Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

mammo3

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Cool, I used HTCdev on my last phone so I'll give this a shot. Tired of waiting as long as the camera works on Mean Rom

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

I think that just to make this more fun, Android Central should hold a contest (prize TBA) for the person who guesses the date in which JB will land on this phone. How about it Phil/Jerry and crew? *wink*

My guess date for JB Dec.12,2012

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site

Ok so now the ATT GS3 is getting their JB update. If we don't get it this month...and the sooner the better...HTC is done. This is completely ludicrous...

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I think that just to make this more fun, Android Central should hold a contest (prize TBA) for the person who guesses the date in which JB will land on this phone. How about it Phil/Jerry and crew? *wink*

Let's add "how many posts we can get this thread up to by the big day?". Over a thousand before we've even got confirmation that we're getting jelly bean...not too bad

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Let's add "how many posts we can get this thread up to by the big day?". Over a thousand before we've even got confirmation that we're getting jelly bean...not too bad

Too many people have come out and said they know the day, and there's been many many rants since. It'll boost another couple hundred posts on the next speculated date.

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Before or after end of year?....or end of January?

Loser changes Sig for a month.... That's what we do.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site

What does att GS3 have to do with HTC being done?......

The fact that the GS3 came out after our phone but getting this update before us just disgusts me. No word on when, or even IF (yes I know we'll probably get it yea yea yea) though HTC's wording is always "we're currently assessing if the Evo will get the JB update". Come on...they can at least let us know something even halfway solid.

And by "HTC is done", I meant I'm done with them if no update by 12/31/12. I'd even let it slide if by that date they give us a solid future date for the update (as long as it's not too far in the future). Sure Sprint is mostly to blame I'm sure, but I can't help but assume HTC is partially the culprit here too.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Google Now is an upgrade over the previous Google Voice Search option they use to use. Heck if you look at it in the market outright it only works on 4.1 and above for this reason. Otherwise the changes between Android Jelly bean and ICS is pretty minor, like almost not even apparent minor coming from the old GSM Galaxy Nexus i rock for the great part of the year. Honestly I'm not going to gripe too much on the lack of an update and more on the fact, what is up with the lack of transparency.

We all know Sprint Tech support and some upper level management look at these boards, and im sure if someone made up a poll on those having issues it would definitely be higher than 60% of those just comment, but probably a good chunk of all EVO LTE Users. Mostly I can't understand which party is at fault and why on earth they aren't attempting to rectify said issue. Half of us literally wouldn't care if they just dropped a press release said hey we know you guys are there and we know what's up and here's what's going on, etc. etc. Now i know i have about as much data as the others, but lucked out over break one my cousins does work for HTC, though not directly involved in updates for phones, but more the servers, their forums and a network admin there.

He said back to me they do know about the issue, and know its really pissing off all HTC phone users of Android right now, honestly a lot of those general users that use to focus on software were re purposed for the design teams, and other ventures in and around HTC, they are restructuring. Again i was like really? So what on earth is upper level management doing, this has been going on for a few months, they at that time are still discussing what to do but no one had a true answer. Honestly i just want some closure, i don't want to switch to Samsung i just hate their hardware, updates or not it still inferior plastic and lousy quality as a whole outside the spec's and the screen. If you guys got better data, hey go ahead and post it at least we can try and collaborate and see if the data matches up. Its just annoying to have to go through three phones because updates have all but killed the device time and time again. Honestly once this is done, since im not insane enough to leave my unlimited data 4G LTE, just switching to WP later. Honestly even if we did have the update to 4.1, when on earth would we ever see 4.2? Probably close to never, and the whole root your and slap CM10 or whatever on it just shouldn't be a pass for any new and modern phone. Your phone should simply work, and OEMs should stop messing with what does work and peddling their own agenda, this situation hasn't changed at all since 2.3 when the updates started really ramping up and it won't change next year at all. Also buying a Nexus isn't a pass either, because not everyone can afford to go the unlocked, pre-paid route via service being very variable in different places. Again pardon the super rant lol, just tired of seeing half the bored complain, but not contribute anything lets at least try to be constructive and what not.

Google now is a huge upgrade over previous versions of Google voice search.
It adds a new dimension to the original
voice search which is voice interactions.
Not to mention the speed of your search results
are faster too.
The function I enjoy the most is the I.E "wake me up in * hours command.
Google now will reply...
You alarm is now set to * o'clock.
I like this function because GN sets up temporary alarm. To which you don't have to go back into
Your clocks alarm setting to cancel an alarm.

Only thing I don't really care about is Google now
is that the voice of GN sound very similar to Siri.

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

The fact that the GS3 came out after our phone but getting this update before us just disgusts me. No word on when, or even IF (yes I know we'll probably get it yea yea yea) though HTC's wording is always "we're currently assessing if the Evo will get the JB update". Come on...they can at least let us know something even halfway solid.

And by "HTC is done", I meant I'm done with them if no update by 12/31/12. I'd even let it slide if by that date they give us a solid future date for the update (as long as it's not too far in the future). Sure Sprint is mostly to blame I'm sure, but I can't help but assume HTC is partially the culprit here too.

2 more possible additions to the contest. How many more phones older than ours get jb before us or how many more phones does htc come out with before we get an update.

I like the 2nd one because I keep seeing adds for the GS3 and Note 2 (Samsung hasn't forgotten about them yet) and all I see from HTC is new phones and no love for the evo.

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Why wouldn't the phone that came out later get the update first? That makes no sense at all?.... Should the sgs2 and evo3d get JB before everyone then?...

Latest phone released gets updates first... That's how it always is. And that's how it should be tbh...

zakphi

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

A source of mines informed me that that god-awful dual screen Sprint Kyocera phone that was supposed to be "the next big thing" will receive the JB update before the EVO LTE!!!!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Captain_Throwback

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

sorry to go off-topic, i was just curious. what is going on with cm10 and the sense camera app? i have seen many posts about this, but none of them really explained the problem.
To put it as simply as I can, AOSP can't use the Sense camera, as it requires the Sense framework and drivers. So picture quality in the AOSP camera will always be inferior to Sense because AOSP can only use software drivers, whereas Sense uses the ImageSense hardware and drivers.

So if that's what's holding people back from running CM10, then those people will in fact have to wait for this update to be released, to have both JellyBean and the Sense Camera.

treyguad

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

I will be recieving my GSIII tomorrow by 1PM. They will also let me play around with it for 14 days to decide if I like it. If I do I will send my HTC back. If i don't like the GSIII, I'm hoping the update will be on the phone by then and I will send the GSIII back.

Unless I REALLY like the GSIII.

I've been with Sprint for 12 years, I had complaints in the system generated months ago. They had no choice but to either give me the GSIII or cancel my contract and go elsewhere.

edit:

To the comment above. I've had no issues with HTC until their latest ringtone update which completely corrupted my phone. I've done several hard resets and I'm done wasting my time. Its obviously a known issue/bug so it should have EXTREMELY high priority. I will have both phones to play around with and let you guys know what I find out.

p.s. There are a lot of smart people within these forums...that have tried many different things to fix this and the problems come back even worse than before, with no 3rd party apps, no facebook sync, all this crap. The latest update pushed out by HTC did something and that last update was how long ago? Yeah.....

Hey man what did you say exactly to get that gs3?

Sent from Trey's EVO 4G LTE

Zookeeper63

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site

At the risk of repeating someone else, ATT is GSM and that is what Android was originally written for. Sprint is CDMA and the Android code has to be re-written to work on CDMA. Being all butt-hurt that a GSM phone got JellyBean is ASININE. /end rant

smkyle

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

At the risk of repeating someone else, ATT is GSM and that is what Android was originally written for. Sprint is CDMA and the Android code has to be re-written to work on CDMA. Being all butt-hurt that a GSM phone got JellyBean is ASININE. /end rant

Do you have a source for why CDMA has to be re-written? Not arguing just curious.