Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree2031Likes

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

If, and if, this is true then the doc states that the update will be client initiated beginning on 11/15. The key is finding a way to initiate this. I was able to successfully do this for 2 S3 phones in my family. Basically you can force the server to believe that your phone is next in line for the update. We will see. Seems like this will only work if they are ready to push the update and per the questionable doc, they may not be ready to push until 11/27.

Quote Originally Posted by parout66 View Post
    If, and if, this is true then the doc states that the update will be client initiated beginning on 11/15. The key is finding a way to initiate this. I was able to successfully do this for 2 S3 phones in my family. Basically you can force the server to believe that your phone is next in line for the update. We will see. Seems like this will only work if they are ready to push the update and per the questionable doc, they may not be ready to push until 11/27.
    Am I missing something? Don't you just push "Check now" under software updates? And then when the update is available you can start it.....

Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    Am I missing something? Don't you just push "Check now" under software updates? And then when the update is available you can start it.....
    I suppose, I guess that is why it is client initiated. I will give it a go later today. If and when I am successful, I will post.

Correct. That easy....

Global Posts
    682 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Quote Originally Posted by pteezay View Post
    There is one thing that I noticed with Sprint and HTC's updates is that before a major update rolls out all of the Google Apps (Gmail, Youtube, Maps, etc.) and Bloatware pre-installed on the phone will have an update available. All of mine (6 total) showed up today as needing to be updated so they are in compliance with the new software. I may just be late in updating them, but it could also be a premature assumption, a good sign, or a random coincidence?
    I checked updates yesterday and woke up and all my apps were updated again. I don't think it's a coincidence at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    I checked updates yesterday and woke up and all my apps were updated again. I don't think it's a coincidence at all.
    Same thing happened to me yesterday and I figured an update was near.

ROM
    Sprint Stock

If anyone does happen to get it, don't install it right away. Download it, and extract the installation for the developers to root.
    Thanked by:
    vhira82 likes this.

so no one has actually gotten this correct?

Global Posts
    682 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

So... I've had about 10 PRL updates today when I've checked using *2. Is that normal?

yeah... with the whole united states still blind to it... getting a little weary, unless they're operating on hawaii time or something

Ok, this is what I've done today. Reason why I am so impatient is my phone locks up inbetween making important business calls and its extremely frustrating.

This morning I called Sprint and talked to a tech manager and he said there was a Jelly Bean updated being released 11/16. He couldnt find any information on it however but knew of the udpate.

I called HTC to confirm the update and they had no clue

I called Sprint again and spoke with a girl that had no idea about the update.

I called Sprint once more and spoke with a gentlemen that knew of the update and said it was being rolled out starting sometime this week at 10,000 devices the first week then 50,000 devices the following week until all the devices are being updated. He said he knew of the update because all level 2/3 technicians have to take a knowledge test of all the phone updates that sprint offers and remembered the EVO LTE device being on the test as being rolled out starting sometime this week for Jelly Bean.

Now I cross my fingers and wait to get something today. tomorrow, or the week after.
    Thanked by:

10,000 the first week?! i better sit here hittin' that update button all day and night..

All we need is one person to download it and hand it over to devs.

The 4.04 rollout was to everyone at once, wasn't it?

Sent from my EVO

They usually do it this way; first client initiated, and later they push notifications. I'm skeptical of the 10,000 limit. I bet it's as simple as client initiated.

Starting to think it's not true nothing in North Carolina

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    682 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Could someone detail what we should do once we get the update? Download and not install is pretty vague and I want to help however I can. Thanks!

ROM
    Sprint Stock

Could someone detail what we should do once we get the update? Download and not install is pretty vague and I want to help however I can. Thanks!
    Basically, when the download becomes available, you can download it and then it will ask you to confirm if you want to install it. Before installing it, you can extract the file from the Downloads folder on your SD card. That file will be what the developers need. If you install it, it's too late. You won't be able to download it again.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    682 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Quote Originally Posted by eXplicit815 View Post
    Basically, when the download becomes available, you can download it and then it will ask you to confirm if you want to install it. Before installing it, you can extract the file from the Downloads folder on your SD card. That file will be what the developers need. If you install it, it's too late. You won't be able to download it again.
    How do I get it to a dev? I thought linking direct to software downloads was frowned upon in these forums...

You can post it in a forum dedicated to developers.
    Thanked by:

How do I get it to a dev? I thought linking direct to software downloads was frowned upon in these forums...
    You can post to downloads that are relevant. not hacked apps or other things that take advantage of peoples hard work. but a software for a phone, thats another story. I have posted HTC flashlight apk files for people that needed them. you can just upload it to your google drive and give the link to the devs. thats probably the best way to do it
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Sprint Stock

You can also post it here (Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service), and provide the link to us.

Funny with everyone hitting the update servers it definitely is getting sprint to see how popular a jelly bean update would be for the EVO LTE.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    682 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Quote Originally Posted by eXplicit815 View Post
    You can also post it here (Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service), and provide the link to us.
    I'll do it as soon as I get the update!

Check this out.

Edit: Sorry false alarm. Just a PRL Update.

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE-uploadfromtaptalk1353015241705.jpg  
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'
Page 5 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast