Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 133 of 133 FirstFirst ... 130131132133
Results 3,301 to 3,309 of 3309
Like Tree2031Likes
  1. #3301  
    Captain_Throwback's Avatar

    Posts
    309 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    ROM
    chub-sac-Sense4.5/AnTHRaX

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Guthrie View Post
    Captain_Throwback

    How do you root a phone when my HTC Evo 4G LTE has the .4 RUU stock version installed? To S-OFF Rumrunner says that my phone needs rooted before it can continue. Every method of rooting wants a Hboot 2.09 or earlier. Nothing supports Hboot 2.10 on the HTC Evo 4G LTE which the .4 update installs.
    Unlock with HTCDev, install custom recovery, flash stock rooted 4.13.651.4. If you want S-OFF, run Rumrunner.
    Device 1: HTC One (M8)/831C | Hardware Version: 0005
    Baseband: 1.08.20.0612_4 | PRI: 2.62_003 | PRL: 53136 | Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.7

    Device 2: HTC Jewel/PJ75100 (EVO 4G LTE) | Hardware Version: 0003
    Baseband: 1.13.11.1105 | PRI: 3.02_003 | PRL: 56018 | Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.2

    Device 3: HTC Shooter/PG86100 (EVO 3D) | Hardware Version: 0002
    Baseband: 1.09.00.0108 | PRI: 1.55_003 | PRL: 22100 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0


    Device 4: HTC Supersonic/PC36100 (EVO 4G) | Hardware Version: 0004
    Baseband: 2.15.00.01.15 | PRI: 2.33_003 | PRL: 40460 | Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.0
  2. #3302  
    KEB64's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback View Post
    Unlock with HTCDev, install custom recovery, flash stock rooted 4.13.651.4. If you want S-OFF, run Rumrunner.
    That would be one way to obtain a rooted rom. What the poster is asking is how to root HIS stock ROM. I am curious as well.
  3. #3303  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    I have the stock 4.13.651.4 RUU installed on my phone s-on and relocked. I unlocked and installed custom recovery and rooted with superSU but the rumrunner cmd promt says that i either need an unsecure kernel or number 2 i forgot what it said im assuming it was an error pretaining to the 4.13.651.4 firmware. Is there any way to s-off this firmware yet?
  4. #3304  
    Captain_Throwback's Avatar

    Posts
    309 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    ROM
    chub-sac-Sense4.5/AnTHRaX

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by KEB64 View Post
    That would be one way to obtain a rooted rom. What the poster is asking is how to root HIS stock ROM. I am curious as well.
    Same steps. Instead of the last step, just reboot from custom recovery. It'll tell you your ROM isn't rooted and offer to root it for you.
    Device 1: HTC One (M8)/831C | Hardware Version: 0005
    Baseband: 1.08.20.0612_4 | PRI: 2.62_003 | PRL: 53136 | Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.7

    Device 2: HTC Jewel/PJ75100 (EVO 4G LTE) | Hardware Version: 0003
    Baseband: 1.13.11.1105 | PRI: 3.02_003 | PRL: 56018 | Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.2

    Device 3: HTC Shooter/PG86100 (EVO 3D) | Hardware Version: 0002
    Baseband: 1.09.00.0108 | PRI: 1.55_003 | PRL: 22100 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0


    Device 4: HTC Supersonic/PC36100 (EVO 4G) | Hardware Version: 0004
    Baseband: 2.15.00.01.15 | PRI: 2.33_003 | PRL: 40460 | Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.0
    Thanked by:
    KEB64 
  5. #3305  
    Captain_Throwback's Avatar

    Posts
    309 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    ROM
    chub-sac-Sense4.5/AnTHRaX

