Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 22 of 133 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree2031Likes

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Quote Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
    That must be some good eggnog you must be drinking, look at the 3rd post in this thread and its the same screen shot.
    holy crap. haha...thanks. just now seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by jlo8720 View Post
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/att...2902515967.jpg

+
    ~350k

that is a lot of EVO LTEs.

"network initiated" should have started today (11/26)
    Totally beside the point here. The progressive rollout is for push notifications in the network initiated part. The FIRST part of the rollout is client initiated which is the user manually checking for update and pulling it themselves... Till this part happens there is no update, its not limited by serial/imei or whatever during the client initiated part.

Some reason people forget how this process works in reality here....not saying you yourself do, but others here are claiming some things that are not true in terms of how rollouts work.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

On a lighter note, just received a "Sprint Zone" update notification. Updated..and getting message that "update is corrupt, can't open Sprint Zone, try again later"... Glad I don't use it....

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Yep AP just posted it on twitter there is still hope

Hello. Just wanted to say hi. I've been reading this thread for a while now. I hope we get JB in the near future.

I decided I won't worry about JB anymore until I hear something official from sprint or htc, but I still keep hitting "check now"
    Thanked by:

Finally got tired with the launcher lag and threw nova launcher on here. So smooth and I still have the sense camera app. Seriously considering jumping back to cm10.

Sent from my EVO

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

since we have not heard anything official from Sprint/HTC about the JB update I just want to throw a question out there: would you guys rather receive JB 4.1.X (hopefully) this week or have HTC/Sprint announce JB 4.2.X with an expected date?

Quote Originally Posted by zakphi View Post
    since we have not heard anything official from Sprint/HTC about the JB update I just want to throw a question out there: would you guys rather receive JB 4.1.X (hopefully) this week or have HTC/Sprint announce JB 4.2.X with an expected date?
    Would be happy with 4.12 by the end of the month.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Ics fix this week that addresses contact and network issues and 4.2 in January.

But I'll take a non buggy 4.1 this week too

DJWetWipes likes this.

At this point I'll go back to Gingerbread for a fix for the contacts issue.

The holiday weekend was not fun with a busted contacts app.
    Banned

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

I always like to get updates, but this phone already works perfectly for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Cattails_r_Edible View Post
    I always like to get updates, but this phone already works perfectly for me!

Me too! I'm floored by all the reported problems on here with this phone. It works absolutely flawlessly for me, exactly as I had hoped for, and I put it through it's paces.... Update or not. I'm good.
    houstonwino likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    At this point I'll go back to Gingerbread for a fix for the contacts issue.

The holiday weekend was not fun with a busted contacts app.
    *this - it takes me 2-3 minutes for contacts to unfreeze and a regular phone call to go through. I'm using this EVO LTE as a business phone...diaster!

So I sent HTC and email about the bugs in the phone and the lack of communication with the update and this is what they said....

Thank you for contacting us. Kevin, we understand how important it is to have your HTC device updated.
    We are open to receive all the feedback you can provide us; we sincerely appreciate it, our customers voice is the most important part of HTC, and we always put the customer at the center of our business.

We are excited about the latest update for Android, Jelly Bean, and are currently reviewing its features and functionality to determine upgrade plans for our product portfolio. While our goal is to bring the latest software updates to as many of our recent devices as possible, we are committed to maintaining every phone's performance and usability first. Please stay tuned for updates on specific device upgrade plans.

We will make sure to take your advice in practice for the updates we will release

If you need further assistance please reply this message. As always it was my pleasure to assist you.

So then I replied and said that wasnt the answer I wanted lol and they said...

Thank you for taking the time to share that information with us. Kevin, I am sorry for not to be able to provide you an straight answer about the update, as it is still under development, we have not decided if it will be available for your phone or not.

Not Happy!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil21kev View Post
    we are committed to maintaining every phone's performance and usability first.
    My a$$!

Don't read to much into the pre canned answers though, jelly bean could be rolling out tomorrow and you would still get the same cut and paste answer

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrhankey184 View Post
    *this - it takes me 2-3 minutes for contacts to unfreeze and a regular phone call to go through. I'm using this EVO LTE as a business phone...diaster!
    I had that problem too. Ticked me off. So I restarted the phone, and contacts came up instantly. Now, I just restart the phone as soon as I take it off the charger every morning, and I have no problems during the day. SHOULD WE HAVE TO DO THIS? Maybe not. Is it a minimal effort fix that can get me to liking my phone again rather than hating it? Yep. No big deal.

Global Posts
    539 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by w5cyc View Post
    I had that problem too. Ticked me off. So I restarted the phone, and contacts came up instantly. Now, I just restart the phone as soon as I take it off the charger every morning, and I have no problems during the day. SHOULD WE HAVE TO DO THIS? Maybe not. Is it a minimal effort fix that can get me to liking my phone again rather than hating it? Yep. No big deal.
    I've also found that if I find messaging or the People app lagging, I can go into Task Manager, close out a few apps, and it'll work fine. A hassle? Yes, but at least a fairly quick fix, but without restarting.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100

Quote Originally Posted by w5cyc View Post
    My phone is encrypted so there's that little fun with every restart, plus my apps don't always show up (there's another thread for that) so I try to minimize my reboots and that's not a viable option for me but I'm glad if it helps you out until we get a real fix

Global Posts
    539 Global Posts

Well, this is priceless. I had a ticket opened with HTC, and after several attempts to get me updated, sent me a request for a number of items regarding my phone, and perhaps a few questions about shoe size.

After finally sending them all this, I just got this response:

"Thank you for all the additional information John. We have already started developing an update for your phone. Once available, it will be delivered to your phone through an over-the-air (OTA ) process and you should receive a notification indicating the update is available for download. We appreciate your patience as we've worked to quickly address this issue. Unfortunately I do not have an exact ETA to provide you today, I would suggest to periodically check for available updates. Remember you will receive direct notification of any updates and maintenance releases once they are available for download and installation."

Doh!

Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100

Quote Originally Posted by hilker09 View Post
    I've also found that if I find messaging or the People app lagging, I can go into Task Manager, close out a few apps, and it'll work fine. A hassle? Yes, but at least a fairly quick fix, but without restarting.

That's especially irritating because you always see random stuff in there. I'll see apps in there that I haven't used in days, and sometimes pre-installed stuff that I have never used. Also, there is always at least 150 MB ram free, yet clearing out 20-30 MB of tasks running makes it start working again. It makes no sense.

It feels like I'm running Windows 98 on my phone.

ROM
    Stock on both for now.

Default Re: It's coming jelly bean!

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    Seems like HTC is on the ball boys and girls. Flagship phone....
    Well, it's the 27th. My HTC EVO 4G LaTE is up to date. NO 3.15.651.11 on my phone. HOAX! HOAX! HOAX! Merry Christmas from the fine folks at HTC and Sprint.

Sprint Zone update, that's what I got this morning LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by hilker09 View Post
    We appreciate your patience as we've worked to quickly address this issue.
    Quickly? As in a glacier moves quickly...a sloth moves quickly...a Yaris goes quickly down the road...etc.
    bc2k likes this.
Page 22 of 133 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425 ... LastLast