Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 44 of 133 FirstFirst ... 41424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 3309
Like Tree2031Likes

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Quote Originally Posted by FaisDogg View Post
    So I happened to meet a gentleman whos an engeener and works for the company that provides LTE engeneers and tech for wireless carriers, and he was telling me that you will never see saturated LTE coverage from Sprint with the speed they're working on it. Sprint is only trying to add city names in its LTE list to make it look good. In fact they only add a few towers in each city, usually near major highways/downtown and move on to the next one. He believes Sprint LTE is just a BS cuz Sprint is not spending any extra dollars on it. And there is a very small percentage of their people work with sprint, most of them are contracted for Verizon and ATT.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    What?
    I have also met this one guy on the street who told me that if you wrap your phone in aluminum foil, you get full coverage, doesnt matter what networks your on, you don't even need to have a plan. it just works! by way of science... in BS form

clearly you don't keep up with any of the information on just how much sprint is dropping into this.
    jahiamir and jayhay312 like this.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

I upgraded to Jelly Bean this weekend! Well ok...so I was at the Office Depot and noticed that thier Asus Transformer Prime was still on ICS. Hooked up their display tablet to their WIFI and started the updgrade to JB. How sad is that.

EDIT: Whoops..I mean Office Depot not Home Depot.
    Last edited by jimmyg41; 12-04-2012 at 12:53 PM.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyg41 View Post
    I upgraded to Jelly Bean this weekend! Well ok...so I was at the Home Depot and noticed that thier Asus Transformer Prime was still on ICS. Hooked up their display tablet to their WIFI and started the updgrade to JB. How sad is that.
    Awesome! Very altruistic of you. It is the the season of giving after all... *cough* HTC/Sprint *cough*

Sent from my LTEvo using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

funny-
    I've been reading through the thread every day (right after I check my phone for updates and realize with a deja vu like feeling that one day in the very near future we'll see an update available, install it, this thread will fall by the wayside, and all the JB broke my phone, how do I uninstall, sense keeps rebooting since the update, I bricked my phone with the update cuz I'm rooted threads will all begin...
    yeah....I'm psychic
    bc2k, Zookeeper63 and Va1ha11a like this.

Got tired of waiting and took the plung and s-off'd, root'd and flash'd CM10. As a result of my hour of effort, I'm sure JB will be released in the next week from Sprint, however no regrets. Probably no huge difference except for the new eye candy and self pride in "hacking" the phone and voiding it's warranty.
    Thanked by 2:

Great news today for Evo 4 G LTE owners- jk .

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2
    Last edited by Mercury81; 12-04-2012 at 01:25 PM.
    petrosil and jayhay312 like this.

lol wut

Just called Sprint and talk to another customer service rep who actually works with the updates he said that there was an update that they release but then HTC pulled the update on November 29th after I was done talking with him I called HTC spoke to a woman who said yes they did really see update but then pulled it because they weren't happy with something and then it should come soon she said that you can go to the website and check for the updates but for some reason it is down right now and she cannot check either she said that when it comes back up you should be able to check for any updates but she confirmed that there was an actual update

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dodgermspt View Post
    Just called Sprint and talk to another customer service rep who actually works with the updates he said that there was an update that they release but then HTC pulled the update on November 29th after I was done talking with him I called HTC spoke to a woman who said yes they did really see update but then pulled it because they weren't happy with something and then it should come soon she said that you can go to the website and check for the updates but for some reason it is down right now and she cannot check either she said that when it comes back up you should be able to check for any updates but she confirmed that there was an actual update

Did they tell you all of this in one long run-on sentence, or was the lack of punctuation your idea?

Seriously, thanks. If there was an update that got pulled, it's at least a nice glimmer that it's being stress-tested and readied for primetime. I can wait a few more days, personally; much better that then changing devices up.
    Thanked by:

Lol I didn't type it. I was using the voice thing and letting google type it for me! Didn't notice that when I was done talking it did not add any punctuation! First time using it, I thought it worked pretty well besides that.

ROM
    Sprint Stock

Lol I didn't type it. I was using the voice thing and letting google type it for me! Didn't notice that when I was done talking it did not add any punctuation! First time using it, I thought it worked pretty well besides that.

Yeah, you have to say the punctuation when your saying what you want typed.

Global Posts
    928 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Quote Originally Posted by smkyle View Post
    Plus if they join forces with the Japanese company (forget the name) it's on
    SoftBank

Sent from my Coconut Wireless
    Sent from my Coconut Wireless Sony Xperia Z1S

ROM
    Stock-unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by smkyle View Post
    Do you have a source for why CDMA has to be re-written? Not arguing just curious.
    Really?
    CrackBerry Curve 9330 > BlackBerry Tour 9630 > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 4G LTE > Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    BigDinCA likes this.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yeah, that's actually REALLY solid. Now I need to try it out. dammit!

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by eXplicit815 View Post
    Yeah, you have to say the punctuation when your saying what you want typed.
    That's funny. But only because it's true. At least it auto-capitalizes after the punctuation.

Quote Originally Posted by FaisDogg View Post
    So I happened to meet a gentleman whos an engeener and works for the company that provides LTE engeneers and tech for wireless carriers, and he was telling me that you will never see saturated LTE coverage from Sprint with the speed they're working on it. Sprint is only trying to add city names in its LTE list to make it look good. In fact they only add a few towers in each city, usually near major highways/downtown and move on to the next one. He believes Sprint LTE is just a BS cuz Sprint is not spending any extra dollars on it. And there is a very small percentage of their people work with sprint, most of them are contracted for Verizon and ATT.

Please check the link below for the best info you can find about Network Vision.
    Network, Network Vision/LTE Deployment - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

So if I'm going to infer anything from this it's that the update should be sooner than later, and one day the update will just be there without any heads up or announcement.

Thanks for the info

Also when I was speaking to the Sprint rep . He said that it was just a MR update. He also stated that when they pulled it, they are trying to roll this into the new OS system but he said he wasn't making any promises if that information is correct

I think I'm just gonna unsubscribe. Can't take the suspense anymore lol.

dskwerl and DJWetWipes like this.

Also when I was speaking to the Sprint rep . He said that it was just a MR update. He also stated that when they pulled it, they are trying to roll this into the new OS system but he said he wasn't making any promises if that information is correct

MR update? What is that? Mentally ed?

smalldice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizzmocat View Post
    MR update? What is that? Mentally ed?

Lol Maintenance Release, I believe.
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'

Oops, guess i cant use the word that is slang for individuals that are mentally challenged, which is weird because my sister is "mentally challenged" and i an positive that even the doctors we used to go to back in the early 80s used the R word, i feel its ok, due to the fact that she is not challenged, as if she were to try harder she would over come! Lol, sorry about the use of the word and the rant

my brother knew there is an update and he texted me saying he just got one....

he sent a screen cap and sure enough it was the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by jlo8720 View Post
    my brother knew there is an update and he texted me saying he just got one....

he sent a screen cap and sure enough it was the last one.
    D'oh!
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'

Quote Originally Posted by cuffs50 View Post
    I think I'm just gonna unsubscribe. Can't take the suspense anymore lol.

You will miss very valuable information about your own phone it you do.lol:thumbup:

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2
Page 44 of 133 FirstFirst ... 41424344454647 ... LastLast