Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

stugots101

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Wow i hated this phone with passion this morning. Now its back to being my baby. Beats Audio actually sounds good this time! unlike the hollow EQ. No more lag issues. Really Polished. Now all we need is sprint to get fix their network and be atleast average. In Miami on i95 I got 19mbs down and 11mbs up. 45minutes North where I live i am scraping edge speeds.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site

One thing I don't like is that the Google Voice Typing microphone button on the default keyboard is now a long-press on the period key.

Can someone post a screenshot of the new stock keyboard? Is it better or worse after the update? (beyond the Google Voice moving to longpress period key)
Thx

Cherenkov

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

I don't think anyone's posted this yet:

My phone and SD card are both encrypted (required to access work email). I had to go in and re-mount my SD card. It worked perfectly fine after the fact, but I guess the OS upgrade unmounted it. Scared me when I tried to test the camera and it asked me to insert an SD card!

also, for what it's worth, my wifi appears to be working alright. At work at least.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site

When you get to your last home screen, it keeps on going

@cookie Lawyers from Eveready batteries for you on line 1...wait, they hung up. But, hold on, now I have Apple lawyers on line 2 since they thought they could sue for something.

dodgermspt

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Can someone post a screenshot of the new stock keyboard? Is it better or worse after the update? (beyond the Google Voice moving to longpress period key)
Thx

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355435424260.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355435424260.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 53

Cherenkov

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

Yikes. That wouldn't be good. Is your battery level just critically low due to the updating??

I'm seeing the same thing. Even with "stay awake" checked, it still goes to sleep. It doesn't turn off, but it doesn't stay on and dimmed like it used to. that is to say, it still goes to sleep.

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Can someone confirm that the update fixes the slow contacts issue?

So far with 2 google acounts, one EAS, Facebook, hotmail, and yahoo, contacts are speedy! I merged the contacts, have over 800 merged from multiple accounts.

But Foxfi is not working and now asks me to upgrade. I have 1.91.3 and that clearly doesn't work.

I am going to try Open Garden. Seems to be a good option.

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

To follow up on an earlier post, the Matte skin now uses green instead of blue for messaging color. The HTC skin uses blue, instead of green now. I believe the Aluminum skin also uses green.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

As of 11:55 am here in Honolulu hawaii no jb yet.
Should I try again after 12pm?

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Wow. Seemingly minor changes, but I really like the old kb better. They got rid of the drop kb key? And moved the colon up to the M key from the longpress period? Got rid of the longpress asterisk, too. That sucks.

And what is that settings key doing there??