Page 38 of 133 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree2031Likes

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Quote Originally Posted by dwb3838 View Post
    U need to take ur own advice and watch football because seems to me you are checking the forums also for info .
    FYI my post was 7 minutes before the game started. What I need to do is turn off email notifications, you guys are killing me :O

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Lotta crow being eatin right now with the no update on Sunday happening......

Haven't looked on sprint community forums and the thread where the guy talked to HTC rep.... Wonder if he's even around now.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezerb View Post
    FYI my post was 7 minutes before the game started. What I need to do is turn off email notifications, you guys are killing me :O

Sounds like a good idea .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. slaughter View Post

Haven't looked on sprint community forums and the thread where the guy talked to HTC rep.... Wonder if he's even around now.

Probably no sign of him now .

ROM
    Stock

... or the guy who's source said it was delayed due to iPhone activations and SG3 backorders. Or the other guy who talked about the HTC rep at an Arizona store (which was gathered from someone else posting on the Sprint forums, who said nothing about talking to the rep themselves - only that a tech at the store told them they had talked to a rep).

Does crow taste like humble pie? I wouldn't know because I've never touted my "inside source" and their rock-solid information.
    sgt. slaughter likes this.

Looked on the sprint forum but no report from the guy that talked to the rep .

Lmao...I've had the GSIII since Friday and I will have to say even if my evo gets JB anytime soon this is an overall better phone. I've had both units side by side and the LTE works much better on this phone. Not to mention all small settings to tweak fonts, lockscreen, and gestures.

I've had the touch pro, touch pro 2, evo, evo 3d then the LTE. I'm one of the biggest fan boys out there. I'm extremely disappointed of how they handled the issues on this phone and the roll out of JB.

Now Sprints offered me the Note II if I want it for $150. I need to decide if I can handle a phone that big.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhankey184 View Post
    Lmao...I've had the GSIII since Friday and I will have to say even if my evo gets JB anytime soon this is an overall better phone. I've had both units side by side and the LTE works much better on this phone. Not to mention all small settings to tweak fonts, lockscreen, and gestures.

I've had the touch pro, touch pro 2, evo, evo 3d then the LTE. I'm one of the biggest fan boys out there. I'm extremely disappointed of how they handled the issues on this phone and the roll out of JB.

Now Sprints offered me the Note II if I want it for $150. I need to decide if I can handle a phone that big.
    Do all Xmas poo's think alike? Inferior is better...

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

I've been reading the forum over on Sprint community to see what was going on, and I read the post about the Arizona guy again. What he said was " release was soft yesterday, pulled and will resume on December 2nd." This meaning that the actual numbers will happen again from the original post in this thread: 25,000 a day or however many it was. So only 25,000 of us owners should get it today, and then 25,000 more tomorrow, and so on. If you don't get it, then you aren't in the 25,000, so don't get too frustrated or upset. It'll come. No doubt about it. I got the Froyo update on my original Evo at like ten on a Friday night. So be patient people. I know it's hard, because I want it NOW, but we just have to wait.
    Last edited by Cmorris8848; 12-02-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmorris8848 View Post
    I've been reading the forum over on Sprint community to see what was going on, and I read the post about the Arizona guy again. What he said was " release was soft yesterday, pulled and will resume on December 2nd." This meaning that the actual numbers will happen again from the original post in this thread: 20,000 a day or however many it was. So only 20,000 of us owners should get it today, and then 20,000 more tomorrow, and so on. If you don't get it, then you aren't in the 20,000, so don't get too frustrated or upset. It'll come. No doubt about it. I got the Froyo update on my original Evo at like ten on a Friday night. So be patient people. I know it's hard, because I want it NOW, but we just have to wait.
    Ugh I get tired of repeating this.... Soft/client initiated is for when users manually check, then it goes full blast push notification to X users each week progressing more and more. Once its being pushed to people anyone can manually pull it at anytime. That's how it works.

ROM
    AOSP 4.2.1

Default Re: It's coming jelly bean!

I was just comparing this device with a few others on sprint not 5 minutes ago This post just boosted the evo lte a good deal in my decision now since all the others I'm looking at are still runing ics....thanks!!

