Page 33 of 133 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree2031Likes

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Well, here's a possible fix for the contact issue. I've been trying this for a few hours, and it seems to be working pretty well.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100
    Thanked by:
    Mercury81 and sandcen like this.

ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by hilker09 View Post
    Well, here's a possible fix for the contact issue. I've been trying this for a few hours, and it seems to be working pretty well.

LOL I posted that a few hours ago

Quote Originally Posted by jlo8720 View Post
    while the delay is excusable their PR efforts have been horrible.

as someone with a background in PR, I would be embarrassed to work in sprints customer care/PR department.
    This times a 1000. There is absolutely no excuse as to why Sprint hasn't come clean with an official response to what has been happening during this entire fiasco.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by spencer311 View Post
    LOL I posted that a few hours ago
    I dont have that problem Anymore. I culled my facebook contacts. Only left with a dozen from google.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums
    spencer311 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spencer311 View Post
    Here is a fix that is supposed to fix the contact lag... its from goodandevo so you know its legit.
    Working well for me all day so far no contact lag after I installed and then rebooted
    spencer311 likes this.

ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by gameaddict8 View Post
    I dont have that problem Anymore. I culled my facebook contacts. Only left with a dozen from google.

I have never actually had that issue... I turned off facebook contacts with my old evo because it was matching up numbers with the wrong number and I never turned it back on. I just posted that for the other people who were having the issue. But the data thing is really making me angry... If I have my lte turned on I don't get any data. If I turn it to just cdma it works fine but we have 4g lte here so it sucks I can't use it. Even when I run cm10 it does that. Its weird.
    bigrey81 likes this.

I have about 450 phone numbers from across the years. 75% of those are probably facebook friends. the remaining would be random businesses, landlines, etc that I need.

I dont sync those who are exclusively fbook friends with no numbers (that would be a few hundred more)

I have almost zero lag in the contacts app.
    Stock, non rooted 4.0.3

texting on the other hand, is long delay as I never delete texts (prob have 10-15K on my device)

How do you sysn some buy not all fb contacts?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by thepowerofdonuts View Post
    You're right, I must have been thinking of HSPA? I don't know. Either way, I don't see CDMA carriers upgrading their 3G networks.
    actually, sprint recently spent $200 million to upgrade their 3G

Quote Originally Posted by scratchfwb View Post

I think you sense matches phone numbers/google contacts with fb friends.

go to the fb app and look at the settings for sync, should be one about existing contacts only.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scratchfwb View Post

Go to settings on the Facebook app and sync only existing contacts. Or else let facebook sync everyone and go one by one taking off unwanted contacts by deleting them.

.....I was on this page for a long time without refreshing, didn't notice someone answered before me.
    Last edited by jimmyg41; 11-30-2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Treed

Quote Originally Posted by zakphi View Post
    actually, sprint recently spent $200 million to upgrade their 3G

That wasn't an upgrade, they spent that money on legacy equipment to improve capacity, not to upgrade it to a faster standard.

Quote Originally Posted by kingterrykimble View Post
    Either the sprintcare rep is a total ***** (which may be the case) or we may actually be getting an "bug fix" update on ICS. Either way, Sprint/HTC has dropped the ball with lack of info
    More than likely she's a complete ***** as the majority of anybody whom works for sprint.....

ROM
    Stock on both for now.

Dec 1St and still nothing. My Nexus 7 just got its fourth update this morning since buying it. Only two for the EVO since purchasing it on the first day of availability. Does that mean the EVO is more stable and therefore a better product? Just thinking out loud.

There's always time to do it right the second time.

Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Nexus 7 (2012)

Retired
    HTC EVO 4G LTE
    HTC EVO 4G (Original)

Quote Originally Posted by gpdaddy95 View Post
    Dec 1St and still nothing. My Nexus 7 just got its fourth update this morning since buying it. Only two for the EVO since purchasing it on the first day of availability. Does that mean the EVO is more stable and therefore a better product? Just thinking out loud.

4.2 had a lot of bugs. Sunday looks like update time fur us.

Nope

No, that's actually a false cause fallacy called *** hoc ergo propter hoc.

Wakes up, checks HTC updates, checks Firmware updates, rolls over and goes back to sleep. Repeat

Thanked by 5:

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNeil View Post
    Wakes up, checks HTC updates, checks Firmware updates, rolls over and goes back to sleep. Repeat

+This

Quote Originally Posted by smalldice View Post
    +This

Jb is gonna be amazing

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Android Central Forums
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,203 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gameaddict8 View Post
    Jb is gonna be amazing
    Will it?
    Will it break FoxFi [probably]? Will it fix the inability of Sense to rotate the home and lock screens [no]? Will it free up more memory to prevent poor task switching [no]? Will it fix the contacts and LTE problems some people have [maybe]? Will it make the settings and other menus sort in alphabetical order [probably not]? Will it introduce any new bugs [possibly]? Will it be the last major OS update the Evo LTE will ever see [maybe]? Will it add USB flash and HID support [I doubt it]? Will it take away USB mass storage mode [might]?

Trust me, there will be plenty to continue to complain about, regardless of the OS version, the handset, or the manufacturer.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Will it?
    Will it break FoxFi [probably]? Will it fix the inability of Sense to rotate the home and lock screens [no]? Will it free up more memory to prevent poor task switching [no]? Will it fix the contacts and LTE problems some people have [maybe]? Will it make the settings and other menus sort in alphabetical order [probably not]? Will it introduce any new bugs [possibly]? Will it be the last major OS update the Evo LTE will ever see [maybe]? Will it add USB flash and HID support [I doubt it]? Will it take away USB mass storage mode [might]?

Trust me, there will be plenty to continue to complain about, regardless of the OS version, the handset, or the manufacturer.
    Sounds like someone is a little pessimistic this morning..

On a brighter note: One more day... Hopefully!

ROM
    Stock

Well, if the update is coming tomorrow then I'm flying to Australia, because it's already tomorrow there.

And they have awesome meat pies.

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Will it?

Can it be any worse?.....Seriously....Can it?

To be honest, I for one can't complain about anything because if you think about it not to long ago we were simply amazed to be able to play the snake game on our nokias. The things that these devices can do now are truly amazing. When I personally think back to those days it makes it easier to put up with these miniscule issues.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.
    Thanked by 2:
Page 33 of 133 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536 ... LastLast