Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Go into "network mode" & disable LTE
Thanks.
Hey, yes my partner just told me to switch to CDMA only. (Which I should have figured out myself, but thought it would be just a toggle to 4G on/off like the old EVO)

After that I started seeing "Data Test Error" on the My Device page.

I then got that error to clear by turning off WiFi.

However, it keeps alerting me that a PRL update is available, even though I've already updated PRL a couple of times today. I just updated PRL again and went back into SprintZone where it again tells me to go get a new PRL.

Incidentally, any time I ever went to System Updates, Update PRL, it always acts like it's getting and installing a new one, no matter how frequently I do it.. I guess this is normal.

Geezerb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Thanks.
Hey, yes my partner just told me to switch to CDMA only. (Which I should have figured out myself, but thought it would be just a toggle to 4G on/off like the old EVO)

restart phone

However, it keeps alerting me that a PRL update is available, even though I've already updated PRL a couple of times today.

Restart phone?

smkyle

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Ok just got off the phone with Sprint. They said the update started rolling out on 11/15 and if I can't update then to take my battery out for 30 seconds and then turn it back on. I finally got what I think is the battery out but I have no idea how to put my phone back together. I'm about to call them back to get instructions

Typed with Swiftkey flow beta

Geezerb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Since there are so many users on this thread, can anyone tell me if "flac" music files can be played on our phone? Do I need a 3rd party app?

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

Restart phone?

Yes I just did a full reboot of phone and SprintZone took a minute before it gave me "Voice Test Failure".

F*&^ it. I'm not gonna worry about the SprintZone warnings. I'll just see if the phone works after JB.

ne0shi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Noticed my network was on CDMA - eHRPD. I believe that's a handoff to LTE before it comes. Wouldn't it be great if they rolled out the JellyBean update and switched on LTE the same day.

Depends on your NVE rollouts but eHRPD has been around for quite some time now. Been on this mode for me since August or September.

NelsonTitua

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

i cant stand other oem's UI's i love htc sense its the best out gives u full functionality of the phone and thats before root.. i hated touchwiz but i see its an imitation of sense :Dlol.. so meh.. i am on viperrom4g so i cannot check to see if there is an update but i keep hitting refresh!

unitedflow

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Ok just got off the phone with Sprint. They said the update started rolling out on 11/15 and if I can't update then to take my battery out for 30 seconds and then turn it back on. I finally got what I think is the battery out but I have no idea how to put my phone back together. I'm about to call them back to get instructions

Are you serious? 11/15! These people don't know what the hell is going on.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

Thanks.

However, it keeps alerting me that a PRL update is available, even though I've already updated PRL a couple of times today. I just updated PRL again and went back into SprintZone where it again tells me to go get a new PRL.

Incidentally, any time I ever went to System Updates, Update PRL, it always acts like it's getting and installing a new one, no matter how frequently I do it.. I guess this is normal.

I used to get data connection issues when in CDMA only mode, plus battery life wasn't really any better, so I went back to CDMA / LTE and had no problems since...Unlike the OG EVO I don't think it hurts to have 4g on always

smkyle

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I said a while back it's gonna be January 3rd. I revealed my sources and everything. Y U NO listen to me?

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

Per Sprintcare's Twitter feed:

@seanmacncheez Here to help, we're still waiting for the official word but it should be soon. *JSW

Hmmm, why announce it then?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

I said a while back it's gonna be January 3rd. I revealed my sources and everything. Y U NO listen to me?

I had said a source of mine told me "by the end of November",,, 13 days late,,,,,,,,, I can live with that

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

smkyle

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I had said a source of mine told me "by the end of November",,, 13 days late,,,,,,,,, I can live with that

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

Whatev crow muncher. Don't make me go dragging up old posts

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

I forget... which source was yours? The one-legged hobo, the HTC "tech" in Arizona, Dan Hesse, your sister's 3rd cousin's husband's mistress, Phil Nickinson's source, the OP or the Mystical Christmas Moose?

If it was the Moose, I'm onboard. If it were anyone else - I'm not buying.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance