Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 41 of 133 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 3309
Like Tree2031Likes

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Quote Originally Posted by AeonZeroX View Post
    and the whole root your and slap CM10 or whatever on it just shouldn't be a pass for any new and modern phone. Your phone should simply work, and OEMs should stop messing with what does work and peddling their own agenda, this situation hasn't changed at all since 2.3 when the updates started really ramping up and it won't change next year at all. Also buying a Nexus isn't a pass either, because not everyone can afford to go the unlocked, pre-paid route via service being very variable in different places. Again pardon the super rant lol, just tired of seeing half the bored complain, but not contribute anything lets at least try to be constructive and what not.
    I agree with you 100%. Most of the people here just want JB for Google Now. Even if they could just get that working for ICS that would be a show of goodwill from Google. Sprint however, needs to push OEM's to get these updates out faster, and HTC needs to realize that this is not the way to recover from a horrible year of sales. They did well with the EVO 4G but since then it's been disappointing.

Edit: Updated Gmail works in ICS and 4.1. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by spencer311 View Post
    LOL... you think android 4.1 is a Google app?
    Yes, except for upgrade of some notifications, it's a Google master plan to link them to your wallet.

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

Just a note for anybody thinking of rooting so as to install Google Now, developers are pretty damn fast when there's a new official update. Say if you root and flash MeanROM then the 4.1 update is rolled out, it'll probably only be a day or two extra until MeanROM has a new version including the 4.1 update. Even if for some reason that doesn't happen you can always flash to stock and un-root, then get the official update. Seeing as how easy all that is to do, it's really a win-win for anyone interested.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Just a word of advice to anybody getting impatient and are new to the whole rooting/romming option.... just do your homework/research before you do it...if its your first time doing it...outside of the risks involved....i notice many people here complaining over what i consider 'minor bugs' now if these bugs bug you.... going the root/rom way may prove to be more disappointing more than anything while if done the CM route in the past and i fully enjoyed it at the time...truth is there is always pros/cons to everything and while you may get GOOGLE NOW on it you may now lack other cool features that Sense already provides in a better TEST proving process....LTE may be worse...your camera may not have all features.etc etc..so just do your homework and know exactly what your getting yourself into.

ROM
    Sprint Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Rsximporter99 View Post
    Just a word of advice to anybody getting impatient and are new to the whole rooting/romming option.... just do your homework/research before you do it...if its your first time doing it...outside of the risks involved....i notice many people here complaining over what i consider 'minor bugs' now if these bugs bug you.... going the root/rom way may prove to be more disappointing more than anything while if done the CM route in the past and i fully enjoyed it at the time...truth is there is always pros/cons to everything and while you may get GOOGLE NOW on it you may now lack other cool features that Sense already provides in a better TEST proving process....LTE may be worse...your camera may not have all features.etc etc..so just do your homework and know exactly what your getting yourself into.
    Are you implying that adding Google Now to a rooted EVO 4G LTE will cause issues with the camera?

No Im implying to do your research if your thinking of rooting and romming your phone just to get Jellybean and enjoy the GOOGLE now experience....I have not looked at whats available out there .... whether its CM or MEAN ROM or whatever....just make sure you know what issues are known and decide if the pros outweigh the cons for your own personal needs. Thats all.

ROM
    Sprint Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Rsximporter99 View Post
    No Im implying to do your research if your thinking of rooting and romming your phone just to get Jellybean and enjoy the GOOGLE now experience....I have not looked at whats available out there .... whether its CM or MEAN ROM or whatever....just make sure you know what issues are known and decide if the pros outweigh the cons for your own personal needs. Thats all.
    As much as I'd like to believe everyone understands this, there are those out there that really don't, so thank you for clarifying. But, if you want the Google Now experience, and you want to keep your phone as stock as possible, just root the stock ROM, then install Google Now. Basically, you don't have to worry about adding another ROM to your phone just to install Google Now.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by AeonZeroX View Post
    ....... Again pardon the super rant lol, just tired of seeing half the bored complain, but not contribute anything lets at least try to be constructive and what not.
    Never apologize for a rant, super or otherwise. That's what the forums are for. If people don't like it or they disagree with it, they can ignore it or they can comment on it, even with a rant of their own. I don't think there's even a size limit to a post here. At least I haven't run into one yet and I have penned some doosies.

