Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 133 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree2031Likes

Global Posts
    661 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Are these kind of things like a movie release where it starts happening at midnight, or like an iPhone release where it starts at business hours?

Quote Originally Posted by kronosqq View Post
    So can anyone catch me up on what the contacts/messages issues are? I've been rolling with MeanROM for a while now so I'm out of the loop.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Anything involving contacts is incredibly slow. Loading a text message conversation, the people tab in the phone app, caller ID, dialing a phone number.....

Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    Anything involving contacts is incredibly slow. Loading a text message conversation, the people tab in the phone app, caller ID, dialing a phone number.....
    That does sound annoying.
    Unrelated to that, has anyone tried to update yet? I cleverly let mine discharge under the update threshold so I can't check myself at the moment.

That does sound annoying.
    Unrelated to that, has anyone tried to update yet? I cleverly let mine discharge under the update threshold so I can't check myself at the moment.

As of 2 minutes ago - no updates available.

Quote Originally Posted by tt0h View Post
    As of 2 minutes ago - no updates available.
    Checking both HTC Software Update and Firmware Update?

Checking both HTC Software Update and Firmware Update?

Aye

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    Are these kind of things like a movie release where it starts happening at midnight, or like an iPhone release where it starts at business hours?
    They never give out a specific time that I remember. It's a hit or miss type thing. Sometimes we don't get official word of an update till the day of the update. It kinda sucks that way.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyg41 View Post
    They never give out a specific time that I remember. It's a hit or miss type thing. Sometimes we don't get official word of an update till the day of the update. It kinda sucks that way.
    Yeah, seeing as how it's a possible manual check update and not full pushed OTA yet I wouldn't really expect it to go live at midnight.

Hope to wake to an east coaster with the update. Nothing this far in California.

Sent from my EVO

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gameaddict8 View Post
    Looks legit based on the verbiage and the 2 week rollout period. We'll find out tomorrow. Weird that ATT Hox hasn't had any leaks though....
    It's entirely possible that HTC submitted the update for both phones at around the same time to the carriers, and are simply waiting for carrier approval, and AT&T is taking longer...

At any rate, I hope this is true, and I'll be checking for updates manually throughout the day until I get something, which I'm sure is what many of you will be doing, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    It's entirely possible that HTC submitted the update for both phones at around the same time to the carriers, and are simply waiting for carrier approval, and AT&T is taking longer...

At any rate, I hope this is true, and I'll be checking for updates manually throughout the day until I get something, which I'm sure is what many of you will be doing, as well.
    Att has more customers and towers so certification would take longer. (also more devices).

If it's real, Sprint will update their support page in the morning, like they always do. Sprint website is under night time maintenance right now though.

Global Posts
    511 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heyyu View Post
    I did a hard reset on my phone and didn't sync Facebook contacts. Was fine for a week. Now the problem's back again.
    Same thing happened to me. I went ahead and synced my Facebook contacts back. I'll be checking manually for the update today as well.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100

ROM
    Sprint Stock

7:32am on the East Coast. Still nothing. I'm not going to call it a wash until the end of the day, because I've seen where updates will show in the middle of the day. Someone's gotta get to the office and have their coffee before this thing goes out.

Global Posts
    661 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

7:20 in the midwest and we're showing no update yet.

I just got off the phone with sprint. I didn't mention reading anything about an update but I did ask her if she knew if there were any updates coming out for my phone since I've been having a few issues with it. She checked in her system and she confirm everything that's on the picture in this thread. She said we would be getting and update to fix WiFi issues and ringtone issues etc and that we would be upgraded to ice cream sandwich smh lol which I am assuming it was a typo. She said the update would start today until the 27th. Now like I said I didn't mention to her anything about what I read in this forum which leads me to believe we should be getting an update today.
    Thanked by 6:
    heyyu, wpavlik2 and eXplicit815 like this.

ROM
    Sprint Stock

I hope this means JB. If it's just an update to ICS, and they use the version 3.15.651.1 number for it, well that'll just be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by nathy321 View Post
    I just got off the phone with sprint. I didn't mention reading anything about an update but I did ask her if she knew if there were any updates coming out for my phone since I've been having a few issues with it. She checked in her system and she confirm everything that's on the picture in this thread. She said we would be getting and update to fix WiFi issues and ringtone issues etc and that we would be upgraded to ice cream sandwich smh lol which I am assuming it was a typo. She said the update would start today until the 27th. Now like I said I didn't mention to her anything about what I read in this forum which leads me to believe we should be getting an update today.
    i really hope she just knows nothing and is reading whatever is in front of her. you shouldve asked for advanced tech or her manager. someone with some knowledge about the product. wish you woulda poked a little more
    oh well, thanks for calling anyway and hopefully confirming an update.
    Banned

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Whether jelly bean or not, it sounds like we are getting something! That's a good thing!

balansboy and Zookeeper63 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattails_r_Edible View Post
    Whether jelly bean or not, it sounds like we are getting something! That's a good thing!

Why are people saying we aren't getting jelly bean when its clearly listed with the logo?

Edit:

I can confirm. Tech support manager said jelly Bean comes out, but said its manual download for the 16th. He seemed extremely knowledgeable about the issues with the device. If you don't believe me call sprint tech support for yourself
    Last edited by mrhankey184; 11-15-2012 at 08:54 AM.
    Thanked by:

I really hope so. On a side note, Android Central needs to correct the time in the forums here.

Banned

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

If it's the 16th and not today, does that mean I can stop checking for updates every 5 minutes! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNeil View Post
    On a side note, Android Central needs to correct the time in the forums here.
    Couldn't agree more!! Why can't Tapatalk determine what timezone you're in and convert appropriately?

To me in the Illinois it appears to be GMT - 3 hours, is that what it appears to be to others in different time zones?

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Besides the buttery smooth UI, what other updates are included in Jellybean?

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heyyu View Post
    Besides the buttery smooth UI, what other updates are included in Jellybean?
    I think one of the biggest new features is the enhanced notifications. In Jelly Bean it adds actionable notifications. For instance, it can show more info, and add buttons like a reply to an email button directly in the notification pull down.
    Thanked by:
    heyyu 
    heyyu likes this.

Global Posts
    661 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    7:20 in the midwest and we're showing no update yet.
    Two hours later and still nothing.
Page 3 of 133 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast