Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

From your lips to Dan Hesse's.

BTW, your independent confirmation wasn't @sprintcares on Twitter like the article on your competitor's site was it?

Wait, so you want it to go from Phil's lips to Dan Hesse's lips? That's a little creepy. What an enormously gay NASCAR-smartphone-Network Vision-Android-HTC make out session that would be.

But I trust that Phil wouldn't have come in here and mentioned it if he wasn't confident that his information was solid. I guess the 118,000 views are getting us somewhere. With AC anyway. Maybe not with HTC and Sprint, but I guess we'll take what we can get.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

How trustworthy is this source? There have been several so far. I'm sure yours is probably the most credible, but we're all a little under the weather as far as this update is concerned.

Spoken like a true ƎVO fanatic (like the rest of us here): "I don't care if the head M'er F'er in charge of Android Central gives me some inside info - I want to know the credibility of the source!"

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

The fact that PHIL dropped us a bone lends more to the credibility of an impending update than anything I've read thusfar about "my friend at Sprint who is married to an undisclosed HTC Vice President's mistress' cousin". Now I BELIEVE we're getting an update (no offense ZMann, just sayin'). Looking forward to the update and I promise to let it come to me instead of checking every morning when I wake up. I promise to calmly look forward to getting Google Now instead of drooling over every post in this thread while silently cursing the intellectually challenged CS Reps at Sprint and HTC. I shall call these promises my "VOW TO ALL THAT IS PHIL". So it is written, so it shall be done.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Spoken like a true ƎVO fanatic (like the rest of us here): "I don't care if the head M'er F'er in charge of Android Central gives me some inside info - I want to know the credibility of the source!"

As Drew Brees would say "Where is the Evidence"?!!?

guitarfish

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

I heard the Mayan's just got Jelly Bean, before us, dang it. And they'll only use it for what, 2 more weeks?

I bought my EVO LTE on 11/14, the same day this thread was started. HTC and Sprint have done a horrid job with this update on every level, this is painfully evident. I can?t invest the emotional energy of checking for updates manually every day, I?ll let you guys do that. When people start posting that they got Jelly Bean (hey, maybe it will come out on Easter, heh heh), then I?ll check for the update. In the meantime?enjoy your EVO LTE?s.

Incidentally, I get the 1233 error checking for firmware update on wifi, but it just says no updates available when using 3G.

guitarfish

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

After reading this entire thread today my brain is fried.

"We have your Jelly Bean update, if you'll just look right here at the red light..."
Neuralizer1.jpg

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

lol at half of you. Hugz to the other half. ;)

Unfortunately there are too many personal identifiers in what I'm looking at to post it here. There's also not a whole lot to what I've got, other than it refers to "the upcoming update."

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

Unfortunately there are too many personal identifiers in what I'm looking at to post it here. There's also not a whole lot to what I've got, other than it refers to "the upcoming update."
It's cool. It's cool - we know you and Danny are tight. We're not looking to get anyone in hot water. We trust you.

Though the timeliness of your ƎVO review makes me a little skeptical about your love for this device. But just a little.

Also, there are 1172 posts in here, so can you get going on a spreadsheet of who gets the hugs and who gets laughed at. And by "hugz" I assume you mean free Lloyd t-shirts.

AeonZeroX

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site

Though thanks again boss man. Regardless to those complaining any news is better than no news/silence that most of us have dealt with. Though i do find it entertaining the view count on this is nearly as high as all other posts in the HTC EVO LTE forum combined.

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Screenshots are screenshots. It's understandable...

BUT THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!!

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Phil have you read through this entire thread?
I bet that you must be getting some good laughs
Seeing us go back and forth on this thread?
It is too comical how funny an upcoming update to a phone can cause this much commotion.

Can we get this thread voted
" Thread of the year"

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

Though the timeliness of your ƎVO review makes me a little skeptical about your love for this device. But just a little.

Lol. Folks read WAY too much into my procrastination there. And how quickly we forget that I'm the one who stuck up for it from the start. (And from an airplane on the way home from the launch event, no less.)

The EVO 4G LTE isn't the HTC One X - it might be better

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

The fact that PHIL dropped us a bone lends more to the credibility of an impending update than anything I've read thusfar about "my friend at Sprint who is married to an undisclosed HTC Vice President's mistress' cousin". Now I BELIEVE we're getting an update (no offense ZMann, just sayin'). Looking forward to the update and I promise to let it come to me instead of checking every morning when I wake up. I promise to calmly look forward to getting Google Now instead of drooling over every post in this thread while silently cursing the intellectually challenged CS Reps at Sprint and HTC. I shall call these promises my "VOW TO ALL THAT IS PHIL". So it is written, so it shall be done.

No offense taken. I know what I know and really not concerned what others think,, I totally understand what you mean. I have not been around because I've been dealing with the death of my best friend. Phil coming out and saying this is definitely great to hear.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

No offense taken. I know what I know and really not concerned what others think,, I totally understand what you mean. I have not been around because I've been dealing with the death of my best friend. Phil coming out and saying this is definitely great to hear.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

That's sucks balls, man. You don't worry about this trivial crap. Deal with your stuff. Stay subscribed to the thread and we'll let you know when it comes. Usually we're all just a bunch of a-holes here, but not enough to bust your balls while you're going through that. At least I hope we're not that bad.

God bless.

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

That's sucks balls, man. You don't worry about this trivial crap. Deal with your stuff. Stay subscribed to the thread and we'll let you know when it comes. Usually we're all just a bunch of a-holes here, but not enough to bust your balls while you're going through that. At least I hope we're not that bad.

God bless.

I re read my post and I wish I worded it better lol. Thanks. This thread is a classic for sure. ;)

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

I gave up - just flashed my EVO LTE to CM10 with the 4.2 camera/gallery and it works perfectly. Have fun with the thread, folks!

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

This thread is a classic for sure. ;)

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

So true. With Phil on board it got some head-honcho juice.

Now if we can just get Jerry in here for awhile it may become an all-time epic thread.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke