Page 31 of 133 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree2031Likes

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Quote Originally Posted by treyguad View Post
    Okay guys seriously? Can you take your little rooting party somewhere else? We all want to see updates about JB.

Plus there are plenty of threads that explain in a great detail how to root a phone properly. This guy shouldn't have to explain everything to you... Just sayin...

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    You mean we all want to see speculation about updates about JB.
    Thanked by 2:

Said it before, I'll say it again: WE NEED INSIDE.SPRINT.NOW immediately, I sure wish he would come back in the air and get us the details of what is REALLY going in inside Sprint with this nonsense.

Seen some twitter activity from him, but nothing like he used to provide us. There is no way we could have gotten through the whole customs embargo bullsh without him.
    Thanked by:
    YvesStLawrence and jlo8720 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Said it before, I'll say it again: WE NEED INSIDE.SPRINT.NOW immediately, I sure wish he would come back in the air and get us the details of what is REALLY going in inside Sprint with this nonsense.

Seen some twitter activity from him, but nothing like he used to provide us. There is no way we could have gotten through the whole customs embargo bullsh without him.
    He was just in here. Must've gone for a beer-run or something. He's just that good of a guy.
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'

This is what I am being told, my source has no reason to make up reasons why it was pushed back. If you dont like my information, dont take it and ignore it. Like I said before, this is what I am being told and I am just relaying information. I joined this site a couple days ago just to give my inside information to put minds at ease cause I know what its like hitting the check for update button every 7 minutes and getting nothing.

What is your inside information that its not because of the iPhone activations? I explained that they were having problems with them activating on Sprint servers and they wanted these new activations to reflect on their anual report. We have EVOs that are half working and we are stuck in a contract, why wouldnt they take care of these new activation and upgrades first? Same goes for their issue with the GS3 being back ordered? Why not take care of these new activations first and get more phones on the street? Ill tell you why they can do this and why they did. Like I said we are under contract, locked in, we are not going anywhere. We can get mad threaten to leave sprint, all over this Jelly Bean update, but truth is, no matter how mad we are, when they release it, no matter if its Sunday or in a month, we will be so happy with Sprint and doing back flips that we will forget how mad we were and go on. They are worried about getting these new activations out there because these people are not locked in for a couple weeks and if they return their phones and go to another carrier, thats another customer lost while Sprint is already a close 3rd in the world of carriers. They need new happy customers, they are not that worried about mad, existing, locked in customers who can be turned happy with a flip of the switch on the update.

Just my 2 cents.
    Thanked by 4:
    balansboy, Bryan87, zmann and 3 others like this.

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    ROM
    chub-sac-Sense4.5/AnTHRaX

Quote Originally Posted by calvinserrano View Post
    According to the Sprint Forums, HTC was not comfortable with the new mods in the UI of sense and pulled it right away. But it is going to be Dec. 2nd that the update come out.
    If this is true, I'd like a copy of this leak. I'm sure the dev community can fix what HTC has broken. Somebody has to be able to get their hands on it.

Quote Originally Posted by spencer311 View Post
    No its not an app. Once you root you can install a custom recovery and that is where you can install roms and kernals. I personally use TWRP but for somebody starting out Clockwork recovery might be easier. But all you have to do is hit the backup button. That way if you mess things up all you have to do is restore it to your last working rom.
    I know this is off topic, but encouraging someone to use ClockworkMod on this device is a bad idea, as it messes up one of the device partitions, and hasn't been actively developed since the device came out. TWRP is really the only fully working custom recovery choice.
    Device 1: HTC One (M8)/831C | Hardware Version: 0005
    Baseband: 1.05.20.0227_2 | PRI: 1.28_003 | PRL: 51098 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.1

Device 2: HTC Jewel/PJ75100 (EVO 4G LTE) | Hardware Version: 0003
    Baseband: 1.13.11.1105 | PRI: 3.02_003 | PRL: 56018 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.4b

Device 3: HTC Shooter/PG86100 (EVO 3D) | Hardware Version: 0002
    Baseband: 1.09.00.0108 | PRI: 1.55_003 | PRL: 22100 | Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0

Device 4: HTC Supersonic/PC36100 (EVO 4G) | Hardware Version: 0004
    Baseband: 2.15.00.01.15 | PRI: 2.33_003 | PRL: 40460 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
    Thanked by 2:
    YvesStLawrence likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPuddin View Post
    You mean we all want to see speculation about updates about JB.
    True dat

Sent from Trey's EVO 4G LTE
    Thanked by:
    koam 

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

How come this update will be Android 4.1? I got Android 4.2 on my Google Nexus 7 weeks ago and yesterday another update to 4.2.1. (I realize Google devices gets updates faster, but wonder why Sprint doesn't just skip 4.1 and go to 4.2.) And the first change to 4.2 was a noticeable improvement over the 4.1 that we're waiting for here.

It takes a significant amount of time for HTC to prep an update for their phones. Both because of Sense and probably some other reasons I don't know about. Then they have to get it ok'd by Sprint, which doesn't do anything fast. 4.2 source code was just released recently and they've been working on 4.1 for a considerable amount of time already.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by koam View Post
    How come this update will be Android 4.1? I got Android 4.2 on my Google Nexus 7 weeks ago and yesterday another update to 4.2.1. (I realize Google devices gets updates faster, but wonder why Sprint doesn't just skip 4.1 and go to 4.2.) And the first change to 4.2 was a noticeable improvement over the 4.1 that we're waiting for here.
    Sprint doesn't write the software for the phone. HTC does. And when you are taking Android and making it Sense 4.x then you can't do it in a few days. I don't know a single device that has ever gotten the latest and greatest within a few weeks of release, save for some (but not all!) of the Nexii. I believe that is the plural of Nexus. If it's not, then it is now.

Either that or HTC doesn't like you and this is its way of getting back at you.

ROM
    Sprint Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback View Post
    If this is true, I'd like a copy of this leak. I'm sure the dev community can fix what HTC has broken. Somebody has to be able to get their hands on it.
    C'mon Cap... You know that it was a fully working build, and they didn't want to release something that didn't have at least 4 things broken. LOL

This is seriously my last HTC. I think I'm going to strictly buy whatever phone Google is advertising at the time. Those update freaking fast. Is the nexus 4 even on sprint?

Thanked by:

No, right now it's GSM only.

Even the Nexus doesn't get updated as quickly on all the carriers. The builds are not always held up the manufacturer and are more often then not, held up by the carrier. See

The only way to guarantee that you are going to get all the latest updates is by purchasing an unlocked, GSM, carrier unbranded Nexus every two years because even Google stops supporting devices. If i remember correctly, the OG Nexus is no longer getting updates from Google.

This is seriously my last HTC. I think I'm going to strictly buy whatever phone Google is advertising at the time. Those update freaking fast. Is the nexus 4 even on sprint?

crxssi likes this.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

let's say the next nexus device is from HTC. would you still not get it?

plus, it's not just HTC's fault here. it is also Sprint. neither company made an official statement about JB for the evo lte

Can someone explain GSM and what it would mean to buy one?

I have rooted/unlocked the following phones with NO adverse issues at all -- VZW PPC 6800, VZW Touch Pro, Sprint Touch Pro 2, OG EVO and EVOLTE.

FWIW, you don't have to S-OFF you phone to run custom ROMs either. HTC Dev Unlock works perfectly fine now and most ROM cooks have gotten around issues with flashing custom kernels as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizzmocat View Post
    I would love to root my phone, but i am too afraid to f up my phone, don't have the money to be replacing, saw the pokemon rom, love it, don't think i can have it on this phone though, can anyone put me at ease about rooting? Can follow directions but not sure what ask the lingo is, ie; dalvik and other random words that are used! Lol

ROM
    Stock

GSM is the cellular standard used by most of the planet. That includes AT&T as well as T-Mobile here. Sprint and Verizon both use CDMA, which is a licensed technology from Qualcomm. Actually, lots of carriers here in the U.S. use CDMA. The problem is that it takes time and effort to build drivers for Android to operate the proprietary radios on CDMA chipsets, whereas the vanilla versions of the Android OS are built with GSM in mind. So there is no secondary programming needed to get CDMA drivers working.
    Thanked by 2:

Gsm is the radio frequency that att and t-mobile use for there phones. Sprint and Verizon use CDMA you would have to change carriers to use the nexus 4.

