Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 53 of 133 FirstFirst ... 50515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3309
Like Tree2031Likes

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Quote Originally Posted by gpdaddy95 View Post
    I promised myself that I wouldn't look for it anymore and just let it come to me. That's been my Vow to all things that are Phil. It's been a hard first day, but I haven't checked. I guess I have to stop smoking next.
    Don't worry...

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

okay i get the whole soff son stuff....no one is answering my question about the new software. I can't root!!!

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

Quote Originally Posted by treyguad View Post
    Alright so I should be good to go as far as CM10 with S-ON? And also what about this whole rooting on 2.13? how?
    For me personally, I couldn't get CM10 to boot all the way until I got S-OFF. Other ROMs I've heard will work without it, however.

Another thing to be mindful of is that some of the rooting/S-OFF applications require being run from a 32-bit operating system. I ran into this snag while I was trying to do it a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by gpdaddy95 View Post
    I promised myself that I wouldn't look for it anymore and just let it come to me. That's been my Vow to all things that are Phil. It's been a hard first day, but I haven't checked. I guess I have to stop smoking next.
    I cannot stop looking I think I need some help

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    heyyu and Mercury81 like this.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

okay i get the whole soff son stuff....no one is answering my question about the new software. I can't root!!!
    Here's a good discussion of the process: Unlocked bootloader, S-Off, AOSP explanation

This thread has all kinds of links to various rooting-related subjects: [ROOT/RECOVERY/ROM/MOD] - Links (updated 6/29)

Edit: And if you don't see it mentioned elsewhere, for the love of god reset your Google Wallet before trying to root if you ever want to be able to use it again. If you've never set it up, then you have nothing to worry about.

ROM
    Sprint Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury81 View Post
    Every hour on the hour, if you don't have JB update. Drink a shot , repeat on and on until it's here! :beer:

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2
    Or until you need a liver transplant.

Alright so I should be good to go as far as CM10 with S-ON? And also what about this whole rooting on 2.13? how?
    Htcevohacks.com has instructions for rooting with 2.13. If you are using TWRP and trying to get CM10 with S-On, it will be stuck at the CM boot screen forever unless you download Flash GUI to flash the right kernel for HBoot 1.15+ with S-On

dskwerl likes this.

I have nothing to add to the JB update, I just wanted to check in, that I'm still here for some reason.
    Its kind of that fun feeling you get when you fall.. hitting the ground is never fun. but I feel the falling part is always great... kind of slow mo about it. I think we are falling and every time we get news we get farther away from the ground and every time we hit the date that it was suppose to happen we smash into the ground.. only till someone takes us up again with a new date, and we continue its madness!

ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by MrJackson View Post
    Htcevohacks.com has instructions for rooting with 2.13. If you are using TWRP and trying to get CM10 with S-On, it will be stuck at the CM boot screen forever unless you download Flash GUI to flash the right kernel for HBoot 1.15+ with S-On

I haven't messed with the whole son flash gui nonsense... It seems much more difficult then gaining soff and just flashing roms. I would just gain soff if it were me,

The root section over here is pretty sparse. Head over to XDA for the most up-to-date rooting information. I rooted months ago when the phone first came out, and I haven't been keeping up with all the latest developments on that front.

A couple of convenient links:
    EVO 4G LTE section at XDA
    Rooting for dummies guide at AF

Another post closer to 2k posts...

Quote Originally Posted by gameaddict8 View Post
    In hell you use Eclair

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums
    Is that because ICS would melt to quickly?
    balansboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spencer311 View Post
    ... Especially if you install the 4.2 nexus gapps. Then you get some pretty cool features from the most resent JB.
    Does the 4.2 Gapps include photosphere? if so, does it work well?

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrJackson View Post
    Found that out the hard way ;-( but I'm back to stock :-)

Yeah, flash GUI is incredible easy. Have ROM downloaded on your phone. Load flash image GUI, hit browse and find your ROM. It located the boot.img and select flash kernel.

Then flash ROM in recovery after full wipe.

Sent from my EVO

ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by walter_pre View Post
    Does the 4.2 Gapps include photosphere? if so, does it work well?
    Yes it does. I tried it once and it worked OK. Kinda cut off one of my buddies arms LOL. I may have done it wrong. I didn't know what it was and I was drunk lol

I still check these forums every now and then just because I was so wrapped in getting the contacts issue fixed. Sprint sent me a GSIII and I haven't been happier. I still hope HTC steps up their game and realize than updates and critical maintenance fixes are important to maintain their base.

Yeah tried it a couple times and it seems to work well not sure how to use it completely though.

sit tight because most users are having bugs with jelly bean.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by mrhankey184 View Post
    I still check these forums every now and then just because I was so wrapped in getting the contacts issue fixed. Sprint sent me a GSIII and I haven't been happier. I still hope HTC steps up their game and realize than updates and critical maintenance fixes are important to maintain their base.
    How did you get Sprint to send you an S3? My phone has been acting weirder and weirder. Today it randomly deleted all of my text messages. Fabulous.

generally if they say "any day now" or whatever they have said repeatedly, then the update will be coming very very soon.

The silence from Sarge and Zmann today has been deafening. Is a mic drop in our near future? ?

Quote Originally Posted by dskwerl View Post
    For me personally, I couldn't get CM10 to boot all the way until I got S-OFF. Other ROMs I've heard will work without it, however.

Another thing to be mindful of is that some of the rooting/S-OFF applications require being run from a 32-bit operating system. I ran into this snag while I was trying to do it a few weeks ago.
    Where is CM10 for the EVOLTE? I don't see it on their website?
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,413 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye99 View Post
    Why do I keep checking when I'm not even going to update till foxfi works with jellybean? I also have 0 issues with my evo.
    You might never be updating, then...
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

In response to finding CM10, Xda developers has it. I believe I got mines from the EVO LTE hacks section of AC though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    How did you get Sprint to send you an S3? My phone has been acting weirder and weirder. Today it randomly deleted all of my text messages. Fabulous.
    I just non stop spam calling them until someone finally gave me 1
Page 53 of 133 FirstFirst ... 50515253545556 ... LastLast