ROM
    MeanROM ICS v6.5

I've been following this thread from the start and waiting for the update since the "leak" and really disappointed in Sprint/HTC for the lack of information and at times the misinformation. I finally got tired and rooted my phone and went with mean rom and am loving it and especially loving not having to wait on HTC/Sprint. Have Google Now and overclocked 1.7Ghz cores and got to keep the sweet Sense camera

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

I dont think its coming.
    Banned

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

me either!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyatl404 View Post
    I dont think its coming.
    Lol. I was at radioshack looking at phones. Worker said lte is getting turned on this month. That will make the wait more bearable.

I think that just to make this more fun, Android Central should hold a contest (prize TBA) for the person who guesses the date in which JB will land on this phone. How about it Phil/Jerry and crew? *wink*

Quote Originally Posted by gameaddict8 View Post
    Lol. I was at radioshack looking at phones. Worker said lte is getting turned on this month. That will make the wait more bearable.
    If it makes you feel more better you can subtract the days from the weekends(SAT/SUN) and christmas eve/day $ New Years Eve...so that only leaves us with 17 working days where we may see a update assuming it wont happen between the holidays...so in reality its 14 days

What method did you use? I'm on a Windows 64 bit machine and need to figure out if I should use Htcdev or a one click like Regaw or Dirty Raccoon.

- - - Updated - - -

What method did you use? I'm on a Windows 64 bit machine and need to figure out if I should use Htcdev or a one click like Regaw or Dirty Raccoon.

ROM
    MeanROM ICS v6.5

Quote Originally Posted by mammo3 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I am on a Windows 64 bit PC too and Regaw did not work for me so I had to do it manually and use HTCdev, was pretty easy just look up a guide and you should be done in about 15 minutes

YES!!! LTE was suppose to be in the Hampton Roads area by now. 4G WIMAX never came here, so I'm actually more anxious about 4G LTE to arrive than JB.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by mammo3 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You won't be able to use Dirty Racun with any 64bit system. That's what's kept me from rooting recently. I have 64bit, and I can't get full S-Off with my computer.

Don't hold ur breath when listening to a radioshack employee on when lte is getting turned on....they know less then sprint CS reps even do. Lol

Shoot me a pm and I might be able to help you get a better idea of when if u want bud.

If you to check and see where there might be LTE available already, you can go to sensorly.com and check your zip code and see what service is available and what the coverage looks like.

I live in NYC and I am really disappointed in the coverage that I am seeing in my area (only really in The Bronx and a few pockets in Manhattan).

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. slaughter View Post
    Don't hold ur breath when listening to a radioshack employee on when lte is getting turned on....they know less then sprint CS reps even do. Lol

Shoot me a pm and I might be able to help you get a better idea of when if u want bud.

It caught me off guard since he seemed more excited about it than me.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac120 View Post
    If you to check and see where there might be LTE available already, you can go to sensorly.com and check your zip code and see what service is available and what the coverage looks like.

I live in NYC and I am really disappointed in the coverage that I am seeing in my area (only really in The Bronx and a few pockets in Manhattan).
    Yeah. LA is getting closer. The town next door has a small area already testing

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by The Urban Legend View Post
    I've been following this thread from the start and waiting for the update since the "leak" and really disappointed in Sprint/HTC for the lack of information and at times the misinformation. I finally got tired and rooted my phone and went with mean rom and am loving it and especially loving not having to wait on HTC/Sprint. Have Google Now and overclocked 1.7Ghz cores and got to keep the sweet Sense camera
    What route did you go as far as rooting?

Sent from Trey's EVO 4G LTE

Sorry to be off-topic, but this thread is getting hilarious it is turning into the biggest "on topic" / "off topic" thread I've seen.
    crxssi, chrivar and DJWetWipes like this.

Cool, I used HTCdev on my last phone so I'll give this a shot. Tired of waiting as long as the camera works on Mean Rom
Page 41 of 133 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344 ... LastLast