Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 60 of 133 FirstFirst ... 57585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 3309
Like Tree2031Likes

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Urge for CM10 rising. Been in this thread from Day 1 and it's only led to disappointment and crying in the fetal position.
    BigDinCA likes this.

how in hell did you fake this?

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by LongBong311420 View Post
    how in hell did you fake this?
    It's not fake. Just the most recent maintenance update. You can tell by the 171 MB size

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts

Well, I finally have made the switch. Sprint has agreed to swap out my Evo for an SG3. Got tired of the multiple problems with this device (contact lag, sense restarting, random rebooting). I think it's time for me to try something different. Not that Samsung doesn't have their own problems, but I think it looks like a great device.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100

Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    Didn't you just say it was coming out in a matter of days?
    Yeah I did and then it didn't drop on the day initially shown to me and I stated such here a lil earlier it looked bleak to happen when I initially said because of such.

I will say sprint should start doing what Telstra does on their site. They update every week with a post about all device updates and the current status of them whether it be HTC delay or in house testing delays... HTC has delayed the OneX build drop to them since first week of Nov, and each week they post a new expected drop from HTC...

Sprint doing that would be huge for consumers like us that care about such... It also keeps HTC on their toes as its out in open they are the reason for delay.

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Didn't you just say it was coming out in a matter of days?
    I said no such thing

Quote Originally Posted by hilker09 View Post
    Well, I finally have made the switch. Sprint has agreed to swap out my Evo for an SG3. Got tired of the multiple problems with this device (contact lag, sense restarting, random rebooting). I think it's time for me to try something different. Not that Samsung doesn't have their own problems, but I think it looks like a great device.

How'd you get them to do that? I tried the same and apparently they'd rather let me walk...lol.

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noble One View Post
    How'd you get them to do that? I tried the same and apparently they'd rather let me walk...lol.
    My problems had been documented for over a month. I had someone back at the end of October tell me to take it into a repair facility. I did so, and they were unable to resolve the problem (camera app would let me take a picture, but would then show SD card as not present. I'd lose the picture, and would have to reboot). In fact, when they did a hard reset, I lost the fix that has been done for the assignment of personalized ringtones. This, plus the ongoing saga with the contact lag, was more than I could stand.

The guy who I worked with in October called me back at the end of November, and when I told him my ongoing problems, he offered to swap out the phone. He had to send me another htc, initially, but when that replacement had the same problems, he was able to offer me another device.

Last edited by hilker09; 12-08-2012 at 09:30 AM.
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100

No longer feel like ing about sprint techs after helping a friend deal with T-Mobile tecs. There is No prl update button on T-Mobile phones and you need to call T-Mobile to change prls... So I call them up only to be shuffled between 12 reps because No one at T-Mobile knows ftw a prl is and was repeatedly asked if I meant a software update... T-Mobile sucks worse than sprint by far

Where the hell is this update? I feel so misled, I've been waiting forever...

Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsShellz View Post
    Where the hell is this update? I feel so misled, I've been waiting forever...

Pad phone 2 getting it.
    ASUS PadFone 2 receiving Jelly Bean OTA | Android Central

Also, why do you feel misled? Sprint never guaranteed it, nor HTC. They are probably fixing connection issues & contact/dialer issues.
    mstrblueskys likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gameaddict8 View Post
    Pad phone 2 getting it.

Also, why do you feel misled? Sprint never guaranteed it, nor HTC. They are probably fixing connection issues & contact/dialer issues.
    When you buy a flagship phone, you assume it will be maintained with current software for at least a year. Maybe it's a poor assumption, but that's where the frustrations come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
    I have a couple of questions, while we're all sitting around waiting for this update: for the people who have the contacts and messaging issues, have you guys swapped out phones?
    I've had the new phone for about a week and a half and no contact issues yet. I'm not sure if I have different apps or not, I know I left some off that I just never used, but I don't remember which ones. I may investigate that when I have some more free time.

@bluespider117:

That would be because TMo is a GSM carrier. PRL updates are a CDMA thing; the PRL equivalent on GSM is automated and usually not user-initiated.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPuddin View Post
    I've had the new phone for about a week and a half and no contact issues yet. I'm not sure if I have different apps or not, I know I left some off that I just never used, but I don't remember which ones. I may investigate that when I have some more free time.
    I have problems with google voice reloading. It might be the app though.

Clear out your phone app if you're having calling/phone history issues.

When you buy a flagship phone, you assume it will be maintained with current software for at least a year. Maybe it's a poor assumption, but that's where the frustrations come from.
    the evolte will get jb, it just takes longer since it's a carrier specific device. compared to the gnex & gs3 (which on on many networks)

Pad phone 2 getting it.

Seriously? How can you not feel misled or let down right now?

The EVO line is supposed to have some prestige to it. Saying you have latest and greatest Evo should be a name drop. At least that's how I felt when u got the phone. Now?... Is that the phone from that stupid let's play music on our phones because the actual phone part doesn't work for a damn ad?

So yeah, after buying a flagship phone and then having it run an old version of android and not even run it well, I'm feeling the slightest but misled
    Thanked by:

It's not a specific app. Don't waste your time.

Seriously? How can you not feel misled or let down right now?

The EVO line is supposed to have some prestige to it. Saying you have latest and greatest Evo should be a name drop. At least that's how I felt when u got the phone. Now?... Is that the phone from that stupid let's play music on our phones because the actual phone part doesn't work for a damn ad?

So yeah, after buying a flagship phone and then having it run an old version of android and not even run it well, I'm feeling the slightest but misled
    I don't like it, but I have been enjoying the newer jb apps like gmail, youtube and nova launcher skins. The phone has a lot of problems, but I am satisfied so far. JB will be a nice bonus

I don't like it, but I have been enjoying the newer jb apps like gmail, youtube and nova launcher skins. The phone has a lot of problems, but I am satisfied so far. JB will be a nice bonus
    You have extremely low standards when you buy a phone like this and are "satisfied" with this many known issues and zero acknowledgement from the manufacturer or carrier

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7#AC View Post
    It's not a specific app. Don't waste your time.

As opposed to just complaining about it? It isn't just the update either. If it were then everyone would have the issues. I don't have them, and this thread is full of people who also say they don't have the issues. So it's a combination of the update, an app (or apps) and some integration into the dialer or contacts. If anyone knew for sure there would have been a fix for it right out of the box, either by HTC or by the developers out there.

You have extremely low standards when you buy a phone like this and are "satisfied" with this many known issues and zero acknowledgement from the manufacturer or carrier
    You're right, my tolerance is higher than most people. All phones have problems though, even best sellers like the gs3 and ip5. The 4.04 update did fix problems, like the menu button & wallet.

Sprint EVO 4G LTE update brings fixes - and Sense 4.1 | Android Central

I would expect 4.1.1 to do the same.
    BigDinCA likes this.

I haven't listened to it yet, but apparently they mention our plight on the newest Android Central Podcast, which came out yesterday. Notes from it say:

Thing 3: Other odds and ends SwiftKey Flow now available we go finger-on Hot in the forums: The impending EVO 4G LTE update

This is off topic, but does anyone in here use chrome? I use the stock browser and really have no problem with it at all. I have heard great things about chrome, but haven't tried it out yet. I don't plan on syncing it with my computer, so is there any real advantage to using it?

Thanks in advance.

the evolte will get jb, it just takes longer since it's a carrier specific device. compared to the gnex & gs3 (which on on many networks)
    No, I recognize that which is why I haven't tried in earnest to get a different model phone. When I was having the contacts related issues, I was ready to pay an ETF and get a Nexus 4. Now that they switched out my phone and Sprint's service improved a bit in Washington DC, I can play the waiting game.

But I don't think people should have their disappointment discounted just because no one ever said the Evo would get Jelly Bean. I think if Sprint were a little more forthcoming with information, people would probably be less annoyed. My suspicion is that there are some serious problems with the Evo that would require some refunds if Sprint or HTC told us what is going on (I base that on the LTE-issues documented by s4gru.com and that I definitely have on both my new Evo and the Evo I ordered on launch day, the contacts related issues, and the network connection issues). I could also just be jumping at shadows.
Page 60 of 133 FirstFirst ... 57585960616263 ... LastLast