Like Tree2031Likes

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    ROM
    chub-sac-Sense4.5/AnTHRaX

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Will it?
    Will it break FoxFi [probably]? Will it fix the inability of Sense to rotate the home and lock screens [no]? Will it free up more memory to prevent poor task switching [no]? Will it fix the contacts and LTE problems some people have [maybe]? Will it make the settings and other menus sort in alphabetical order [probably not]? Will it introduce any new bugs [possibly]? Will it be the last major OS update the Evo LTE will ever see [maybe]? Will it add USB flash and HID support [I doubt it]? Will it take away USB mass storage mode [might]?

Trust me, there will be plenty to continue to complain about, regardless of the OS version, the handset, or the manufacturer.
    Wow, so many of these things can be fixed with a simple app download or (I hate to say this again) by UNLOCKING and/or flashing a custom ROM.

My OG EVO came with Froyo, and I'm running JellyBean on it (OS updates). I'm just saying - communities like this really help us to unlock the full potential of our devices. The risks are minimal, and the benefits are outstanding. Put on your Nikes people, lol.
    Device 1: HTC One (M8)/831C | Hardware Version: 0005
    Baseband: 1.05.20.0227_2 | PRI: 1.28_003 | PRL: 51098 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.1

Device 2: HTC Jewel/PJ75100 (EVO 4G LTE) | Hardware Version: 0003
    Baseband: 1.13.11.1105 | PRI: 3.02_003 | PRL: 56018 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.4b

Device 3: HTC Shooter/PG86100 (EVO 3D) | Hardware Version: 0002
    Baseband: 1.09.00.0108 | PRI: 1.55_003 | PRL: 22100 | Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0

Device 4: HTC Supersonic/PC36100 (EVO 4G) | Hardware Version: 0004
    Baseband: 2.15.00.01.15 | PRI: 2.33_003 | PRL: 40460 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback View Post
    Wow, so many of these things can be fixed with a simple app download or (I hate to say this again) by UNLOCKING and/or flashing a custom ROM.

My OG EVO came with Froyo, and I'm running JellyBean on it (OS updates). I'm just saying - communities like this really help us to unlock the full potential of our devices. The risks are minimal, and the benefits are outstanding. Put on your Nikes people, lol.
    These types of comments just beg the question: When will we be able to buy a bare bones phone that is compatible with our chosen carrier's technology and load any OS onto it?

Even though I am not a ROMer, I love than people can do this, but I wonder how much the cost of the device is raised by the manufacturers trying to recover costs for their software development?

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    These types of comments just beg the question: When will we be able to buy a bare bones phone that is compatible with our chosen carrier's technology and load any OS onto it?

Even though I am not a ROMer, I love than people can do this, but I wonder how much the cost of the device is raised by the manufacturers trying to recover costs for their software development?
    I doubt that will ever happen since manufacturers have to sell the phone to the carrier and they'll only buy it if their allowed to do what they want with it. However if Google does indeed become a wireless carrier that may very well be a reality.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

What are the best selling android devices right now? Nexus 4, 7, and 10. I think the manufacturers will get the message. I see good things for HTC in the near future. They responded to the too many devices. They responded to locked bootloaders. They toned down sense. They put out source code 10 days after the DNA came out. I'm not seeing any doom and gloom.

Quote Originally Posted by smkyle View Post
    What are the best selling android devices right now? Nexus 4, 7, and 10. I think the manufacturers will get the message. I see good things for HTC in the near future. They responded to the too many devices. They responded to locked bootloaders. They toned down sense. They put out source code 10 days after the DNA came out. I'm not seeing any doom and gloom.
    They didn't make that many nexus 4. Backordered 2 months

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums
    Nyboiswagg likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    Can it be any worse?.....Seriously....Can it?
    So you know you've just jinxed all of us, right? Of course it can be worse. It can always be worse and when you invoke that comment it WILL be worse.

And now we are all screwed. Great!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
    Well, if the update is coming tomorrow then I'm flying to Australia, because it's already tomorrow there.

And they have awesome meat pies.
    If you like meat pies, you should try my tube steak, its yummy! Lol, j/k couldn't resist

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Will it?
    Will it break FoxFi [probably]? Will it fix the inability of Sense to rotate the home and lock screens [no]? Will it free up more memory to prevent poor task switching [no]? Will it fix the contacts and LTE problems some people have [maybe]? Will it make the settings and other menus sort in alphabetical order [probably not]? Will it introduce any new bugs [possibly]? Will it be the last major OS update the Evo LTE will ever see [maybe]? Will it add USB flash and HID support [I doubt it]? Will it take away USB mass storage mode [might]?

Trust me, there will be plenty to continue to complain about, regardless of the OS version, the handset, or the manufacturer.
    You know all of this how? FoxFi is still working on several phones and tablets with JB so how do you know it will break on our phones? All these other claims you also don't know since we haven't gotten the update yet so please don't get those people who come here for answers all worried about something that you don't know for a fact.

Ice

Sorry but they did NOT respond to the too many devices fully... They had it okay with the One series then toss on the Sprint, and VZ personal model that gives you 5 devices they should manage... They have gone above that...

Now if they stick to source being out only on a 10 day delay ill mark that a giant improvement!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Seriously. If Samsung can put the gs3 on multiple networks, HTC should be able to do the same with the one... Or the evo.

Sent from Trey's EVO 4G LTE

The current nexus devices are a hot seller because demand outweighs supply but like someone else said, the supply wasn't that much in the first place so even though they're selling well you won't see actual units sold anywhere near as much as the gs3 for example. Your typical consumer will pick a phone with touchwiz/sense over a nexus any day of the week simply because of all the added features and eye candy that you won't get with a nexus device. Now sure, you can download whatever app to make up for what you don't get with a touchwiz/sense device out of the box but again the average consumer isn't going to do that, they just want to turn the phone on and go about their daily activities.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,211 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cmorris8848 View Post
    Sounds like someone is a little pessimistic this morning..
    Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    Can it be any worse?.....Seriously....Can it?
    OK, sorry about being so dramatic. To me it is just ironic that people can get so worked up over this update and right after they get it, they will be yelling at the other issues, many already forgotten. It is especially amusing to see people threatening to never buy another HTC, or leave Sprint, or whatever over-the-top statement is in fashion to express just how upset they are that they don't have a fairly non-earth-shattering update within whatever they consider to be a reasonable time frame. Or to pester low-level Sprint or HTC employees as if they have any useful information to share.

I really like the Evo LTE, I think it is a wonderful device; even as it sits. Has a few issues, but EVERY device I have ever owned (of any type) has had issues. So don't look at me to be Mr. Sunshine, I am never satisfied. At least I am not in denial!

My world is not going to fall apart if the update comes in two months instead of one month or one week, or three weeks ago. Do I wish it were sooner? Sure. But our getting ultra-worked up about it is not going to change anything (well, except give us all more stress and discontent).
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by:
    top magoo, YvesStLawrence and tt0h like this.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    I doubt that will ever happen since manufacturers have to sell the phone to the carrier and they'll only buy it if their allowed to do what they want with it. However if Google does indeed become a wireless carrier that may very well be a reality.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    since google just became an ISP, i wouldn't be surprised if google is planning to be a wireless carrier

OK, sorry about being so dramatic. To me it is just ironic that people can get so worked up over this update and right after they get it, they will be yelling at the other issues, many already forgotten. It is especially amusing to see people threatening to never buy another HTC, or leave Sprint, or whatever over-the-top statement is in fashion to express just how upset they are that they don't have a fairly non-earth-shattering update within whatever they consider to be a reasonable time frame. Or to pester low-level Sprint or HTC employees as if they have any useful information to share.

I really like the Evo LTE, I think it is a wonderful device; even as it sits. Has a few issues, but EVERY device I have ever owned (of any type) has had issues. So don't look at me to be Mr. Sunshine, I am never satisfied. At least I am not in denial!

My world is not going to fall apart if the update comes in two months instead of one month or one week, or three weeks ago. Do I wish it were sooner? Sure. But our getting ultra-worked up about it is not going to change anything (well, except give us all more stress and discontent).
    I just go overly dramatic for the effect (I probably like sarcasm a little too much...) Sarcasta Balll reference anyone?

But for what it's worth I can't think of any problem I've had as simple and bad as caller id not working that's gone this long without a fix (or even acknowledgement)

Does anyone know if the one click root method still works? I'm thinking about trying the root thing if jb doesn't happen, its not for any issues i have, i don't have any, i just like making my phone fun

Quote Originally Posted by gpdaddy95 View Post
    Dec 1St and still nothing. My Nexus 7 just got its fourth update this morning since buying it. Only two for the EVO since purchasing it on the first day of availability. Does that mean the EVO is more stable and therefore a better product? Just thinking out loud.

Yes ,Yes and Yes.. HTC far more advanced. Just sayin....:beer:

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

Android central reported that the razor hd and razor maxx are getting jb next week and they where on the mark with the s3 so if where getting jb tomorrow wouldn't u think they would know and report it . Just saying but sure hope it's true .
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
    The current nexus devices are a hot seller because demand outweighs supply but like someone else said, the supply wasn't that much in the first place so even though they're selling well you won't see actual units sold anywhere near as much as the gs3 for example. Your typical consumer will pick a phone with touchwiz/sense over a nexus any day of the week simply because of all the added features and eye candy that you won't get with a nexus device. Now sure, you can download whatever app to make up for what you don't get with a touchwiz/sense device out of the box but again the average consumer isn't going to do that, they just want to turn the phone on and go about their daily activities.
    You have a point with the Nexus 4 but not the tablets.

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dwb3838 View Post
    Android central reported that the razor hd and razor maxx are getting jb next week and they where on the mark with the s3 so if where getting jb tomorrow wouldn't u think they would know and report it . Just saying but sure hope it's true .
    We're not getting NOTHING tomorrow

only thing I'm excited for tomorrow is watching football

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life
    Mercury81 likes this.

ROM
    CM10

Just fyi foxfi works fine on my Evo 4g lte running Jelly bean... Not sure why people think its not going to work.

Global Posts
    2,211 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spencer311 View Post
    Just fyi foxfi works fine on my Evo 4g lte running Jelly bean... Not sure why people think its not going to work.
    Because it is clearly stated on the FoxFi website that it will not work on the Evo LTE with Android 4.1.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

You may need root to use Foxfi on 4.1. We shall see.

A quick question to those who are clamoring for an update: Will you actually update? Keep in mind that you will most likely loose tethering, may start to experiences new bugs, and if you're not currently experiencing bugs, are you willing to take the risk (Why fix what isn't broken mentality)?

Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    We're not getting NOTHING tomorrow
    Umm...thanks for the insight I guess?

Yes, and i am one that hasn't had problems, and if i do get a problem I'll most likely live with it , due to the fact that i was 12 when the Atari first came out, no internet, no cell phones, so a few bruises to my phones ego is not going to kill me, hell, i was happy as a clam with 2g!

Thanked by:
    icenija, zmann and Va1ha11a like this.

Global Posts
    2,211 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Va1ha11a View Post
    You may need root to use Foxfi on 4.1. We shall see.
    Well, if you root, then there are plenty of other non-FoxFi options.

A quick question to those who are clamoring for an update: Will you actually update? Keep in mind that you will most likely loose tethering, may start to experiences new bugs, and if you're not currently experiencing bugs, are you willing to take the risk (Why fix what isn't broken mentality)?
    I don't have any problems, per se... mostly just things I want changed (which are not going to change with the update). But I plan on taking the update.
    Thanked by:
    Va1ha11a likes this.
Page 34 of 133 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637 ... LastLast