Page 56 of 133 FirstFirst ... 53545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 3309
Like Tree2031Likes

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Quote Originally Posted by Andras View Post
    I'm no programmer or anything, but with the exception of phone manufacturers holding older phones updates back to sell new phones with the new software, to me there is no reason why this is not already done. If a phone can run the software there is no reason we should be left waiting for devs to get in gear. We also should have to do things that void our warranties to update our software without having to wait for said devs.
    You do understand they can't work on all devices at the same time to get them up to date. They have to prioritize them at HTC and then if a carrier wants something done faster/earlier then typically they have to pay HTC extra to cover the resources moved/added...and that's just to get the carrier the build to be run through their testing.

It's not near as easy as most tend to think it is. If it was then the great devs now would have sense JB builds flawlessly working on the EVO now...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I got so excited when I a saw "sarge posted' in my notification bar a nearly crapped. Not nearly as excited when I didn't see him mention a prediction though.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    I love my EVO LTE
    dskwerl likes this.

ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. slaughter View Post
    You do understand they can't work on all devices at the same time to get them up to date. They have to prioritize them at HTC and then if a carrier wants something done faster/earlier then typically they have to pay HTC extra to cover the resources moved/added...and that's just to get the carrier the build to be run through their testing.

It's not near as easy as most tend to think it is. If it was then the great devs now would have sense JB builds flawlessly working on the EVO now...

We do. My phone functions better with cm10 then it does with even mean rom or viper. Not arguing but cm10 is flawless from what I have found. Its the only rom that allows me to use 4glte

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

Quote Originally Posted by spencer311 View Post
    We do. My phone functions better with cm10 then it does with even mean rom or viper. Not arguing but cm10 is flawless from what I have found. Its the only rom that allows me to use 4glte
    I've had a couple of really minor quirks since I've been using it (for a few weeks now.) But I agree that otherwise it's pretty excellent. I installed the 12/6 nightly, and I think the closest I've had to an issue was Google Play crashing once because I didn't have any signal.

Soon guys.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

That write up looks like someone got all of their information by following this form, lol. We drinking? It's early, so , bloody marys or mimosas?

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNeil View Post
    That write up looks like someone got all of their information by following this form, lol. We drinking? It's early, so , bloody marys or mimosas?
    It's better than nothing. Lte & jb this month Sprint!

Gonna drink wine and speedtest lte sat night. In LA

ROM
    Kitkat 4.4.2

Hope it real *fingercrossed*

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. slaughter View Post

I was meaning more in that phone software should be treated like pc software. I would gladly pay a reasonable fee to get the new OS's as soon as it comes out. Then let the phone manufacturer make apps/drivers for whatever they'd like to add after the fact. If I want to get Windows 8 on my desktop I do not have to wait for HP to add their software to do so. I'm sure that there are some monetary/licensing reasons as to why things are done the way they are. The only people who suffer for this is us the end users.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Tyrell View Post
    Me thinks the G1 Android is being shortchanged for Week 2. Where are the topics?
    Probably because it runs on cdma/lte. Cpu just uses wifi, which is a standard Signal.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gameaddict8 View Post
    Soon guys.

Well at least our phone is getting more attention so that at least is a good thing. So HTC and Sprint will have to take notice and see that they do still have a big customer base and if they want to keep it our phone will need to see some love or HTC will lose customers because of this just like Samsung lost customer because of the Epic.

Ice

BigDinCA likes this.

Definitely Bloody Marys: ice, vodka, clamato, worcestershire sauce, pickle juice, olive juice, fresh prepared horseradish, hot sauce, celery salt, lime and then garnish with beef stick, jalapeño stuffed green olive, and a cube of Swiss cheese.

Who's coming over?
    Mercury81 and kbp08tls like this.

ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Definitely Bloody Marys: ice, vodka, clamato, worcestershire sauce, pickle juice, olive juice, fresh prepared horseradish, hot sauce, celery salt, lime and then garnish with beef stick, jalapeño stuffed green olive, and a cube of Swiss cheese.

Who's coming over?
    Wow... that sound delicious... perfect hangover cure for yesterday lol. To bad I'm working already.

Cheers! Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE-uploadfromtaptalk1354893325598.jpg

Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE-uploadfromtaptalk1354893524810.jpg

Has anyone in here noticed a little bit quicker of a drop in battery lately? I am not rooted and have always had excellent battery with this phone, but for the last two weeks I have been having a quick initial drop in the morning from around 7:30 until 10:30 it will drop to about 89% and then it will hold strong for a while, and then by night it will drop again. I was getting around 19-21 hours when I first got the phone, and now I get around 15-16 hours. Just curious if anyone else is experiencing the same thing? Rooted or not rooted, I would love to hear your experience. I would have started another thread, but pretty much everyone is in here, lol.

I will start another thread with this is well.
    Thanked by:

Yes, I have noticed a drop but more of it not lasting me all day. I usually can take it off the charger at 6am and not need to charger it until I go to bed. Now I need to charge it by 4 or 5pm. I thought it had to do with LTE starting to light up in my area, but I haven't tested that.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

Has anyone in here noticed a little bit quicker of a drop in battery lately? I am not rooted and have always had excellent battery with this phone, but for the last two weeks I have been having a quick initial drop in the morning from around 7:30 until 10:30 it will drop to about 89% and then it will hold strong for a while, and then by night it will drop again. I was getting around 19-21 hours when I first got the phone, and now I get around 15-16 hours. Just curious if anyone else is experiencing the same thing? Rooted or not rooted, I would love to hear your experience. I would have started another thread, but pretty much everyone is in here, lol.

