Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 40 of 133 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 3309
Like Tree2031Likes

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Quote Originally Posted by treyguad View Post
    I just had a great idea guys... Google now should just be an app. I would be happy.

Sent from Trey's EVO 4G LTE
    THIS! It's really the only feature I'm looking forward too from Jelly Bean. I've been lucky to not be plagued by the issues a lot of you guys are waiting for a fix for.
    Thanked by:
    YvesStLawrence likes this.

ROM
    Sprint Stock

If you're rooted, why not just add it to your phone?

I'm not rooted yet. I'm going to give HTC and Sprint until Christmas to get Jellybean out. If it's not out by then I'm going to give Mean ROM and Cm10 a try.

Quote Originally Posted by eXplicit815 View Post
    If you're rooted, why not just add it to your phone?
    Alright explain this to me. I've rooted before but all the times I did I was putting a whole new ROM on there. Can I root my phone and keep the original rom and just simply add Google now? Sorry if that's a stupid question

ROM
    Sprint Stock

Alright explain this to me. I've rooted before but all the times I did I was putting a whole new ROM on there. Can I root my phone and keep the original rom and just simply add Google now? Sorry if that's a stupid question

Not a stupid question, but the problem is that the only way to root at this time is wiping the phone completely. It can be a bit of a process if you're not familiar with doing it, but it's rewarding in the end. And the developers out there make things as easy as possible to do.

Not a stupid question, but the problem is that the only way to root at this time is wiping the phone completely. It can be a bit of a process if you're not familiar with doing it, but it's rewarding in the end. And the developers out there make things as easy as possible to do.
    Well I've rooted this evo before and ended up screwing up a lot of things and was incredibly lucky to be able to unroot. But you didn't answer my question...?

ROM
    CM10

Well I've rooted this evo before and ended up screwing up a lot of things and was incredibly lucky to be able to unroot. But you didn't answer my question...?

Yes you can... But I would suggest CM10! Its great unless you just have to have sense. I personally love the stock android look. My phone is set up just like a nexus lol
    elfuego likes this.

There's a thread on XDA for Google Now on ICS. It's in one of the Android forums (not device specific). Or you can Google it.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Hey, Zmann, think you could ask your insider what happened? I think that's the most reliable thing I could hear today. Thanks ahead of time

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cmorris8848 View Post
    Hey, Zmann, think you could ask your insider what happened? I think that's the most reliable thing I could hear today. Thanks ahead of time

He called me,, I have not returned his call. Don't really want to hear it anymore,, I have been let down. I will probably return his call at lunch.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    He called me,, I have not returned his call. Don't really want to hear it anymore,, I have been let down. I will probably return his call at lunch.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    So you're saying there's a chance? :lol

With all the issues that Galaxy 3's are having with Jelly bean update . I think we are best to wait until they fix all the bugs. Rather than have to deal with more issues.:beer:

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

After all of the rumors and such, why wouldn't you want to hear his answer?

Also, many people read what you were saying based on his assertions. Wouldn't you want to just answer them?

Just sayin . . .

ROM
    Stock on both for now.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    I have to say that I believe your source to be the most believable of all to me. Besides, without you and your source none of this thread would've been possible (at least not near as much fun to keep up with). I haven't spent this much time on these forums until this thread came out. AC owes you some kind of reward for boosting the popularity of the site. Call the man back! I wake up every morning for this forum and the latest news. You and your source have brought meaning to my life.....oh wait, we're still just talking about a phone update, aren't we? Nevermind, I got carried away with little jellybeans dancing around in my dreams at night.

Please call the dude back and give us a new target date.

Global Posts
    895 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

It is 7:36 in Honolulu right now what time is your lunchhehe? hehe

Sent from my Coconut Wireless
    Sent from my Coconut Wireless Sony Xperia Z1S

This is absurd tip eat Jelly beans for lunch....

