Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 133 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree2031Likes

Default Re: It's coming jelly bean!

Seems plausible enough. I guess we'll know tomorrow.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Looks like it's like a performance update and not Jelly Bean. In fact I see nothing there to indicate Jelly Bean so might want to fix the thread title.

If it fixes the contacts issue and still gives us this level of multi-tasking or better I'm perfectly fine with sticking with ICS for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    Looks like it's like a performance update and not Jelly Bean. In fact I see nothing there to indicate Jelly Bean so might want to fix the thread title.

If it fixes the contacts issue and still gives us this level of multi-tasking or better I'm perfectly fine with sticking with ICS for the foreseeable future.
    Might want to rephrase your wording. There's nothing that proves JB will roll out soon but, while the wording could be much better, it does imply so. There's quite a lot to indicate that it is JB, like where it says "Android 4.1 Jelly Bean" and where the Android full of Jelly Beans behind the EvoLTE.

crxssi and balansboy like this.

I have been it contact with HTC tech support via e-mail over the last couple of days regarding LTE connection issues.
    The last e-mail I got was last night and she told that me the next update would include a fix for the LTE connection issues.
    She told me the update would be very soon but did not specify when.
    So I hope all this is true and we will all be happy campers tomorrow.
    crxssi likes this.

I'm going by the second post that actually lists the enhancements contained in the update. There's no mention of Andoid 4.1 or any Jelly Bean features.

I'm going by the second post that actually lists the enhancements contained in the update. There's no mention of Andoid 4.1 or any Jelly Bean features.
    It doesn't say Jelly Bean anywhere but it is the same update that was listed with JB in the first one and it does have the Jelly Bean Android over to the right.

ROM
    Sprint Stock

I guess the HUGE Jelly Bean Android over the on the right doesn't indicate much of anything. :rollseyes:
    crxssi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eXplicit815 View Post
    I guess the HUGE Jelly Bean Android over the on the right doesn't indicate much of anything. :rollseyes:
    I'm going to trust written words over someone choosing a random graphic.

Quote Originally Posted by dlocks View Post
    I have been it contact with HTC tech support via e-mail over the last couple of days regarding LTE connection issues.
    The last e-mail I got was last night and she told that the next update would include a fix for the LTE connection issues.
    Now THAT'S good news! It'll be better news once we can verify that it definitely fixes the issue.

ROM
    Sprint Stock

Why trust any of it at all? It's a picture of some information. I could type that same thing up in just a few minutes and take a picture with my phone and post it. The fact is, there's more to believe that it means Jelly Bean (especially the version number at the top).

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    Ok I got some info on the jb update with sprint.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    Pretty sure the first pic in the thread says Jelly Bean and that's where all this craziness started....

(I thought I would get the pic when I quoted...oh well)

Jelly bean or no jelly bean I just want all these problems in this update to be fixed, my contacts, my phone dialing out when it feels like it and so much other ....
    Darth Mo likes this.

Why trust any of it at all? It's a picture of some information. I could type that same thing up in just a few minutes and take a picture with my phone and post it. The fact is, there's more to believe that it means Jelly Bean (especially the version number at the top).
    Well I only speak for myself here, but I'm not necessarily trusting it. It could be real, could be fake. Either way there's no reason not to analyze it while we wait for proof.

Thanked by:

Looks legit based on the verbiage and the 2 week rollout period. We'll find out tomorrow. Weird that ATT Hox hasn't had any leaks though....

ROM
    Sprint Stock

That's the best thing. The uproar from the AT&T One X camp will be glorious to hear from the Sprint EVO side.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Call me an optimist, but I tend to think it's legit. Hopefully it fixes all my stupid text and contact issues.

Quote Originally Posted by heyyu View Post
    Call me an optimist, but I tend to think it's legit. Hopefully it fixes all my stupid text and contact issues.
    I got rid of the contact issues with unsycing facebook contacts, google voice keeps crash/hanging up though. I'm not sure if that's on htc or google's side though.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the best thing. The uproar from the AT&T One X camp will be glorious to hear from the Sprint EVO side.
    Probably a lot more HOX's out there than EVO LTE's. lolol

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gameaddict8 View Post
    I got rid of the contact issues with unsycing facebook contacts, google voice keeps crash/hanging up though. I'm not sure if that's on htc or google's side though.
    I did a hard reset on my phone and didn't sync Facebook contacts. Was fine for a week. Now the problem's back again.

The last e-mail I got was last night and she told that me the next update would include a fix for the LTE connection issues.
    I just received another e-mail from HTC suggesting that I manually check for software updates.
    I did check but nothing available right now.

My question is... are they hinting that an update will be available soon??
    Maybe.. its tomorrow

I just received another e-mail from HTC suggesting that I manually check for software updates.
    I did check but nothing available right now.

My question is... are they hinting that an update will be available soon??
    Maybe.. its tomorrow
    Taiwan has a 8 hour time difference from PST. So start checking tonight

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Well I'll check after 12pm Pacific time.

Banned

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Hope it's legit! Just checked at 9:45 pm EST, nothing yet!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Please be true ill check tomorrow morning would be great to get it before the HOX

So can anyone catch me up on what the contacts/messages issues are? I've been rolling with MeanROM for a while now so I'm out of the loop.

I so hope this is true Ill keep trying to update my phone. it seems like sprint forgot about the EVO and pushed the Sam gs3 as there main focus sense its selling so well

Page 2 of 133 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast