Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 3309
Like Tree2031Likes

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Quote Originally Posted by gpdaddy95 View Post
    Rumor and "knowledgeable" speculation point to the update occurring in late August. Personally, I'm thinking September/October. The fact that 4.2 and Sense 5 are already ported over tells me that the update is coming and the fact that the Butterfly already has the update indicates that our update isn't too far off. Whether we get it in a month just sounds a little too good to be true. Then again, we got the 4.1 update way ahead of predictions and before the AT&T One X did, so it could happen I guess. Bottom line is that we're getting the update. The questions are when and what features of Sense 5 will we receive? Will the 4.2 upgrade contain TRIM processing?
    Let's hope you are right!

Sense 5 features the LTE will for sure get? I would bet Blinkfeed and Zoe features will be the only huge additions. Hopefully it will get the 4.2 update with the quick settings as well!

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Android 4.3 is making news this week. I just got it pushed to my Google Nexus 7. I thought there'd be more chatter about it here for the HTC EVO 4G LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by koam View Post
    I thought there'd be more chatter about it here for the HTC EVO 4G LTE.
    When documented sources release more info the chatter will begin, for now its just people "speculating". When someone said they talked to their brother's coworkers bestfriends aunt about the update, that's just speculation.
    WHO DAT?!?!?!
    THIS IS NEW ORLEANS!!!!! - DREW BREES

Quote Originally Posted by boo5ted View Post
    When someone said they talked to their brother's coworkers bestfriends aunt about the update, that's just speculation.
    That's close enough... Everyone drink!!

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by koam View Post
    Android 4.3 is making news this week. I just got it pushed to my Google Nexus 7. I thought there'd be more chatter about it here for the HTC EVO 4G LTE.
    Well, 4.3 isn't ever going to come to the Evo LTE... not officially, through the OTA/carrier, at least.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post

WHO DAT?!?!?!
    Mikey47 likes this.

When topogonzo comes in with some screenshots of the next update is when I'll start believing, and then it should come within 1500 speculation posts after that!

ROM
    Stock-unrooted

Damn restraining order. ..
    CrackBerry Curve 9330 > BlackBerry Tour 9630 > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 4G LTE > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by Zookeeper63 View Post
    Damn restraining order. ..
    I won't tell if you don't lol.
    WHO DAT?!?!?!

ROM
    Stock on both for now.

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Well, 4.3 isn't ever going to come to the Evo LTE... not officially, through the OTA/carrier, at least.
    Absolutely no one is predicting a 4.3 update to the LTE and given the amount of time (and money) it took HTC to update the One, I don't see it happening. Let's face it, if HTC is losing money, the first thing they'll do is start cutting unnecessary expenses and keeping older (and soon to be discontinued) phones up to date for the geeks has got to be pretty high up on the cut list. Trust me, Jerry Hildenbrand will shave his beard long before HTC will release a 4.3 update to the 4G LTE.

Trust me, Jerry Hildenbrand will shave his beard long before HTC will release a 4.3 update to the 4G LTE.
    Well, glad you're speaking for Jerry's beard now. Boy, now I really want this phone to get 4.3.

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

Absolutely no one is predicting a 4.3 update to the LTE.
    Yes, I know, that is why I posted that it is never going to happen. I was replying to "KOAM" who seemed to think there would be chatter about 4.3...
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    koam likes this.

I don't see HTC releasing another update for this phone. I think 4.1.1 will the last update for this phone. I will never buy a HTC phone again. They have abandoned all their old phones unlike Samsung who continues to push updates for phones all the way down to the SII
    YvesStLawrence likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kmarx View Post
    I don't see HTC releasing another update for this phone. I think 4.1.1 will the last update for this phone. I will never buy a HTC phone again. They have abandoned all their old phones unlike Samsung who continues to push updates for phones all the way down to the SII
    The SII is on 4.3?!?

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The SII is on 4.3?!?
    It's getting 4.2.2
    Marine wives are like diamonds, they are brilliant and tough

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

I don't see HTC releasing another update for this phone. I think 4.1.1 will the last update for this phone.
    We don't know that right now

I will never buy a HTC phone again. They have abandoned all their old phones unlike Samsung who continues to push updates for phones all the way down to the SII
    And a few years ago you would have said the exact same thing about Samsung, who was MUCH worse than HTC on updates...

ROM
    Stock on both for now.

Several press releases over the past three months have come out stating that we'll be getting the update to 4.2 and (a trimmed down) Sense 5. While the EVO 4G LTE wasn't specifically mentioned, the One X and all of it's variants were mentioned. Since our EVO is almost identical to the One X, Android Police, Android Authority, etc., have all stated that we will be getting the update. When the 4.1 upgrade came out, the EVO wasn't mentioned but the One X was and we received our update a couple of weeks before the One X. HTC releases the updates to the carriers and the carriers approve and do the final release. (It wouldn't surprise me if Sprint already has the update in hand and is testing it for release right now). Now I'm no huge fan of Sprint, especially as of late, but Sprint consistently updates their phones before AT&T. About the only one worse than AT&T for updates is Verizon.

I'll admit that Samsung stepped up to the plate and is gone from bad to passable for updating phones. They also have a lot more crap layered on top of the OS than most. But that's Samsung. If you like that experience, go for it. I prefer the elegance and sophistication in Sense. I prefer the smoothness and quality built into the phone and operating system. As much as I enjoy the updates, it's not what makes the phone and it's not what makes the experience more enjoyable. It just makes an old phone seem new again for a few days.

If you're that bent on getting timely updates, get the Nexus phones and be done with it. I've got 4.2 (and now 4.3) on my Nexus 7 and the update isn't anything to schedule a news conference over. The only real improvement is the ability to use DashClock widgets. The only thing I'm looking forward to is Sense 5 and the Blinkfeed. I've played with it in the store and think it will be a nice addition to my phone.

According to HTCSource.com, the 4.2.2 update is hitting the One-X in Taiwan. There is also another article that says the Evo 4G LTE is on a list to receive the update as well. It is not official by any means from HTC or Sprint but the guy that wrote the article has sources suggesting the EVO may get it. The link is posted below in case you want to check out his article.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    YvesStLawrence likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Zagotti View Post
    According to HTCSource.com, the 4.2.2 update is hitting the One-X in Taiwan. There is also another article that says the Evo 4G LTE is on a list to receive the update as well. It is not official by any means from HTC or Sprint but the guy that wrote the article has sources suggesting the EVO may get it. The link is posted below in case you want to check out his article.

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Zagotti View Post

Here is a link to the other orticle. I am optomistic. Seems like a very credible source.

Thanked by:
    Zookeeper63 and Mark Zagotti like this.

Hopefully soon!

ROM
    Stock on both for now.

The HTC One X European version got the 4.2.2/Sense 5 upgrade this weekend. While that's a Tegra 3 model, it's also a pretty good indicator that the upgrade is soon to be released on the One X in the US. This is encouraging since the US One X and the EVO are almost identical in the hardware department. I'm beginning to believe we're going to see the update soon, probably before Thanksgiving if Sprint can get their shizznit together.

Here is a link for that HTC One X update:

Nice.

And to keep the rumor mill running there are these two recent reports that HTC is considering EVO 4G LTE for 4.3 update.
    Not sure if they should be believed or dismissed...

Thanked by:
    balansboy and Zookeeper63 like this.