Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 57 of 133 FirstFirst ... 54555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 3309
Like Tree2031Likes

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Quote Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
    Nope - been posting since day 1. First post was #17, most recent was #1397. I really need a life.
    That's what I meant by following along really closely. I've been reading since page 2 or 3, and only started posting in the last couple of days. But I certainly don't remember all the various tangents we've gone on since then. But it's been a highly entertaining journey, none the less.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spencer311 View Post
    I think we all know what that means... Drink!!!
    Missed this last night. Does using Whiskey in my steak marinade count? Or do i have to make up for last night after work today?

Went to check the news tab on sprint zone and got this. I maybe it's info jelly bean... it's nice to dream

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE-uploadfromtaptalk1354903029500.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by dodgermspt View Post
    Went to check the news tab on sprint zone and got this. I maybe it's info jelly bean... it's nice to dream

I got the same..

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

Just doing my part to get to 1500

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

Quote Originally Posted by koam View Post
    Just doing my part to get to 1500
    Only 1500? I was just thinking earlier if the update would come first, or this thread hitting 2000. It's gotten pretty popular recently.

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Well, I have had to wipe and then reload my contacts storage data 3 times since this thread started in order to get People, Contacts, and Voicemail to work for a week at a time. Data in contacts storage starts at 7 MB and then doubles in a few days and eventually triples to 25 MB at which point the whole phone bogs down. So long as the update fixes that, I will be happy and will eat Jelly Beans for the winter holidays. Hopefully Jelly Bean arrives before Easter.

Quote Originally Posted by koam View Post
    Just doing my part to get to 1500 2000
    FTFY

Another post closer to 2000...
    dskwerl likes this.

ROM
    Stock on both for now.

I think that this has become the de facto ƎVO thread. We don't really need the rest of the forum for anything at this point. We have discussed the bugs with the last update, the impending JB update, the possibility of the next JB update to 4.2, the Key Lime Pie update (I hope they change that. It sounds so stupid), people and their "trusted" sources, the fact that this thread seems to be the "trusted source" for other sites.

We've discussed battery life, rooting, rooting instructions, S-on S-off, different ROMs, camera issues on CM10 and MeanROM, the politics of HTC and Sprint, T-Mo's price plans, Samsung devices, the Sprint twitter account, Phil coming to this thread, Jerry NOT coming to this thread, the lack of respect for this epic thread. I'm also pretty sure some babies have been conceived while this thread has been growing, a la Woodstock.

We've all padded our post counts, talked of the demise of the InsideSprintNow guy, issues with AT&T and their JB updates, seen the Loch Ness monster (page 11 - check it out), extolled the virtues of XDA and all of the developers out there, Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory, Android fragmentation - pros and cons, posts with horrible grammar and punctuation (yes, it matters folks! Have some pride in yourself.), HTC and the update process, who really pushes out the OTA and hatred for Apple.

We've seen Fred Sanford and Cartman, along with John Stewart, several new users made their first posts here and learned some ins and outs of Google Now, the differences between GSM and CDMA and what it means for the Nexus devices out there, Sprint and the LTE rollout, the magic HTC fairy in Arizona, Siri sucks, liver failure, iPhone and GS3 activations, the fact that half of our wives have a Nexus or GS3 w/JB already and last but certainly not least - bloody mary recipes. Hallelujah! Holy S#@t! (just to keep everyone in the Christmas spirit)

If this isn't recognized as the best f'ing thread on a website in the history of the internet... then I am never getting online again! EVER!

Except to check for the update again in a few minutes.
    Yeah, what he said but with cuss words.

There's always time to do it right the second time.

Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Nexus 7 (2012)

Retired
    HTC EVO 4G LTE
    HTC EVO 4G (Original)

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jwbekens View Post
    Well, I have had to wipe and then reload my contacts storage data 3 times since this thread started in order to get People, Contacts, and Voicemail to work for a week at a time. Data in contacts storage starts at 7 MB and then doubles in a few days and eventually triples to 25 MB at which point the whole phone bogs down. So long as the update fixes that, I will be happy and will eat Jelly Beans for the winter holidays. Hopefully Jelly Bean arrives before Easter.
    Don't sync with facebook

What a coincidence.....AC just did an article on the best wine apps, and some of you were just discussing drinking,lol.

