Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 47 of 133 FirstFirst ... 44454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 3309
Like Tree2031Likes

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Well i just had an auto Service update of some sort. I've never seen that before. Looked at my phone and "service update complete" was on the screen

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,161 Global Posts

FWIW, I just got some independent confirmation that an update's well under way. Sounds like it's pretty close -- but I do not have a date or anything.
    Thanked by 29:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    FWIW, I just got some independent confirmation that an update's well under way. Sounds like it's pretty close -- but I do not have a date or anything.
    Thanks! Very nice that you keep up on what the community is interested in.
    Thanked by:

Sweet thanks for the info Phil!

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

ROM
    Sprint Stock

How trustworthy is this source? There have been several so far. I'm sure yours is probably the most credible, but we're all a little under the weather as far as this update is concerned.

From your lips to Dan Hesse's.

BTW, your independent confirmation wasn't @sprintcares on Twitter like the article on your competitor's site was it?

Ty Phil so many people are dying in this forum for information.

Quote Originally Posted by eXplicit815 View Post
    How trustworthy is this source? There have been several so far. I'm sure yours is probably the most credible, but we're all a little under the weather as far as this update is concerned.
    He prefaced it with FWIW. He's just trying to be helpful and he took the time to come to our forum and post it. Cut him some slack.
    Thanked by:
    jayhay312 and YvesStLawrence like this.

ROM
    Sprint Stock

Quote Originally Posted by thepowerofdonuts View Post
    He prefaced it with FWIW. He's just trying to be helpful and he took the time to come to our forum and post it. Cut him some slack.
    I'm not questioning his credibility. I'm simply asking if this would be someone that has updated him before with information that was true.

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

The fact that Phil took the time to come into the forum and let us know that his source told him that the update is on its way should stop some of the outrage. We know Phil's contact is credible or Phil would not have come here to post his information. So lets calm down. BTW Thanks Phil.

Ice

Quote Originally Posted by icenija View Post
    The fact that Phil took the time to come into the forum and let us know that his source told him that the update is on its way should stop some of the outrage. We know Phil's contact is credible or Phil would not have come here to post his information. So lets calm down. BTW Thanks Phil.

Ice
    Thanks for checking in with us Phil

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

No offense, but why would sprint need to tell an authorized retailer what their update plans are?
    None taken. We are called a "preferred retailer". We have access to all Sprint systems as well as the playbook and any other information.
    Thanked by:

Thank you Phil!

don't question Phil, I asked him if he could make the play store links for app reviews be in https so I could see them at work without having to add it myself. within the hour it was done.. hes got magic!

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    From your lips to Dan Hesse's.

BTW, your independent confirmation wasn't @sprintcares on Twitter like the article on your competitor's site was it?
    Wait, so you want it to go from Phil's lips to Dan Hesse's lips? That's a little creepy. What an enormously gay NASCAR-smartphone-Network Vision-Android-HTC make out session that would be.

But I trust that Phil wouldn't have come in here and mentioned it if he wasn't confident that his information was solid. I guess the 118,000 views are getting us somewhere. With AC anyway. Maybe not with HTC and Sprint, but I guess we'll take what we can get.
    Mikey47 and YvesStLawrence like this.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by eXplicit815 View Post
    Spoken like a true ƎVO fanatic (like the rest of us here): "I don't care if the head M'er F'er in charge of Android Central gives me some inside info - I want to know the credibility of the source!"
    icenija and YvesStLawrence like this.

ROM
    Stock on both for now.

The fact that PHIL dropped us a bone lends more to the credibility of an impending update than anything I've read thusfar about "my friend at Sprint who is married to an undisclosed HTC Vice President's mistress' cousin". Now I BELIEVE we're getting an update (no offense ZMann, just sayin'). Looking forward to the update and I promise to let it come to me instead of checking every morning when I wake up. I promise to calmly look forward to getting Google Now instead of drooling over every post in this thread while silently cursing the intellectually challenged CS Reps at Sprint and HTC. I shall call these promises my "VOW TO ALL THAT IS PHIL". So it is written, so it shall be done.
    YvesStLawrence likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
    Spoken like a true ƎVO fanatic (like the rest of us here): "I don't care if the head M'er F'er in charge of Android Central gives me some inside info - I want to know the credibility of the source!"
    As Drew Brees would say "Where is the Evidence"?!!?

I heard the Mayan's just got Jelly Bean, before us, dang it. And they'll only use it for what, 2 more weeks?

I bought my EVO LTE on 11/14, the same day this thread was started. HTC and Sprint have done a horrid job with this update on every level, this is painfully evident. I cant invest the emotional energy of checking for updates manually every day, Ill let you guys do that. When people start posting that they got Jelly Bean (hey, maybe it will come out on Easter, heh heh), then Ill check for the update. In the meantimeenjoy your EVO LTEs.

Incidentally, I get the 1233 error checking for firmware update on wifi, but it just says no updates available when using 3G.

After reading this entire thread today my brain is fried.

"We have your Jelly Bean update, if you'll just look right here at the red light..."
    Thanked by 2:
    jhilker, PittsPgh, icenija and 3 others like this.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,161 Global Posts

lol at half of you. Hugz to the other half.

Unfortunately there are too many personal identifiers in what I'm looking at to post it here. There's also not a whole lot to what I've got, other than it refers to "the upcoming update."

ROM
    Stock

Unfortunately there are too many personal identifiers in what I'm looking at to post it here. There's also not a whole lot to what I've got, other than it refers to "the upcoming update."
    It's cool. It's cool - we know you and Danny are tight. We're not looking to get anyone in hot water. We trust you.

Though the timeliness of your ƎVO review makes me a little skeptical about your love for this device. But just a little.

Also, there are 1172 posts in here, so can you get going on a spreadsheet of who gets the hugs and who gets laughed at. And by "hugz" I assume you mean free Lloyd t-shirts.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1

Though thanks again boss man. Regardless to those complaining any news is better than no news/silence that most of us have dealt with. Though i do find it entertaining the view count on this is nearly as high as all other posts in the HTC EVO LTE forum combined.

ROM
    Sprint Stock

Screenshots are screenshots. It's understandable...

BUT THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
    Wait, so you want it to go from Phil's lips to Dan Hesse's lips? That's a little creepy.
    Lol, yeah, sorry Phil and Dan, don't want to start any rumors about the two of you.
Page 47 of 133 FirstFirst ... 44454647484950 ... LastLast