So what are we thinking will happen first, 2,000 posts or an update?
    phanatic4ever likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    So what are we thinking will happen first, 2,000 posts or an update?
    2000 posts. Definitely.

Caroline V: Jelly Bean update has been recently released for Galaxy S3 phones and currently Google is trying to push the Android update on HTC EVO. ONce it will be available for you device, you will get the upgrade notification in your notification area.
    You: Is there time frame?
    Caroline V: I'm sorry but currently there is no time frame is available but you should get it very spoon.
    Caroline V: soon *

Quote Originally Posted by Sorniel M Davila View Post
    Caroline V: Jelly Bean update has been recently released for Galaxy S3 phones and currently Google is trying to push the Android update on HTC EVO. ONce it will be available for you device, you will get the upgrade notification in your notification area.
    Caroline V: I'm sorry but currently there is no time frame is available but you should get it very spoon.
    Hehe "spoon", thanks for the info

YvesStLawrence likes this.

ROM
    Sprint Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Sorniel M Davila View Post
    Oh, so now Google is pushing the updates?

Oh, so now Google is pushing the updates?

http://i.imgur.com/tAGVf.gif
    Why shouldn't they, Jelly bean is a glorified update for Google now. You think HTC or Sprint should be concerned all that Much.

ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury81 View Post
    Why shouldn't they, Jelly bean is a glorified update for Google now. You think HTC or Sprint should be concerned all that Much.

LOL... you think android 4.1 is a Google app?

ROM
    Sprint Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury81 View Post

Please tell me you're trolling...

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1

Google Now is an upgrade over the previous Google Voice Search option they use to use. Heck if you look at it in the market outright it only works on 4.1 and above for this reason. Otherwise the changes between Android Jelly bean and ICS is pretty minor, like almost not even apparent minor coming from the old GSM Galaxy Nexus i rock for the great part of the year. Honestly I'm not going to gripe too much on the lack of an update and more on the fact, what is up with the lack of transparency.

We all know Sprint Tech support and some upper level management look at these boards, and im sure if someone made up a poll on those having issues it would definitely be higher than 60% of those just comment, but probably a good chunk of all EVO LTE Users. Mostly I can't understand which party is at fault and why on earth they aren't attempting to rectify said issue. Half of us literally wouldn't care if they just dropped a press release said hey we know you guys are there and we know what's up and here's what's going on, etc. etc. Now i know i have about as much data as the others, but lucked out over break one my cousins does work for HTC, though not directly involved in updates for phones, but more the servers, their forums and a network admin there.

He said back to me they do know about the issue, and know its really pissing off all HTC phone users of Android right now, honestly a lot of those general users that use to focus on software were re purposed for the design teams, and other ventures in and around HTC, they are restructuring. Again i was like really? So what on earth is upper level management doing, this has been going on for a few months, they at that time are still discussing what to do but no one had a true answer. Honestly i just want some closure, i don't want to switch to Samsung i just hate their hardware, updates or not it still inferior plastic and lousy quality as a whole outside the spec's and the screen. If you guys got better data, hey go ahead and post it at least we can try and collaborate and see if the data matches up. Its just annoying to have to go through three phones because updates have all but killed the device time and time again. Honestly once this is done, since im not insane enough to leave my unlimited data 4G LTE, just switching to WP later. Honestly even if we did have the update to 4.1, when on earth would we ever see 4.2? Probably close to never, and the whole root your and slap CM10 or whatever on it just shouldn't be a pass for any new and modern phone. Your phone should simply work, and OEMs should stop messing with what does work and peddling their own agenda, this situation hasn't changed at all since 2.3 when the updates started really ramping up and it won't change next year at all. Also buying a Nexus isn't a pass either, because not everyone can afford to go the unlocked, pre-paid route via service being very variable in different places. Again pardon the super rant lol, just tired of seeing half the bored complain, but not contribute anything lets at least try to be constructive and what not.
    Last edited by AeonZeroX; 12-03-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Page 40 of 133 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243 ... LastLast