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Ugh I get tired of repeating this.... Soft/client initiated is for when users manually check, then it goes full blast push notification to X users each week progressing more and more. Once its being pushed to people anyone can manually pull it at anytime. That's how it works.

I was explaining that 25,000 of us will get a notification about it tonight. So even if we don't see that someone gets it, it doesn't mean that it isn't out yet. No disrespect, Sgt.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

So why was everyone getting that error when checking for update

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ajbrad View Post
    So why was everyone getting that error when checking for update

That just happens from time to time. Same thing happened during the earlier prediction back in November.

Sent from my EVO

Here's my latest response from HTC:

Thank you for your response. While we do understand wanting to keep your HTC Evo 4G LTE up to date, we do not have any confirmation that the Evo 4G LTE will in fact receive an update to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). It is possible that it will receive the update since it part of the One series but it cannot be guaranteed.

We apologize for the inconvenience but have no other information at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by cckorn 16 View Post
    Here's my latest response from HTC:
    Thank you for your response. While we do understand wanting to keep your HTC Evo 4G LTE up to date, we do not have any confirmation that the Evo 4G LTE will in fact receive an update to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). It is possible that it will receive the update since it part of the One series but it cannot be guaranteed. We apologize for the inconvenience but have no other information at this time.
    Not exactly what I wanted to hear... considering the phone came out 7 months ago & has plenty of hardware to run jb, and the 1x has gotten jb.

Quote Originally Posted by gameaddict8 View Post
    Not exactly what I wanted to hear... considering the phone came out 7 months ago & has plenty of hardware to run jb, and the 1x has gotten jb.
    I got something similar from HTC the other day :/ disappointing.
    "Paint to live. Live to paint."

Quote Originally Posted by Cmorris8848 View Post
    I was explaining that 25,000 of us will get a notification about it tonight. So even if we don't see that someone gets it, it doesn't mean that it isn't out yet. No disrespect, Sgt.
    Ok. But to be clear when anyone says there's no update yet its that they manually checked and it didn't show anything there....so the whole 25k progressive push part of the rollout is meaningless in the end to us...

Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Ok. But to be clear when anyone says there's no update yet its that they manually checked and it didn't show anything there....so the whole 25k progressive push part of the rollout is meaningless in the end to us...

That is if it works the way you are saying it works..

I'm tired of these games, my next phone will be a Nexus.
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by klamer View Post
    Word.
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'

That's what I said last time but was lured by the newness of the Evo over the GNex when it got to sprint

hopefully Sprint will get an N4 by CES
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,208 Global Posts

Easy to say, not easy to swallow.

Nexus = ONE choice (at least that is how it works right now). It might not be the size you want. It might not have the storage you want. It might not be on the carrier you want. Etc... It would be nice if ALL high-end phones were "Nexus", so we could choose the device that best meets our requirements and yet still get a stock Android experience that is updated consistently and quickly. Gotta dream.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by 2:

I think right now Sammy is the best of both worlds, better hardware (SD and bigger screen to name 2) than the nexus and better support than HTC

I'm trying to hold out for the note 3

I figured it out, the sprint care people were told it was the first TWOS DAY in december, thus we were told Dec 2nd, but i have been smart enough to figure out the secret htc/sprint code, it will be announced on twosday! Duh! :banghead:

ROM
    Stock

I agree, because the Nexus phones never have issues and they always get the update within minutes of release. And those updates never have bugs (hello Google. I'm the month of December. Remember me?). And they always have the most impressive hardware. You do realize that everyone is getting pissy about an update, that Sprint never announced, not being released?

Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    I think right now Sammy is the best of both worlds, better hardware (SD and bigger screen to name 2) than the nexus and better support than HTC

I'm trying to hold out for the note 3
    I can totally see your point, and there's a lot of truth to it. But it's funny that at this time last year you couldn't have really said either of those things. Samsung's support and update history was horrible until the GS3.
    Thanked by 2:
    ufergus, Mikey47 and icenija like this.
Page 38 of 133 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041 ... LastLast