Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 25 of 133 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree2031Likes

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Isn't that so F***ING typical... God D**N Apple again. First their phones ruin the 3G network. Then they sue the crap out of everyone, making huge messes everywhere and delaying development. Then they delay our ability to get the Evo LTE at all with an UNNECESSARY import ban. And now they are delaying our Jellybean update. I think I want to barf.

I don't want to barf, but I am going to buy ammo.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    From the world's most fabulous Crack-Droid!

anyone keeping an eye on @sprintcare (or whatever it is called?)

I would expect their twitter to go ablaze as soon as its official (possibly with a corresponding press release)

Quote Originally Posted by jlo8720 View Post
    anyone keeping an eye on @sprintcare (or whatever it is called?)

I would expect their twitter to go ablaze as soon as its official (possibly with a corresponding press release)

Looks like they've stopped responding to ppl who are asking about the update. There are a few that have asked today and have been unanswered.
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'
    Thanked by:

What the heck is Jelly roll?
    Thanked by 2:

Its that part just above my belt just below my belly button

What's the Twitter handle for Sprint support I would like to read and follow.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jahiamir View Post
    What's the Twitter handle for Sprint support I would like to read and follow.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums
    https://twitter.com/sprintcare/with_replies
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Sprint Stock

They never responded back to me yesterday, either. I think they've either realized they can't keep a straight story, or they're just tired of answering the same questions.

I can't find your post what did you ask

ROM
    Sprint Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jahiamir View Post
    I can't find your post what did you ask

@sprintcare What's going on with the Jelly Bean update for the EVO 4G LTE? Will we see 3.15.651.11 soon?
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by eXplicit815 View Post
    They never responded back to me yesterday, either. I think they've either realized they can't keep a straight story, or they're just tired of answering the same questions.
    They're probably forbidden to respond on it after receiving thousands of calls to their call center of people asking about it.
    jahiamir likes this.

Well it's Wednesday the 28th still no jb . Oh what a shock
    jahiamir likes this.

for the most part my EVO LTE works pretty good... I don't have hardware or software problems with the actual phone.. It works great, battery life is great.. The problem I have is with signal (which is probably a software/hardware issue) when I am on Wi-Fi I have no issues at all but my wife has the Galaxy Nexus and we can be standing side by side and her phone is twice as fast on 3G and picks up a 4G signal in spots I get no 4G on my EVO..... I know the Galaxy Nexus was the first LTE Sprint phone (or near the first) but I've also been in a Sprint store and seen the Galaxy S3 hold a 4G signal while my EVO switches between 3G and 4G constantly.... I usually just keep it on CDMA only because of the issue... while switching between signals it will drop whatever I am doing so it's better to leave it alone.. and I live in the heart of the Dallas, Texas metroplex so I shouldn't have those kind of Signal issues.... So my only issues are with 3G and 4G connection issues... So I could careless about Jelly Bean 4.1 or 4.2 just fix the connection issues and I'd be happy...
    Thanked by:
    spencer311, Mercury81 and smkyle like this.

ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie317 View Post
    for the most part my EVO LTE works pretty good... I don't have hardware or software problems with the actual phone.. It works great, battery life is great.. The problem I have is with signal (which is probably a software/hardware issue) when I am on Wi-Fi I have no issues at all but my wife has the Galaxy Nexus and we can be standing side by side and her phone is twice as fast on 3G and picks up a 4G signal in spots I get no 4G on my EVO..... I know the Galaxy Nexus was the first LTE Sprint phone (or near the first) but I've also been in a Sprint store and seen the Galaxy S3 hold a 4G signal while my EVO switches between 3G and 4G constantly.... I usually just keep it on CDMA only because of the issue... while switching between signals it will drop whatever I am doing so it's better to leave it alone.. and I live in the heart of the Dallas, Texas metroplex so I shouldn't have those kind of Signal issues.... So my only issues are with 3G and 4G connection issues... So I could careless about Jelly Bean 4.1 or 4.2 just fix the connection issues and I'd be happy...
    I have the exact same issue. Except lately I have to keep mine on CDMA or I dont get any data at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie317 View Post
    I guess it all depends on many factors. My wife has a galaxy nexus running jellybean on Sprint and in our home she can't hold a lte signal and my evo gets great lte in the house so who the heck knows.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.