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by derrickluvv View Post
    I have the stock 4.13.651.4 RUU installed on my phone s-on and relocked. I unlocked and installed custom recovery and rooted with superSU but the rumrunner cmd promt says that i either need an unsecure kernel or number 2 i forgot what it said im assuming it was an error pretaining to the 4.13.651.4 firmware. Is there any way to s-off this firmware yet?
    See my previous steps. Flash stock rooted. Rumrunner will work.
    Device 1: HTC One (M8)/831C | Hardware Version: 0005
    Baseband: 1.08.20.0612_4 | PRI: 2.62_003 | PRL: 53136 | Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.7

    Device 2: HTC Jewel/PJ75100 (EVO 4G LTE) | Hardware Version: 0003
    Baseband: 1.13.11.1105 | PRI: 3.02_003 | PRL: 56018 | Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.2

    Device 3: HTC Shooter/PG86100 (EVO 3D) | Hardware Version: 0002
    Baseband: 1.09.00.0108 | PRI: 1.55_003 | PRL: 22100 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0


    Device 4: HTC Supersonic/PC36100 (EVO 4G) | Hardware Version: 0004
    Baseband: 2.15.00.01.15 | PRI: 2.33_003 | PRL: 40460 | Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.0
  6. #3306  
    KEB64's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback View Post
    Same steps. Instead of the last step, just reboot from custom recovery. It'll tell you your ROM isn't rooted and offer to root it for you.
    Thank you sir.
  7. #3307  
    KEB64's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

    mmm, yeah that did not work. Unlocked just fine then recovery install failed leaving me with no recovery. Then I fastbooted recovery installed and it told me I had no OS. Would not boot past the white HTC screen. Ended up using the RUU to get back in business. Unlock btw erases internal which I had forgotten did that. Too much time wasted. .4 works well enough for me. I'd like to see them make it official but if they don't that's okay too. My phone runs well.
  8. #3308  
    Captain_Throwback's Avatar

    Posts
    309 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    ROM
    chub-sac-Sense4.5/AnTHRaX

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by KEB64 View Post
    mmm, yeah that did not work. Unlocked just fine then recovery install failed leaving me with no recovery. Then I fastbooted recovery installed and it told me I had no OS. Would not boot past the white HTC screen. Ended up using the RUU to get back in business. Unlock btw erases internal which I had forgotten did that. Too much time wasted. .4 works well enough for me. I'd like to see them make it official but if they don't that's okay too. My phone runs well.
    Sounds like you used the wrong recovery.
    Device 1: HTC One (M8)/831C | Hardware Version: 0005
    Baseband: 1.08.20.0612_4 | PRI: 2.62_003 | PRL: 53136 | Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.7

    Device 2: HTC Jewel/PJ75100 (EVO 4G LTE) | Hardware Version: 0003
    Baseband: 1.13.11.1105 | PRI: 3.02_003 | PRL: 56018 | Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.2

    Device 3: HTC Shooter/PG86100 (EVO 3D) | Hardware Version: 0002
    Baseband: 1.09.00.0108 | PRI: 1.55_003 | PRL: 22100 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0


    Device 4: HTC Supersonic/PC36100 (EVO 4G) | Hardware Version: 0004
    Baseband: 2.15.00.01.15 | PRI: 2.33_003 | PRL: 40460 | Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.0
  9. #3309  
    KEB64's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

    First couple attempts were with Clockwork, that didn't seem to do anything. Then I used the latest TWRP. So yeah, probably mucked it up. Good guess! lol

    P.S. is there anyway to root without using recovery?
Page 133 of 133 FirstFirst ... 130131132133

Similar Threads

  1. Jelly bean ota - who got it?
    By mattatwar in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 234
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 09:11 PM
  2. Jelly Bean? Is it realistic.
    By Mungus9999 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 08:35 AM
  3. Jelly Bean coming next week?
    By acr456 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-17-2012, 01:51 PM
  4. Jelly bean coming Q4
    By matt0715 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 05:18 PM
  5. if its not jelly bean (4.1)
    By Irvgotti in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 10:06 PM

Posting Permissions