Page 32 of 133 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree2031Likes

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Quote Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
    I don't think anyone disbelieves your inside info. We're just a little jaded here. Like when you say that once Sprint releases JB we will all forget everything and just be happy and doing backflips. Yeah. We won't. You should really read through these forums and you'll understand. We still talk about having our phones held up in Customs. We get mad at Sprint for that. Even though it wasn't their fault they certainly weren't forthcoming with updated information. The same is happening here. Most of us understand that HTC builds the device and the software, including these updates. Not Sprint. HTC pushes the updates from their servers. Not Sprint. But I pay my money to Sprint every month for the service, but also to be the intermediary between myself and HTC. They are doing a poor job of that.

Incidentally that's why people here, myself included, don't really buy the iPhone activation line of crap (I can't find much on that online anyway. No more than Verizon or AT&T have some activation issues. Nor can I find anything about the GS3 being back-ordered. I actually just called my local store and they have plenty in stock. Both colors.). Sprint's system activates devices. It keeps track of devices. It keeps track of usage. It provides data bandwidth and digital phone service, as well as A-GPS. It does lots of other things, too. What it doesn't do is push the updates to my device. HTC does that, once Sprint signs off on the software and how it plays with their network. And if I'm on WiFi Sprint doesn't even provide the bandwidth I use to download said software update. That's why I can always go to the HTC site and get it there, but I can't download it from the Sprint site. They don't have it. If there's an issue with Sense then that's fine. A little info from Sprint would be nice. A little update on the update. But I don't buy your claim of Sprint just sticking it to those of us on contract. They have spent sooooo much money getting their customer satisfaction numbers up over the last several years, and the advertising to tout it. They don't need a lot of churn because it looks bad to shareholders. They are concerned with "mad, existing, locked in customers". It's why people get free Airave's and big chunks of money taken off of their bill when they have voice and data problems. It's why people get a GS3 when they're fed up with their EVO.

The truth is that we here in the nerd herd are a small minority. We are loud, certainly. But we are a small percentage of users across all of these networks. So it takes us longer to get our collective voice heard than it would if all of the normal, uninteresting people began to complain en masse. I do hope your source is correct and we see it shortly. I have no reason to doubt it. I just think they may be blowing a little smoke about the reasons, as CS reps tend to do if they don't have a real answer. Anyone here who has called Sprint tech support knows how much they love to make up things so you feel better and to quiet you down for a little bit.

That's my dollar and 2 cents.
    As I said before, I am only sharing information that I am receiving from someone on the inside. Take it for what it is. I'm not saying this is the gospel truth, but a lot of other people on here have heard the same things from their people on the inside. You seem to think my information is wrong, you still havent told me what information you have or where it has came from. What are you bringing to the table to help figure out when this update will happen?
    Thanked by:
    zmann 
    zmann likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by admire816 View Post
    As I said before, I am only sharing information that I am receiving from someone on the inside. Take it for what it is. I'm not saying this is the gospel truth, but a lot of other people on here have heard the same things from their people on the inside. You seem to think my information is wrong, you still havent told me what information you have or where it has came from. What are you bringing to the table to help figure out when this update will happen?
    Yeah... you're not really comprehending my post. I'm sure it's because I was droning on and I apologize for that, so I'll make this a little more succinct. I don't doubt your source. I don't doubt the date you are giving. I don't believe it or disbelieve it. You believe it and that's great. I hope you are correct. I want you to be correct for all of our sake. But as far as I'm concerned it's nothing more than speculation unless we have some proof. I hope you can understand some simple skepticism on my part, as well as tons of others here. The OP had screen shots for Christ's sake and he was obviously wrong. Nobody is calling you a liar and I certainly don't have an inside source to tell me different. I was simply commenting on your previous post. You seem to be angry that anyone questions you and you are demanding their proof and their inside source, yet you have provided none of that yourself. And I am not asking you to. Once again, I am not doubting what you are saying. But only in regards to the date. Not regarding the reasons. Unless your inside source is a hardware or software engineer or works at the Sprint server farm. Or works for HTC. Because it doesn't make much sense from a technical perspective. That was the point of my post. Not the date but the reasons behind it. And it was meant for everyone here who thinks that Sprint is just not releasing the update for who knows what reasons.
    Last edited by BigDinCA; 11-30-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    Thanked by:
    sgt. slaughter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spencer311 View Post
    Here is a fix that is supposed to fix the contact lag... its from goodandevo so you know its legit.
    I don't think this is actually a fix. In the comments someone mentioned that a different ROM does the same thing the app does and it still didn't work. Has anyone tried this app to see if it fixes it?

ROM
    Stock on both for now.

I have enjoyed this thread immensely. Whether off-topic or on, it's been a pleasure to follow the discourse. Regardless of whether we get the update, I need to thank everyone for keeping this thread alive and hopping. Here's to December 2!

With the lag in updates sprint and HTC has provided us this maybe my last HTC phone how could they consider this phone to be there flagship device and let everyone of their competitors get updates before they do you could literally go to the store right now and buy a brand new Galaxy s3 already stocked with jelly bean this is a joke

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
    Yeah... you're not really comprehending my post. I'm sure it's because I was droning on and I apologize for that, so I'll make this a little more succinct.
    That was succinct?

I think it's safe to say the people who know for sure whether this update is coming, and whether it was delayed and why, are not posting here. People come up with all kinds of speculations, some based on an "Inside source", some from "HTC reps", some from asking customer care reps, and some from reading tea leaves.

Personally I think it's fun reading all of them because, when it comes right down to it, it will come when it comes. Forums are notoriously inaccurate. Wait until you see it in again article on a website where the source is a Sprint press release, that is the only way to know for sure it is coming.
    BigDinCA likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    That was succinct?
    LMAO! Well, relative to the post before it.
    Mikey47 likes this.

HTC released the source code for the droid dna today. How long has that phone been out? Very positive sign. Also, the overwhelming popularity of the Nexus 4 is a clear signal to the rest of the industry that people will take quick updates and transparency over skins. At least that's how I interpret it.

Does anyone know if an unbranded CDMA Nexus is a possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by smkyle View Post
    HTC released the source code for the droid dna today. How long has that phone been out? Very positive sign. Also, the overwhelming popularity of the Nexus 4 is a clear signal to the rest of the industry that people will take quick updates and transparency over skins. At least that's how I interpret it.

It's a possibility, but not a likely one. Sprint and Verizon have this irrational infatuation with exclusives, when they should advertise what makes their networks different and make it easier for OEM's by letting them make a phone that will work with both Verizon and Sprint. It'll be cheaper that way. Everyone wins.
    Thanked by:
    YvesStLawrence likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I don't think this is actually a fix. In the comments someone mentioned that a different ROM does the same thing the app does and it still didn't work. Has anyone tried this app to see if it fixes it?
    In brief testing it seems to be working. I opened a few tabs in Chrome and several other apps and went back to contacts and it didn't hang. Doing that usually causes the lag.

Later tonight will be the true test.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Ive heard rumors of a company overseas that makes a CDMA version of the nexus 4 that will run on sprint/Verizon but I don't put to much stock into rumors. Plus you would probably have to pay full price for it and I doubt sprint/Verizon would activate it because it didn't come from them.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Follow up question:
    Is there a CDMA mode analogous to HSPA+? And currently, what is the fastest connection that both Verizon and Sprint phones can access?

Here's my thinking and take into account there's nothing scientific behind it. Eventually this device will get jb. It would be absolutely insane for a device this new not to. My phone works absolutely fine (2nd phone) first one had signal issues and came down with terrible screen flicker. I understand everyone wanting the update due to their issues and if I were having them I would be up sprints you know what til I got a new phone. Just the same I hit the update button about 3 times a day

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

God I hope so.

as for the people that keep saying quit crying, or we're acting entitled, or just root it. thats a load of ****. my outlook is this, we didnt buy a camaro hoping to upgrade it to a corvette. we bought a fully loaded corvette w all th bells and whistles, was given an upgrade that turned our vettes into camaros.rooting is great if you want to turn your vette into a drag car. we shouldnt have to fix on our own what they did to our phones. i just want a fix that fixes what they screwed up so i have what i paid for. if its jb, awesome...... if its just a fix great. if theres still issues they are working out, TELL US!!!!!!!!!!! they got me so frustrated at this point i need a beer and to take my bike out for a mind clearing soul calming ride
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by padre1357 View Post
    God I hope so.

as for the people that keep saying quit crying, or we're acting entitled, or just root it. thats a load of ****. my outlook is this, we didnt buy a camaro hoping to upgrade it to a corvette. we bought a fully loaded corvette w all th bells and whistles, was given an upgrade that turned our vettes into camaros.rooting is great if you want to turn your vette into a drag car. we shouldnt have to fix on our own what they did to our phones. i just want a fix that fixes what they screwed up so i have what i paid for. if its jb, awesome...... if its just a fix great. if theres still issues they are working out, TELL US!!!!!!!!!!! they got me so frustrated at this point i need a beer and to take my bike out for a mind clearing soul calming ride
    Drinking and driving always does wonders for my mental health. I'm glad I'm not alone
    Thanked by 3:

Follow up question:
    Is there a CDMA mode analogous to HSPA+? And currently, what is the fastest connection that both Verizon and Sprint phones can access?
    No, It is far more cost effective to upgrade to LTE than to upgrade existing CDMA 3G networks. Evdo Rev. B will not increase speeds, so we're stuck at 7.2Mbps theoretically. In practice it's lower.

Edit: Actually with Rev. B you can use more carriers (spectrum) to speed up connection, but upgrading and keeping the same number of carriers will not result in higher speeds.

Interesting..............................
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE-screenshot_2012-11-30-12-53-03.png  

Quote Originally Posted by kingterrykimble View Post
    Interesting..............................
    Omg Omg I'm so psyched to get ICS!!! This phone should have come with that in the first place. And the sprintcares says soon!!!! I bet we get it in the next hour!!!!!!!!

Either the sprintcare rep is a total ***** (which may be the case) or we may actually be getting an "bug fix" update on ICS. Either way, Sprint/HTC has dropped the ball with lack of info

i fear out of the two devices i have that are rumored to get jb, my meadowbrook will see it b4 my tab or phone does

However we look at this it's a real sign, just sayin...

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

Quote Originally Posted by thepowerofdonuts View Post
    No, It is far more cost effective to upgrade to LTE than to upgrade existing CDMA 3G networks. Evdo Rev. B will not increase speeds, so we're stuck at 7.2Mbps theoretically. In practice it's lower.

Edit: Actually with Rev. B you can use more carriers (spectrum) to speed up connection, but upgrading and keeping the same number of carriers will not result in higher speeds.
    Evdo Rev.A' theoretical max is 3.1, Not sure where your getting 7.2 from

Samsung is closer to releasing JB for the PREDECESSOR of the SGSIII than HTC is to the current flagship.

Quote Originally Posted by rpinnocent View Post
    Evdo Rev.A' theoretical max is 3.1, Not sure where your getting 7.2 from
    You're right, I must have been thinking of HSPA? I don't know. Either way, I don't see CDMA carriers upgrading their 3G networks.

while the delay is excusable their PR efforts have been horrible.

as someone with a background in PR, I would be embarrassed to work in sprints customer care/PR department.
    Thanked by:
    YvesStLawrence likes this.
Page 32 of 133 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435 ... LastLast