ROM
    Stock on both for now.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I guess it all depends on many factors. My wife has a galaxy nexus running jellybean on Sprint and in our home she can't hold a lte signal and my evo gets great lte in the house so who the heck knows.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    We don't have lte in my area at home but I have it at work. I have no problems with my evo except for the ringtone thing. However my nexus 7 has jellybean and I want the Google now for my evo. Sorry but GN is cool and I want it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    There's always time to do it right the second time.

Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Nexus 7 (2012)

Retired
    HTC EVO 4G LTE
    HTC EVO 4G (Original)

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    ROM
    chub-sac-Sense4.5/AnTHRaX

Quote Originally Posted by gpdaddy95 View Post
    We don't have lte in my area at home but I have it at work. I have no problems with my evo except for the ringtone thing. However my nexus 7 has jellybean and I want the Google now for my evo. Sorry but GN is cool and I want it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    You could always unlock your device and flash a JellyBean ROM to it if you want it that badly, you know .
    Device 1: HTC One (M8)/831C | Hardware Version: 0005
    Baseband: 1.08.20.0612_4 | PRI: 2.62_003 | PRL: 53136 | Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.7

Device 2: HTC Jewel/PJ75100 (EVO 4G LTE) | Hardware Version: 0003
    Baseband: 1.13.11.1105 | PRI: 3.02_003 | PRL: 56018 | Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.2

Device 3: HTC Shooter/PG86100 (EVO 3D) | Hardware Version: 0002
    Baseband: 1.09.00.0108 | PRI: 1.55_003 | PRL: 22100 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0

Device 4: HTC Supersonic/PC36100 (EVO 4G) | Hardware Version: 0004
    Baseband: 2.15.00.01.15 | PRI: 2.33_003 | PRL: 40460 | Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.0
    kbp08tls and smkyle like this.

Captain Throwback sighting?

must be a good sign
    Thanked by:

Google now is pretty much the reason I would like jellybean. I see it at work on wife's nexus and I am very jealous, lol. :banghead:

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.
    HawaiiD and YvesStLawrence like this.

Ok the three lssues that need to be worked out for me

1. The constant sense reloading is really starting to drive me insane on almost every app I use the back button on sense needs to reload soooo annoying.

2. LTE switch over needs to work properly every time I'm in an lte area the phone always favors 3g over LTE.

3. Contacts bug I have tried reseting the phone to factory defaults and it just keeps on happening my phone take 30secs to 1 minute to dial a contact

All in all I love this phone but these issues are really starting to drive me insane. I could forget about jelly bean and Google now if the update fixed these issues. Right now I'm not sure if I go with an HTC device in the future if these issues are not worked out soon.

In today's breaking news:

Android secretly discussing development of Lemon Meringue and Molasses ROMs to succeed Key Lime Pie, respectively. ROMs may be listed as Android 6.0 and 6.5/7.0

ROM
    Stock

There's no way that is correct.

Because molasses tastes like crap.
    WeGlobal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJackson View Post
    In today's breaking news:

Android secretly discussing development of Lemon Meringue and Molasses ROMs to succeed Key Lime Pie, respectively. ROMs may be listed as Android 6.0 and 6.5/7.0

You left out 8.0 which will be Nastyass Honey Badger
    kronosqq likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
    There's no way that is correct.

Because molasses tastes like crap.
    Because they'll be criticized for making the update 'slow as molasses'.
    YvesStLawrence likes this.

No, that will be called Nectarine ORRRRR.....

Android 8.0: NotonanyHTCPhoneanytimesoon!!!!

YvesStLawrence likes this.
Page 25 of 133 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728 ... LastLast