTA on Tuesday, and mine now shows version 3.16.651.3 710RD. Wonder what gives?

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rtfloneo1 View Post
    That's interesting.. Did my OTA on Tuesday, and mine now shows version 3.16.651.3 710RD. Wonder what gives?
    He forgot the "1" at the end. That's all.

PRL Updated to 25012
    J

Ever since my dad took the Jelly Bean update for his EVO LTE, he said he can no longer keep his phone tethered to his car via Bluetooth and his Wi-Fi is shot. Even if he's in range of the router at home, his phone constantly tries to find a connection... Anyone? I stay away from OTAs... generally.

My Optimus G says hi via Tapatalk 2 ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by jt_3212 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mkozak View Post
    Damnit. Looks like I'll just go forward with rooting it. Sucks too because I didn't really care to root and this latest update pretty much fixed all my recent issues.
    I have an Alpine head unit in my car and since I've been out of the country for a while I haven't had time to mess with it lately but I tried it a while back and I wasn't able to listen to anything from my phone. Any tips or tricks on the phone side of things on getting this to work?

Default Re: It's coming jelly bean!

i am. .. sprint wont even speculate so i call bull

My phone was doing the same thing....I pick up a new phone tomorrow. They couldnt fix it.

Well I do stand corrected as we all know the update came on 13 DEC 2012 and JB is all that. I really enjoy this phone. Thanks "Taptalk 2"