Page 43 of 133 FirstFirst ... 40414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 3309
Like Tree2031Likes

ROM
    Sprint Stock

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Quote Originally Posted by thepowerofdonuts View Post
    You don't like it because it sounds like Siri? What kind of a reason is that? It would be fine to say "I don't like it because it sounds robotic and unnatural" but, in my opinion, Google Now sounds much more human than Siri.
    Pretty much this... Have you even heard the two side-by-side?

I just tried transcendental meditation and I got this....2 siri or not 2 siri. Just sayin :thumbup:

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Quote Originally Posted by thepowerofdonuts View Post
    You don't like it because it sounds like Siri? What kind of a reason is that? It would be fine to say "I don't like it because it sounds robotic and unnatural" but, in my opinion, Google Now sounds much more human than Siri.

Don't bite his head off. Everyone is allowed their opinion. What did he say that you take issue with?
    If you read my whole post?
    I didn't say, I didn't like GN. In fact,
    I stated how much I enjoy using
    GN and how much of an upgrade it
    Is compared to the original voice search.
    The only "Con" I felt, and that's my
    Opinion is that the voice of
    GN sounds similar to Siri.

I am sure there are a whole lot of
    People would agree with me that it does have a similar sounding voice
    To Siri.
    I think you took my post out of context.
    I am not in no way bashing
    GN. In fact I have stated in my
    Other post in this thread on how much of nice upgrade JB and GN
    Is going to be on the EVO 4G LTE

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

guys...this sucks...

jellybean now out for ATT SGS3

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiD View Post
    If you read my whole post?
    I didn't say, I didn't like GN.
    I did read your whole post, and I guess I should've phrased my response differently. I just think Google Now's voice is significantly more natural than Siri, so I would consider that a pro, rather than a con.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac120 View Post
    If you to check and see where there might be LTE available already, you can go to sensorly.com and check your zip code and see what service is available and what the coverage looks like.

I live in NYC and I am really disappointed in the coverage that I am seeing in my area (only really in The Bronx and a few pockets in Manhattan).
    So I happened to meet a gentleman whos an engeener and works for the company that provides LTE engeneers and tech for wireless carriers, and he was telling me that you will never see saturated LTE coverage from Sprint with the speed they're working on it. Sprint is only trying to add city names in its LTE list to make it look good. In fact they only add a few towers in each city, usually near major highways/downtown and move on to the next one. He believes Sprint LTE is just a BS cuz Sprint is not spending any extra dollars on it. And there is a very small percentage of their people work with sprint, most of them are contracted for Verizon and ATT.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by FaisDogg View Post
    So I happened to meet a gentleman whos an engeener and works for the company that provides LTE engeneers and tech for wireless carriers, and he was telling me that you will never see saturated LTE coverage from Sprint with the speed they're working on it. Sprint is only trying to add city names in its LTE list to make it look good. In fact they only add a few towers in each city, usually near major highways/downtown and move on to the next one. He believes Sprint LTE is just a BS cuz Sprint is not spending any extra dollars on it. And there is a very small percentage of their people work with sprint, most of them are contracted for Verizon and ATT.

Huh? So, if we find an engineer from Microsoft who says the federal government hired very few of them to roll out a new version of iOS that means iOS just isn't being used much and Apple isn't serious about it?

I think there is more than one company that provides LTE engineers and tech for wireless carriers.

It's difficult because in big cities the sites might not be easily accessible so it's slow. However, here in LA it really has started to pick up. This dude is only speaking from his experience so he doesn't know. Sprint is putting billions of dollars into Network Vision.
    BigDinCA likes this.

I call BS on your guy.Lol. Sprints plan is to get each market to a certain completion percentage then move to another market while leaving some behind to finish the rollout until completed. Take the Indianapolis for example....40% completion was supposed to be December with May or June at 100% and they started back in Aug here. There's sites popping up all over the place. Sprints plan is to get LTE to wherever they have 3g.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Zookeeper63 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Huh? So, if we find an engineer from Microsoft who says the federal government hired very few of them to roll out a new version of iOS that means iOS just isn't being used much and Apple isn't serious about it?

I think there is more than one company that provides LTE engineers and tech for wireless carriers.
    The vendors for Sprint's LTE rollout (Samsung, Alcatel Lucent,and Ericsson) use many different companies. The company the guy works for has no way of knowing what other sites Sprint is upgrading.

ROM
    Stock

... He believes Sprint LTE is just a BS cuz Sprint is not spending any extra dollars on it. And there is a very small percentage of their people work with sprint, most of them are contracted for Verizon and ATT.
    That is ludicrous. Take a look at Sprints earnings the last couple of years and you will see the amount of money they have been spending, and have allocated for future spending, on the entire Network Vision expansion. It's not even about adding towers but more about updating equipment on those towers to include LTE and upgraded 3G coverage. Though most cell companies don't own the majority of towers they use, they are leased from other companies. There are several of them out there, some even publicly traded, whose values are soaring thanks to everyone ramping up LTE coverage. A great site is where you can get updates for all of the areas coverage is already at and expected to be at in the future. Tons of great info there. The fact that Sprint has a definitive plan for the LTE expansion is the reason I have stuck with them. It's not as fast as I would like, but there is a plan in place and things are moving along according to that plan.
    Bryan87 likes this.

Plus if they join forces with the Japanese company (forget the name) it's on

Quote Originally Posted by Sprint Social Care
    We do plan to get the Jelly Bean update, yes. We initially announced the update to launch a week or two ago however there were some alterations that were needed before it was officially rolled out.

The development team knows this update is strongly anticipated and they are working hard with HTC to get it ready to launch ASAP.

Thank you,
    Chris
    BAW forums

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by smkyle View Post
    Plus if they join forces with the Japanese company (forget the name) it's on
    SoftBank.

Also, why isn't this thread listed up top with the most viewed or most popular threads? I've looked at some of the others there and they may have a few thousand views, and in some cases a few hundred views, with a couple of hundred posts. I'd love to know how they figure that out. We have over 110,000 views and over 1,000 posts... I guess AC doesn't love us anymore either, along with HTC.

Dude has no idea what the hell he is talking about.
    crxssi, zakphi and BigDinCA like this.

I think we might hear something today. If you browse to the us HTC support site for our phones it kicks back to a page not found error. This page was working last night as I check it for updates because they seem to update the page before sending the updates.

Thanked by:
    HawaiiD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by John Matuszek View Post
    I think we might hear something today. If you browse to the us HTC support site for our phones it kicks back to a page not found error. This page was working last night as I check it for updates because they seem to update the page before sending the updates.

Love the optimism!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

I wish, but I get the same error page just going to generic phone support, before actually getting to select my device.

That doesn't mean a thing since any phone you select gives you the same error.

I have the page bookmarked but I did notice the whole support site doing this. This was HTC twitter this morning.

Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

I have the page bookmarked but I did notice the whole support site doing this. This was HTC twitter this morning.

So... one guy, at the bottom of the image, is told that JB for the EVO will begin rolling out anytime soon, but the guy at the top of the image is told there is no specific information regarding updates for the EVO? HTC has the same sad team of Twitter responders as Sprint does.

Not getting my hopes up but just seen this on Twitter.

Thanked by:
    JAY_RAWW12 likes this.

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

Than jelly bean I would rather have reception in all of atlanta. And Im not talking 4g, I just talking basic coverage in dunwoody which is a huge suburb not in the sticks. parts of downtown atlanta where there is nothing and that's right by a sprint store. Phone calls that don't sound break up. I love the phone and I hate the idea of paying $350 to get out of my contract but if I cant make phone calls its pretty useless to me and I use the phone for work.

ROM
    Stock

Actually the EVO LTE is gone completely from their list of phones on the support page. Hopefully it means update but very strange. only the EVO 3D is listed

EDIT- Everything came back and looks the same
    Last edited by georgeotc; 12-04-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Page 43 of 133 FirstFirst ... 40414243444546 ... LastLast