Page 19 of 133 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 475 of 3309
Like Tree2031Likes
  1. #451  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    I think more people are upset that neither HTC or Sprint has come out to deny or approve this leak more than anything. All it would have taken was about an hour or less worth of time from each company to get the facts straight, type up an official press response, and post it for all to see. The fact that there are conflicting answers from both companies confirming and denying the update has only made things worse.
  2. #452  
    HawaiiD's Avatar

    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Have you read the entire thread? This thread is already lit up with people upset with HTC and Sprint swearing they're never going to buy another phone from Sprint or HTC. All over this stupid thread!

    Rumors and leaks are so part of the smartphone scene now that people don't wanna believe that they can't be true. They would rather swear their allegiance to getting rid of their phone and their carrier instead of believing that something might not be true that they read on the internet.
    True, I was on the fence leaning towards getting the EVO 4G LTE.
    However, after this debacle?
    Heck even T-Mobile with their
    Version of unlimited data plan looks mighty attractive.
    My sisters s3 pulls down 15-18MB
    And 4-6MB up. That also penetrates
    Buildings much better than my sprint signal.
    And it is not even LTE.
    I have been out of contract since
    April, I have been with Sprint/Nextel since01.
    I am tired getting only 500kb 3g.
    With no mention of LTE coverage in Honolulu anytime soon.
    The only thing really that's keeping me at sprint is my 26% discount,
    And my 134.00 bill for 2 lines unlimited data monthly.
    But... This might just be
    The straw that broke the
    Camels back for me?
    Sent from my Coconut Wireless
  3. #453  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by Andras View Post
    I think more people are upset that neither HTC or Sprint has come out to deny or approve this leak more than anything. All it would have taken was about an hour or less worth of time from each company to get the facts straight, type up an official press response, and post it for all to see. The fact that there are conflicting answers from both companies confirming and denying the update has only made things worse.
    To what end? There are rumors about phones and software upgrades and firmware upgrades and on and on and on on a daily basis. Sprint, HTC and every other carrier or manufacturer would be holding a non-stop press conference addressing rumors.

    As for people getting upset, I can only offer my pity. It is a software upgrade, not a death in the family.

    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiD View Post
    True, I was on the fence leaning towards getting the EVO 4G LTE.
    However, after this debacle?
    Debacle? What debacle?

    Some person on an internet forum posts a rumor, people wet their delicate panties hoping to God it's true, AC has no confirmation and doesn't post yet another rumor on their front page (thank God), people throw speculation as to when the date may be, and because some maybe/sort of/kind of/perhaps/might or might not happen software upgrade doesn't happen at the earliest of the dates thrown out like raw meat to the lions by someone who may or may not have correct information, suddenly, this is a huge "debacle."

    On the debacle scale of 1 to 10, this is about a -276.
    Thanked by:
  4. #454  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Rev View Post
    To what end? There are rumors about phones and software upgrades and firmware upgrades and on and on and on on a daily basis. Sprint, HTC and every other carrier or manufacturer would be holding a non-stop press conference addressing rumors.

    As for people getting upset, I can only offer my pity. It is a software upgrade, not a death in the family.



    Debacle? What debacle?

    Some person on an internet forum posts a rumor, people wet their delicate panties hoping to God it's true, AC has no confirmation and doesn't post yet another rumor on their front page (thank God), people throw speculation as to when the date may be, and because some maybe/sort of/kind of/perhaps/might or might not happen software upgrade doesn't happen at the earliest of the dates thrown out like raw meat to the lions by someone who may or may not have correct information, suddenly, this is a huge "debacle."

    On the debacle scale of 1 to 10, this is about a -276.
    You're not acknowledging the fact that sprint reps have been telling customers that the JELLY BEAN update is already rolling out. There has also been a tweet by sprint saying that the update is rolling out. So we're not talking about a rumor from a single person. People are justified in their frustration
    Thanked by:
    unitedflow and So Cold like this.
  5. #455  
    spencer311's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    ROM
    CM10

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Rev View Post
    To what end? There are rumors about phones and software upgrades and firmware upgrades and on and on and on on a daily basis. Sprint, HTC and every other carrier or manufacturer would be holding a non-stop press conference addressing rumors.

    As for people getting upset, I can only offer my pity. It is a software upgrade, not a death in the family.



    .
    Ok are you saying you haven't read the rest of the posts? Its not about the update... Its about the fact that most of us have had these issues all along and we haven't had an update since august. They need to fix these issues with some kind of update. Why do people keep posting this same stuff? I don't get it. Nobody wants your pity they just want a phone that works. good lord...
  6. #456  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by smkyle View Post
    You're not acknowledging the fact that sprint reps have been telling customers that the JELLY BEAN update is already rolling out. There has also been a tweet by sprint saying that the update is rolling out. So we're not talking about a rumor from a single person. People are justified in their frustration
    All reps are notorious for not having this kind of information. As to the sprint cares tweets, who know who is in charge of sending those. Are those even "official" sprint communications?

    @sprintcares appears to be nothing more than regular reps, so we shouldn't expect anything more "official" from them than we would from a rep over the phone or online.
    Last edited by Mikey47; 11-23-2012 at 12:34 PM.
    Thanked by:
  7. #457  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by spencer311 View Post
    Ok are you saying you haven't read the rest of the posts? Its not about the update... Its about the fact that most of us have had these issues all along and we haven't had an update since august. They need to fix these issues with some kind of update. Why do people keep posting this same stuff? I don't get it. Nobody wants your pity they just want a phone that works. good lord...
    Since august? You have to be kidding!

    This issue has been present for awhile so when not fixed in last OTA you expect them to be able to pump out yet another MR between then and now knowing they also are likely spending time on getting JB ready?..... Sorry but that's not logical at all. They can't just whip them up instantly ya know. There is a TON of work that goes into getting even a simple MR ready to deploy.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  8. #458  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by smkyle View Post
    You're not acknowledging the fact that sprint reps have been telling customers that the JELLY BEAN update is already rolling out. There has also been a tweet by sprint saying that the update is rolling out. So we're not talking about a rumor from a single person. People are justified in their frustration
    For every rep that said it was rolling there are 5 saying the opposite... Same for the tweets...

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Mikey47 likes this.
  9. #459  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    All reps are notorious for not having this kind of information. As to the sprint cares tweets, who know who is in charge of sending those. Are those even "official" sprint communications?

    @sprintcares appears to be nothing more than regular reps, so we shouldn't expect anything more "official" from them than we would from a rep over the phone or online.
    Exactly!

    Hence you can see 10 diff responses to the same question within the same hour there...

    They should be getting more in sync though as I notified my advocate contact to relay the message wtf they were saying on there. They in turn notified the manager of the group that does the Twitter account....


    In the end it is coming...just no one knows when. Which is no different than before. So if someone can't take the issues they have with the phone, go exchange it already.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  10. #460  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by sgt. slaughter View Post
    Since august? You have to be kidding!

    This issue has been present for awhile so when not fixed in last OTA you expect them to be able to pump out yet another MR between then and now knowing they also are likely spending time on getting JB ready?..... Sorry but that's not logical at all. They can't just whip them up instantly ya know. There is a TON of work that goes into getting even a simple MR ready to deploy.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Expecting a small update that adds 0 new features or functionality and fixes some very major known issues is not unreasonable. It's ridiculous to make excuses for HTC and say that can't "whip them up instantly"...Seriously? These issues started with the last update and have been around for months. I get the business reasons why, but when I buy a top of the line premium flagship device and then it takes an act of god (dramatic enough?) to get an update out of HTC but they have time to keep coming out with new phones I can't help but be a little angry.
  11. #461  

    Default Re: It's coming jelly bean!

    Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    Well we already know the client initiated date came and went without any clients seeing an update... So you can debate this being "real" all day long but certainly not accurate

    (Not calling this a hoax or blaming the op, I'm going with sprint and or htc being inept)
    I left the phone in a "broke" state to take it to the store and see if they could do anything for me. But after dealing with a million people at best buy and not getting anything out of them I did a reset and everything seems to be back to it's glitchy, buggy, disappearing apps self. Come on Update!
  12. #462  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    Expecting a small update that adds 0 new features or functionality and fixes some very major known issues is not unreasonable. It's ridiculous to make excuses for HTC and say that can't "whip them up instantly"...Seriously? These issues started with the last update and have been around for months. I get the business reasons why, but when I buy a top of the line premium flagship device and then it takes an act of god (dramatic enough?) to get an update out of HTC but they have time to keep coming out with new phones I can't help but be a little angry.
    Makes complete sense. But you have to realize your point of view is that of someone who just bought a phone. If you were someone who bought a phone 18 months ago you would have the complete opposite point of view (" why the heck are they wasting time on updates to phones instead of spending time on the new phone I want").. They have to do their best to please everyone.

    I would LOVE to see a story on AC about how manufacturer and their software developers handle this task (working on MRs vs Android releases vs their own skins). Could be some really interesting reading.
  13. #463  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Makes complete sense. But you have to realize your point of view is that of someone who just bought a phone. If you were someone who bought a phone 18 months ago you would have the complete opposite point of view (" why the heck are they wasting time on updates to phones instead of spending time on the new phone I want").. They have to do their best to please everyone.

    I would LOVE to see a story on AC about how manufacturer and their software developers handle this task (working on MRs vs Android releases vs their own skins). Could be some really interesting reading.
    Since I got the evo on launch day I've had one as long as anyone and I would expect for at least the first year that you would be able to get updates. I'm not talking about getting JB day 1. I'm talking fixes for major problems. We should be the ones getting angry at older phones getting updates, not on the other side of the fence.

    If we do get JB this month that will be impressive but it doesn't erase the fact that we've been dealing with some major issues for months now with no help from HTC
  14. #464  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    Expecting a small update that adds 0 new features or functionality and fixes some very major known issues is not unreasonable. It's ridiculous to make excuses for HTC and say that can't "whip them up instantly"...Seriously? These issues started with the last update and have been around for months. I get the business reasons why, but when I buy a top of the line premium flagship device and then it takes an act of god (dramatic enough?) to get an update out of HTC but they have time to keep coming out with new phones I can't help but be a little angry.
    One must understand what it takes to compile and fix said bugs then ready the update to be tested and then roll out.

    That whole process takes a ton of time.

    If it were easy to fix then it would of been by now.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  15. #465  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    Since I got the evo on launch day I've had one as long as anyone and I would expect for at least the first year that you would be able to get updates. I'm not talking about getting JB day 1. I'm talking fixes for major problems. We should be the ones getting angry at older phones getting updates, not on the other side of the fence.

    If we do get JB this month that will be impressive but it doesn't erase the fact that we've been dealing with some major issues for months now with no help from HTC
    But we have two updates already! Yes, the last one introduced a problem. But what would you rather have an update the fixes something or one that is hurried and breaks something else.

    That is exactly what happened with the last fix, they rushed it out and there were problems. Hopefully they are taking their time to get it right this time.
  16. #466  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by sgt. slaughter View Post
    One must understand what it takes to compile and fix said bugs then ready the update to be tested and then roll out.

    That whole process takes a ton of time.

    If it were easy to fix then it would of been by now.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    I write software for machines for a living (not phones or anything very closely related). I'm not the expert but I do know a thing or two about software updates. And if rolling out a fix, not a brand new update, but just a fix, if that takes "a ton of time" then you really don't have your act together.

    It looks like they decided to skip this update and just go forward with jb. I would have rather seen a fix a month after the issue started than an android update a few months later but I understand people are pretty split on this

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  17. #467  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    I write software for machines for a living (not phones or anything very closely related). I'm not the expert but I do know a thing or two about software updates. And if rolling out a fix, not a brand new update, but just a fix, if that takes "a ton of time" then you really don't have your act together.

    It looks like they decided to skip this update and just go forward with jb. I would have rather seen a fix a month after the issue started than an android update a few months later but I understand people are pretty split on this

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    What issue was introduced in the last update?