I will start another thread with this is well.
    I have my phone plugged in so much that I can't really judge what my battery life actually is. In my car, plugged in. At work, plugged in. At home, I don't use it a whole lot, and it's plugged in all night when I go to bed. In the few occasions I've gone extended periods with it unplugged, it has held up quite well (much better than any prior phone I've had.)

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Andras View Post
    I was meaning more in that phone software should be treated like pc software. I would gladly pay a reasonable fee to get the new OS's as soon as it comes out. Then let the phone manufacturer make apps/drivers for whatever they'd like to add after the fact. If I want to get Windows 8 on my desktop I do not have to wait for HP to add their software to do so. I'm sure that there are some monetary/licensing reasons as to why things are done the way they are. The only people who suffer for this is us the end users.
    A nice thought. The reality is you get that exact thing with the Nexus line (GSM anyway). But for us EVO lovers it would be more like having to wait for HP to push the update to Win8 because they skin it and tweak the hell out of it. Except Microsoft don't play that!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post

Who's coming over?
    Wow, that makes me thirsty and hungry all at once, lol

Why is it always the people with like 1 post who have all this "release" information? Like they joined to tell me this... YOU TELL ME WHY!

ROM
    Stock

I think that this has become the de facto ƎVO thread. We don't really need the rest of the forum for anything at this point. We have discussed the bugs with the last update, the impending JB update, the possibility of the next JB update to 4.2, the Key Lime Pie update (I hope they change that. It sounds so stupid), people and their "trusted" sources, the fact that this thread seems to be the "trusted source" for other sites.

We've discussed battery life, rooting, rooting instructions, S-on S-off, different ROMs, camera issues on CM10 and MeanROM, the politics of HTC and Sprint, T-Mo's price plans, Samsung devices, the Sprint twitter account, Phil coming to this thread, Jerry NOT coming to this thread, the lack of respect for this epic thread. I'm also pretty sure some babies have been conceived while this thread has been growing, a la Woodstock.

We've all padded our post counts, talked of the demise of the InsideSprintNow guy, issues with AT&T and their JB updates, seen the Loch Ness monster (page 11 - check it out), extolled the virtues of XDA and all of the developers out there, Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory, Android fragmentation - pros and cons, posts with horrible grammar and punctuation (yes, it matters folks! Have some pride in yourself.), HTC and the update process, who really pushes out the OTA and hatred for Apple.

We've seen Fred Sanford and Cartman, along with John Stewart, several new users made their first posts here and learned some ins and outs of Google Now, the differences between GSM and CDMA and what it means for the Nexus devices out there, Sprint and the LTE rollout, the magic HTC fairy in Arizona, Siri sucks, liver failure, iPhone and GS3 activations, the fact that half of our wives have a Nexus or GS3 w/JB already and last but certainly not least - bloody mary recipes. Hallelujah! Holy S#@t! (just to keep everyone in the Christmas spirit)

If this isn't recognized as the best f'ing thread on a website in the history of the internet... then I am never getting online again! EVER!

Except to check for the update again in a few minutes.
    Last edited by BigDinCA; 12-07-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

Quote Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
    I think that this has become the de facto ƎVO thread. We don't really need the rest of the forum for anything at this point. We have discussed the bugs with the last update, the impending JB update, the possibility of the next JB update to 4.2, the Key Lime Pie update (I hope they change that. It sounds so stupid), people and their "trusted" sources, the fact that this thread seems to be the "trusted source" for other sites.

We've discussed battery life, rooting, rooting instructions, S-on S-off, different ROMs, camera issues on CM10 and MeanROM, the politics of HTC and Sprint, T-Mo's price plans, Samsung devices, the Sprint twitter account, Phil coming to this thread, Jerry NOT coming to this thread, the lack of respect for this epic thread. I'm also pretty sure some babies have been conceived while this thread has been growing, a la Woodstock.

We've all padded our post counts, talked of the demise of the InsideSprintNow guy, issue swith AT&T and their JB updates, seen the Loch Ness monster (page 11 - check it out), extolled the virtues of XDA and all of the developers out there, Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory, Android fragmentation - pros and cons, posts with horrible grammar and punctuation (yes, it matters folks! Have some pride in yourself.), HTC and the update process, who really pushes out the OTA and hatred for Apple.

We've seen Fred Sanford and Cartman, along with John Stewart, several new users made their first posts here and learned some ins and outs of Google Now, the differences between GSM and CDMA and what it means for the Nexus devices out there, Sprint and the LTE rollout, the magic HTC fairy in Arizona, Siri sucks, liver failure, iPhone and GS3 activations, the fact that half of our wives have a Nexus or GS3 w/JB already and last but certainly not least - bloody mary recipes.

If this isn't recognized as the best f'ing thread on a website in the history of the internet... then I am never getting online again! EVER!

Except to check for the update again in a few minutes.
    You win. Everything. Either you've been following along really closely, or spent a ton of effort going back and documenting every plot twist over the course of this thread.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock rom netarchy kernel

Quote Originally Posted by dskwerl View Post
    You win. Everything. Either you've been following along really closely, or spent a ton of effort going back and documenting every plot twist over the course of this thread.
    It's what I like about this forum. Most places shut down threads for going off topic. I don't post much but, I've loved this thread. It's now my daily entertainment.
    I'll be happy to see an update if it fixes anything. MeanROM has almost gotten it perfect. The multitasking still leaves a little room for improvement.
    Carry on!
    MeanROM 4G LTE

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dskwerl View Post
    Nope - been posting since day 1. First post was #17, most recent was #1397. I really need a life.
Page 56 of 133 FirstFirst ... 53545556575859 ... LastLast