Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

BigPuddin

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

The worst part of it is, even if they do acknowledge the contacts issue and they DO fix the issue, I still won't be able to make phone calls and send texts because of Sprint's terrible service. I need to remember how annoying this whole Evo LTE experience has been when my contract is up next time. I managed to forget how crippled my Evo 4G was and jumped on the Evo LTE because I was dying for a new phone. Complete stupidity on my part.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

When you refer to text and phone call issues, what exactly do you mean? I have zero problem doing both, and I have zero problem shooting out texts while I am on the phone. Is this a problem that only some people are experiencing?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

Most problems don't affect everybody. If I had to guess, I'd say that the current problems haven't been all that widespread. The forums here are a very limited survey area and it would explain why they've taken a while on the fix for those who do have it.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

My friend was having this problem with his contacts and he went in to his contacts and then his phone book and he checked to only have Google contacts checked and both Google and phone and it fixed the problem for him. Don't know if anyone tried that or not yet.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I would say it's very common issue on here, multiple threads dedicated to it and it keeps coming up in threads like these.

It certainly doesn't effect everyone but definitely seems to be the #1 problem with the EVO right now and there's been nothing from HTC to fix or even acknowledge the issue.

And also this started with the last HTC update so if they caused it they can fix it

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

My friend was having this problem with his contacts and he went in to his contacts and then his phone book and he checked to only have Google contacts checked and both Google and phone and it fixed the problem for him. Don't know if anyone tried that or not yet.

Hard resets, un syncing Facebook... No fixes so far

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I have no problems either! I think those that are having contact problems, have corrupt contacts!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

If we assume you are correct then they were corrupted by our EVO4GLTE, because of the last update. Nobody had this issue prior to the custom ring tone fix that was pushed out.

But given how many of us have deleted all of our contacts and re imported them, I find this highly unlikely. We just haven't identified the exact causative issue yet.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Hung out a a relatives house today (he works in marketing at sprint) and mentioned an update. His response : "oh you mean the jelly bean update". I didn't use the word jelly bean at all, but he brought those two words up all on his own. Whether this is that update or not( though I think it is) there is definitely a jb update In the pipeline

sieg6

May 9, 2012
Visit site

Last night I was on the phone with my friend who work at sprint . I forgot he worked there for customer support . He called me asking if I had gotten the update yet that was rolling out from the 15 . On his computer it shows the EVO LTE receiving Jelly bean from the 15-27 in small batches . After that everyone could hit the update to download .

unitedflow

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Last night I was on the phone with my friend who work at sprint . I forgot he worked there for customer support . He called me asking if I had gotten the update yet that was rolling out from the 15 . On his computer it shows the EVO LTE receiving Jelly bean from the 15-27 in small batches . After that everyone could hit the update to download .
That sounds like such a load of .

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

What we need is a person on the technical side inside sprint. I believe the document listing the update, but all these support people seem to have is the same info we do.

These people with sprint "connections" are saying that the sprint people are asking us if we have the update yet

sieg6

May 9, 2012
Visit site

Ok don't believe me . 3 people on this forum said about the same thing .also u should read it again . Did you notice that the date they put up 15+ would be available to "clients " . They are just releasing to small amount of people. There are a lot of people who does not know anything about forums that probably received the update

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci