Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 18 of 133 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 426 to 450 of 3309
Like Tree2031Likes
  1. #426  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by gpdaddy95 View Post
    So blast away at me
    And blast away I shall.

    I can't believe you have the audacity to question the decorum and general worthwhileness of this quaint transfer of knowledge. And furthermore... Ok I can't keep a straight face anymore.

    I have a few days off work so I've been enjoying all of the talk as well. I'm also very excited for improved usb audio support and improved contact pictures with jb. HTC's did a horrible job with contact pics in ICS imo

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    phanatic4ever likes this.
  2. #427  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Just a contacts fix, HTC. That's all I believe we need right now. Get on that please!

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    anachrion likes this.
  3. #428  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Frankly I don't care if we get JB. What I do care about is getting the 4G connectivity problem fixed, and I'm not sure that JB with Sprint's connectivity optimizer will fix the problem. I believe, as many of you do, that there is a problem with the Evo LTE phone. If HTC can fix the connectivity and other problems with an update, that update should have priority over us getting JB. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think these phones are fixable, and I don't think at this point Sprint will admit it to the extent that they will allow us to exchange our phones for other LTE phones that work. However, as more cities and customers come on line with LTE, there will be more complaints and more pressure on Sprint to take action. Although by that time our contracts will be up and we can either get a new phone that works or switch to Verizon or TMobile.
  4. #429  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverthornne View Post
    Just a contacts fix, HTC. That's all I believe we need right now. Get on that please!

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    ^
    anachrion likes this.
  5. #430  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Just my thoughts but if you all have noticed on the sprint communities forums the last 2 updates for our phone have been released on a Wednesday. So I think if it's coming before the end of the month we are either looking at today or next Wednesday before we see the update.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  6. #431  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverthornne View Post
    Just a contacts fix, HTC. That's all I believe we need right now. Get on that please!

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Not altogether true about everyone following this thread. Personally, I have a vested interest in resolving a Bluetooth compatibility issue. I'm very keen on the these developments. I bet there are an a sundry of others too.
  7. #432  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by John Matuszek View Post
    Just my thoughts but if you all have noticed on the sprint communities forums the last 2 updates for our phone have been released on a Wednesday. So I think if it's coming before the end of the month we are either looking at today or next Wednesday before we see the update.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Next Wednesday sounds like a viable date. It's odd they would talk about rolling out an update on a holiday week.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  8. #433  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    This is beyond unacceptable. I run a sole proprietorship (an independent computer repair company) and I have seen this phone degenerate beyond the point of usability. I hard reset a few weeks ago but now it's back, and worse than ever before, to boot.

    The mere fact that this has been happening for literally months with no fix is stunning for what is supposed to be a flagship device. HTC's QA is seriously pitiful. With this sort of service there is absolutely no way they will ever regain ground against their competitors. I know for one that I have since sworn off ANY future devices they manufacture. I owned many prior to this one, but at this point it is quite clear that their time has passed.

    Anyone who downplays the importance of this fix and the massive delay in producing it is delusional and is not thinking of those who live by their phone. Today's smartphones are meant to be an extension of ourselves, and in order to compete, they must be utterly reliable. HTC as a company has proven repeatedly that, for all their strengths, they simply cannot be trusted to deliver reliable products.

    Samsung it is for me... I just have to assemble a plan on how to make it there.

    /$. 02
    Thanked by 2:
    jhilker, dlocks and spencer311 like this.
  9. #434  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by othersteve View Post
    This is beyond unacceptable. I run a sole proprietorship (an independent computer repair company) and I have seen this phone degenerate beyond the point of usability. I hard reset a few weeks ago but now it's back, and worse than ever before, to boot.

    The mere fact that this has been happening for literally months with no fix is stunning for what is supposed to be a flagship device. HTC's QA is seriously pitiful. With this sort of service there is absolutely no way they will ever regain ground against their competitors. I know for one that I have since sworn off ANY future devices they manufacture. I owned many prior to this one, but at this point it is quite clear that their time has passed.

    Anyone who downplays the importance of this fix and the massive delay in producing it is delusional and is not thinking of those who live by their phone. Today's smartphones are meant to be an extension of ourselves, and in order to compete, they must be utterly reliable. HTC as a company has proven repeatedly that, for all their strengths, they simply cannot be trusted to deliver reliable products.

    Samsung it is for me... I just have to assemble a plan on how to make it there.

    /$. 02
    Wow,, you got a dud. Yeah I experienced the bug here and there that every phone in the world has or had but all in all this phone has been outstanding. Especially now that lte is screaming in my area.

    EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.
    Phoenix Rev and caryds like this.
  10. #435  
    jhilker's Avatar

    Posts
    331 Posts
    Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by othersteve View Post
    This is beyond unacceptable. I run a sole proprietorship (an independent computer repair company) and I have seen this phone degenerate beyond the point of usability. I hard reset a few weeks ago but now it's back, and worse than ever before, to boot.

    The mere fact that this has been happening for literally months with no fix is stunning for what is supposed to be a flagship device. HTC's QA is seriously pitiful. With this sort of service there is absolutely no way they will ever regain ground against their competitors. I know for one that I have since sworn off ANY future devices they manufacture. I owned many prior to this one, but at this point it is quite clear that their time has passed.

    Anyone who downplays the importance of this fix and the massive delay in producing it is delusional and is not thinking of those who live by their phone. Today's smartphones are meant to be an extension of ourselves, and in order to compete, they must be utterly reliable. HTC as a company has proven repeatedly that, for all their strengths, they simply cannot be trusted to deliver reliable products.

    Samsung it is for me... I just have to assemble a plan on how to make it there.

    /$. 02
    I've got to agree with this. I believe I'll be looking for a Samsung for my next device as well....

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100
    Thanked by:
  11. #436  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    HTC, I will be hungry for desserts after Thanksgiving!

    Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums
    spencer311 and R1der2002 like this.
  12. #437  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    It's certainly been very hard to be an HTC fan over the past few years. My wife and I had their Evo Shift 4G, a phone with a tiny amount of onboard storage (384MB!) and terrible sense issues. I upgraded to the EVO 4G LTE, and it is certainly a better phone. So far the only real issues I have with it are that it kills apps far too aggressively (especially swapping networks, something the Shift did as well. If I'm driving into work and my phone sees the wifi there, my music suddenly stops as it kills my music app to try and connect to the wifi). But other than that and notification errors with the onboard mail app (for which there are plenty of replacements) I really haven't had a problem with it. I'd like JB, but if you're really getting obsessed over it, just use CM10. I swore I'd never get another Samsung phone after what happened with the Captivate (bought it 2 months before the alleged GB upgrade was supposed to occur, didn't get GB for more than a year later!).

    I think as others have said, if you really want to be current, you have to get a Nexus.
    Thanked by:
    icenija and NastyNeil like this.
  13. #438  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by Cherenkov View Post
    I think as others have said, if you really want to be current, you have to get a Nexus.
    Please tell me how I can get a Nexus with up to date specs on Sprint.
  14. #439  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by thepowerofdonuts View Post
    Please tell me how I can get a Nexus with up to date specs on Sprint.
    Galaxy nexus has good specs and jellybean for a few months now. I mess around with my wife's nexus and it is still top notch.

    EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.
  15. #440  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    This needs to be legit! I want JB

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  16. #441  

    Default Re: It's coming jelly bean!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilmer23kane View Post
    Please let this be real!
    Well we already know the client initiated date came and went without any clients seeing an update... So you can debate this being "real" all day long but certainly not accurate

    (Not calling this a hoax or blaming the op, I'm going with sprint and or htc being inept)
  17. #442  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilmer23kane View Post
    What are the pictures? I can't see them.


    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  18. #443  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Galaxy nexus has good specs and jellybean for a few months now. I mess around with my wife's nexus and it is still top notch.

    EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    Galaxy Nexus specs are a year behind even the Evo 4G LTE. Not to mention now there are phones with the S4 Pro.
  19. #444  
    willistheyounger's Avatar

    Posts
    274 Posts
    Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by thepowerofdonuts View Post
    Please tell me how I can get a Nexus with up to date specs on Sprint.
    go to settings>apps>all>scroll down to google framework then clear cache then go and update to jelly bean

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  20. #445  
    spencer311's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    ROM
    CM10

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by willistheyounger View Post
    go to settings>apps>all>scroll down to google framework then clear cache then go and update to jelly bean


    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Are you telling me that you are the only person online who has gotten the JB update?
  21. #446  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Man i wish this screenshot, leak, hoax or whatever would of never came out, I have been checking my phone religiously by habit just in anticipation.....it's killing me aaaawwwwww!!!!!!
    balansboy and DJWetWipes like this.
  22. #447  
    gpdaddy95's Avatar

    Posts
    146 Posts
    ROM
    Stock on both for now.

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Well, it's the 23rd and no one has the update. I'm guessing since AC hasn't dropped a story about it yet and since no one has actually downloaded it, that we've been punk'd. Granted, there's still a chance that we could get an update, but since the One series hasn't seen anything (and they were announced long ago) I don't expect to see anything anytime soon. Yup, I'm pretty sure that on the 27th, this thread is going to be alive with complaints about SPRINT, HTC and Android.

    So if you've got a phone with issues, take it back to the Sprint store and tell them to fix it or replace it with another phone. If you're like me and have a phone that works just fine, give it a rest and laugh along with the guy that started this whole scam. They got us good!
  23. #448  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Well my phone did something last night but I'm not sure what yet. When I woke up it was asking for my password for encryption and has been sitting on that screen ever since (way longer than a restart). So either I got updated (without ever accepting anything) or bricked. And it said it was 1:18pm when I woke up and now at least a half hour later it says 1:22pm

    Something fishy is a foot, more developments to come
  24. #449  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by gpdaddy95 View Post
    Yup, I'm pretty sure that on the 27th, this thread is going to be alive with complaints about SPRINT, HTC and Android.
    Have you read the entire thread? This thread is already lit up with people upset with HTC and Sprint swearing they're never going to buy another phone from Sprint or HTC. All over this stupid thread!

    Rumors and leaks are so part of the smartphone scene now that people don't wanna believe that they can't be true. They would rather swear their allegiance to getting rid of their phone and their carrier instead of believing that something might not be true that they read on the internet.
    Thanked by:
    Phoenix Rev and krishna1731 like this.
  25. #450  
    tony404's Avatar

    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts

    Default Re: It's coming jelly bean!

    rather than jelly bean I would rather have a phone that had a signal in major parts of atl like parts of buckhead and dunwoody.
Page 18 of 133 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jelly bean ota - who got it?
    By mattatwar in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 234
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 09:11 PM
  2. Jelly Bean? Is it realistic.
    By Mungus9999 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 08:35 AM
  3. Jelly Bean coming next week?
    By acr456 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-17-2012, 01:51 PM
  4. Jelly bean coming Q4
    By matt0715 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 05:18 PM
  5. if its not jelly bean (4.1)
    By Irvgotti in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 10:06 PM

Posting Permissions