ROM
    Sprint Stock

Thanked by 2:

i get it now

ROM
    CM10

Here is a fix that is supposed to fix the contact lag... its from goodandevo so you know its legit.
    Thanked by 2:
    BigDinCA and YvesStLawrence like this.

ROM
    Sprint Stock

My issues with the contacts is that they're not high resolution yet. Not until Jelly Bean... :-(

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by admire816 View Post
    This is what I am being told, my source has no reason to make up reasons why it was pushed back. If you dont like my information, dont take it and ignore it. Like I said before, this is what I am being told and I am just relaying information. I joined this site a couple days ago just to give my inside information to put minds at ease cause I know what its like hitting the check for update button every 7 minutes and getting nothing.

What is your inside information that its not because of the iPhone activations? I explained that they were having problems with them activating on Sprint servers and they wanted these new activations to reflect on their anual report. We have EVOs that are half working and we are stuck in a contract, why wouldnt they take care of these new activation and upgrades first? Same goes for their issue with the GS3 being back ordered....
    I don't think anyone disbelieves your inside info. We're just a little jaded here. Like when you say that once Sprint releases JB we will all forget everything and just be happy and doing backflips. Yeah. We won't. You should really read through these forums and you'll understand. We still talk about having our phones held up in Customs. We get mad at Sprint for that. Even though it wasn't their fault they certainly weren't forthcoming with updated information. The same is happening here. Most of us understand that HTC builds the device and the software, including these updates. Not Sprint. HTC pushes the updates from their servers. Not Sprint. But I pay my money to Sprint every month for the service, but also to be the intermediary between myself and HTC. They are doing a poor job of that.

Incidentally that's why people here, myself included, don't really buy the iPhone activation line of crap (I can't find much on that online anyway. No more than Verizon or AT&T have some activation issues. Nor can I find anything about the GS3 being back-ordered. I actually just called my local store and they have plenty in stock. Both colors.). Sprint's system activates devices. It keeps track of devices. It keeps track of usage. It provides data bandwidth and digital phone service, as well as A-GPS. It does lots of other things, too. What it doesn't do is push the updates to my device. HTC does that, once Sprint signs off on the software and how it plays with their network. And if I'm on WiFi Sprint doesn't even provide the bandwidth I use to download said software update. That's why I can always go to the HTC site and get it there, but I can't download it from the Sprint site. They don't have it. If there's an issue with Sense then that's fine. A little info from Sprint would be nice. A little update on the update. But I don't buy your claim of Sprint just sticking it to those of us on contract. They have spent sooooo much money getting their customer satisfaction numbers up over the last several years, and the advertising to tout it. They don't need a lot of churn because it looks bad to shareholders. They are concerned with "mad, existing, locked in customers". It's why people get free Airave's and big chunks of money taken off of their bill when they have voice and data problems. It's why people get a GS3 when they're fed up with their EVO.

The truth is that we here in the nerd herd are a small minority. We are loud, certainly. But we are a small percentage of users across all of these networks. So it takes us longer to get our collective voice heard than it would if all of the normal, uninteresting people began to complain en masse. I do hope your source is correct and we see it shortly. I have no reason to doubt it. I just think they may be blowing a little smoke about the reasons, as CS reps tend to do if they don't have a real answer. Anyone here who has called Sprint tech support knows how much they love to make up things so you feel better and to quiet you down for a little bit.

That's my dollar and 2 cents.

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

I'm wondering how many people who have the EVO know about the jelly bean update.

my wife has the same EVO as I do and you could ask her about Jelly Bean and
    to her it's candy

so I really doubt there's a large complain
    on the delay of the update my phone works great zero issues contact works, ringers works, and wifi works

these issues were fixed (on our phones) on the last update

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life
Page 31 of 133 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334 ... LastLast