Thanked by:
    dskwerl and YvesStLawrence like this.

I wonder how many server hits have occurred since 11/14 specifically for "check for updates?" Speaking only for myself, 9123 times.

Server monitor at HTC: "ok who the hell said something in the forums again about the update?" as the systems go down due to erratic spikes of us checking for updates constantly.

All I see is Nexus 6
    YvesStLawrence likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJackson View Post
    What a coincidence.....AC just did an article on the best wine apps, and some of you were just discussing drinking,lol.

Would you like some cheese w/ that wine
    Thanked by:
    YvesStLawrence likes this.

If this isn't recognized as the best f'ing thread on a website in the history of the internet... then I am never getting online again! EVER!

Except to check for the update again in a few minutes.
    LOL, not even close. There was a thread on Acurazine awhile back that blew up all over the fora. Some dude complained about his wife complaining about all the time and money he spends on his car, she found the thread and completely OWNED him, hilarity ensues. People were checking in from all over the world to witness the carnage and it nearly crashed their servers from all the traffic. I'll see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: Found it! My wife and my side chick aka my tl
    Ownage occurs on post 44, OP tries to defend himself only to make things worse, hilarity ensues. I remember trying to keep up with it in real time and it was literally impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by kbp08tls View Post
    LOL, not even close. There was a thread on Acurazine awhile back that blew up all over the fora. Some dude complained about his wife complaining about all the time and money he spends on his car, she found the thread and completely OWNED him, hilarity ensues. People were checking in from all over the world to witness the carnage and it nearly crashed their servers from all the traffic. I'll see if I can dig it up.
    I'd like to see this.

Provolone please!!!! Goes good with my Zinfandel.

Something strange going on with update checks now every time I try it......instead of coming back with "No update available", it has started coming back with a random pattern of one of these ....."Bwahahahah" ..."Bite me"..."LOL-LOL"....or...."Kiss my A$$".....I can't quite figure it all out.
    jayhay312 likes this.

I got rid of the Facebook sync, wiped my contacts and re-imported from Google. It worked flawlessly for several weeks, but now its back. Sad face.
    Quote Originally Posted by geomatrix View Post
    Don't sync with facebook

I was pissed off about my EVO not receiving JB so I started to read this thread. After countless minutes of laughing I damn near forgot why I was pissed off

GREATEST THREAD EVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thepowerofdonuts View Post
    I'd like to see this.
    See edit.

Quote Originally Posted by gameaddict8 View Post
    It's better than nothing. Lte & jb this month Sprint!

Gonna drink wine and speedtest lte sat night. In LA

that article said zip about when an update was coming or even if one was. Lol

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Andras View Post
    I was meaning more in that phone software should be treated like pc software. I would gladly pay a reasonable fee to get the new OS's as soon as it comes out. Then let the phone manufacturer make apps/drivers for whatever they'd like to add after the fact. If I want to get Windows 8 on my desktop I do not have to wait for HP to add their software to do so. I'm sure that there are some monetary/licensing reasons as to why things are done the way they are. The only people who suffer for this is us the end users.
    Yeah phone OS isn't near as easy like that is... Many more factors here esp when you toss on the OEM overlay that's done... I can understand about nexus devices waiting for JB and being pissed about how long that took, but with OEMs overlays it'll never be as easy as desktop updates...not possible $ wise really...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by dodgermspt View Post

a refresh fixes that

Quote Originally Posted by 84guy View Post
    a refresh fixes that
    Got my hopes up

How far are we from 2000? Does it show it anywhere on mobile?
Page 57 of 133 FirstFirst ... 54555657585960 ... LastLast