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  18. #468  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    I write software for machines for a living (not phones or anything very closely related). I'm not the expert but I do know a thing or two about software updates. And if rolling out a fix, not a brand new update, but just a fix, if that takes "a ton of time" then you really don't have your act together.

    It looks like they decided to skip this update and just go forward with jb. I would have rather seen a fix a month after the issue started than an android update a few months later but I understand people are pretty split on this

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    I write software for a living too. Most often it isn't writing the fix that takes the most amount of time, but identifying what needs to be fixed.

    Also, another big issue is prioritizing developers time. To think that there is a group of developers per device is most likely not the case. Our devices are not the only ones that HTC has out in the wild, there are many out there and many in development.

    The last thing we want them to do us rush a fix that breaks even more things than it fixes.

    We also need to take into account what role sprint plys in this. We don't know how fixes get from a software developer's development environment to our phones. HTC might have a fix sitting in Sprint's in box waiting to be tested and approved.
  19. #469  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by sgt. slaughter View Post
    What issue was introduced in the last update?

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Contacts lag

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  20. #470  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    Contacts lag

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Describe more. Just going into the phone app and scrolling or what?.... Or is this the issue with when you have facebook contacts added in too.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  21. #471  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by sgt. slaughter View Post
    Describe more. Just going into the phone app and scrolling or what?.... Or is this the issue with when you have facebook contacts added in too.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Here are some of the dedicated threads I could find quick (people enjoy starting multiple threads for the same issue)
    And if you just read this one or any of the half dozen jb update threads you can read all about it

    Are you having contacts related issues?
    Opening a text is very slow at times, so is messages folder itself
    Phone REALLY SLOW to access contacts/phone history
    Is anyone having issues with their text messaging app after the update?
    What has changed to cause issues?
    Thanked by:
    Mikey47 likes this.
  22. #472  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Wow crazy randomness there it seems issue wise... So with that said, expecting a fix from HTC should be very low considering the amount of randomness that issue pops up and even the people it affects. If it were constant then it would be easy to narrow down and fix. But its not.

    I personally haven't had it lag ever. I have had issue with txt msg sitting in pending till I reset the phone then it fully sends, but I haven't taken the time to remove handcent to see if that is causing conflict with stock app as it happens on both to me.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  23. #473  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    In all honesty I'd be surprised if the EVO 4GLTE got JB before the next EVO comes out. I have noticed that most updates of this type don't occur this soon. I also remember in one of the past Android Central Podcast (Jerry or Phil I think) stating that JB has issues with SD cards and till that was fixed there won't be any updates available to those phones. Its been a while and I might have remembered this wrong. Heck I gave my friend my EVO 3D and when he took it to be activated in AUG they updated it to ICS for him and that phone works great on ICS. I like that the EVO 4GLTE works so great for me, but I'll welcome JB when it comes if its that smooth.
  24. #474  
    gpdaddy95's Avatar

    Posts
    143 Posts
    ROM
    Stock on both for now.

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Buckhead & Dunwoody sound like scenes from a porno.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    There's always time to do it right the second time.

    Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Nexus 7 (2012)

    Retired
    HTC EVO 4G LTE
    HTC EVO 4G (Original)
  25. #475  
    gpdaddy95's Avatar

    Posts
    143 Posts
    ROM
    Stock on both for now.

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    However I'm not discounting the fact that Sprint reps are really just Radio Shack rejects that may or may not know what the hell is going on in their company. There's got to be a reason Sprint hasn't outsourced customer service to India.....I think it's because they get REALLY cheap help.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    There's always time to do it right the second time.

    Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Nexus 7 (2012)

    Retired
    HTC EVO 4G LTE
    HTC EVO 4G (Original)
Page 19 of 133 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jelly bean ota - who got it?
    By mattatwar in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 234
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 09:11 PM
  2. Jelly Bean? Is it realistic.
    By Mungus9999 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 08:35 AM
  3. Jelly Bean coming next week?
    By acr456 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-17-2012, 01:51 PM
  4. Jelly bean coming Q4
    By matt0715 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 05:18 PM
  5. if its not jelly bean (4.1)
    By Irvgotti in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 10:06 PM

Posting Permissions

B