Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Quote Originally Posted by Geezerb View Post
    What messenger app are you using? Handcent admitted to this problem

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    at first i was using go sms(but then for some strange reason the settings would get reset like everyday and it got annoying and i do believe i had this problem with go sms as well) then i switched back to stock.

I'm using GO SMS and I've been having these issues with group text/mms from anyone with an iphone. The go sms app also freezes any time a text is received. Quick responses are impossible, and this has resulted in my evo being turned into a frisbee, on multiple occasions. I don't even care about jelly bean, I just want to be able to respond to a text in less than 2 minutes.
    HTC Evo LTE

To hell with it. Going CM10.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    dskwerl, Va1ha11a and kbp08tls like this.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

The problem of receiving the same text messages multiple times is a Sprint issue.

It's not due to your friend using iPhone and it's not due to you using Go SMS.

Two possible causes are - a problem with the cell tower that Sprint is using to connect to your phone, or a problem with the Airave system (not necessarily your Airave, but the whole or regional system - if you have Airave).

I tested and investigated this issue with Sprint a week ago. I received multiple messages from another Sprint user, and when I sent text messages to myself. Same thing happened with GO SMS installed and after it was uninstalled. Same thing happened with 2 different Airaves and with no Airave at all.

Documented here, where my user name is koam:

While the problem has subsided, It happened once again yesterday. I haven't kept testing by sending myself texts.
    Thanked by 5:
    bc2k and YvesStLawrence like this.

From 1:00 -4:00 I will be watching Steelers football and will be unable to check updates. I trust someone here will be checking and keeping us informed.

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2
    Thanked by:
    PittsPgh, zmann and Zach409 like this.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom Reborn

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury81 View Post
    From 1:00 -4:00 I will be watching Steelers football and will be unable to check updates. I trust someone here will be checking and keeping us informed.

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2
    I'll be watching as well big Ben does today.

Paul
    Mercury81 and Zach409 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PittsPgh View Post
    I'll be watching as well big Ben does today.

Paul
    How can you cheer for a ******? He should be in prison not getting millions for playing football

Typed with Swiftkey flow beta
    Zookeeper63 and TEEMILL like this.

Oh boy...
    Thanked by:
    Va1ha11a and kaablewy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdbloch View Post
    Same thing here when texting with iPhone users

It's an I phone issue seeing that it only happens to me when an iphone user is texting me.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.

Quote Originally Posted by smkyle View Post
    How can you cheer for a ******? He should be in prison not getting millions for playing football

Hey they don't call it the National Felon League for nothing!

Same here, and its actually been happening to more then just ppl on Sprint, and I was ready to throw this phone out the window it was doing it so much, I guess just another bug ?

Whenever my brother sends me a text message from his iPhone it always comes through as a multi media message even though there are no pictures
    BigDinCA likes this.

I hope all of you watch MKBHD on YouTube because he knows alot about android and I completely agree with him in this video. After watching this it made me appreciate how great this Evo LTE really is. we have a great phone guys!

Quote Originally Posted by smokin221 View Post
    Whenever my brother sends me a text message from his iPhone it always comes through as a multi media message even though there are no pictures
    I think it depends upon how they send the text from the iPhone. I get texts from coworkers who have iPhones. They send them to my work cell phone, which is a feature phone on AT&T. Sometimes it cones through as a text message, and sometimes its a multimedia message, even though its only a text.

Quote Originally Posted by treyguad View Post
    I hope all of you watch MKBHD on YouTube because he knows alot about android and I completely agree with him in this video. After watching this it made me appreciate how great this Evo LTE really is. we have a great phone guys!

I only made it to the 5 min mark before I wanted to shoot myself. Lol.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.
    sgt. slaughter likes this.

Hey zmann your back! Any news on what's going on? I wrote a letter to Mr. Hesse because I'm so pissed at sprint's scattered customer care replies and got the phone # to one of his assistants. Going to call this Timothy B. Guy Monday to see if I can get some answers straight from corporate because tech support is all over the place for both sprint and HTC.
    Thanked by:
    YvesStLawrence likes this.

Yeah, it would be a great phone if it would just work as advertised....I don't even care about JB, if they would just fix what's not working right
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by bluespyder117 View Post
    Hey zmann your back! Any news on what's going on? I wrote a letter to Mr. Hesse because I'm so pissed at sprint's scattered customer care replies and got the phone # to one of his assistants. Going to call this Timothy B. Guy Monday to see if I can get some answers straight from corporate because tech support is all over the place for both sprint and HTC.
    Tech support will be more on money than a Hesse CS rep most likely... Those ppl typically deal with plans and accounts most of the time.... Not OTAs and such.

I have nothing new that has not already being said. There is an update that's obviously been delayed . unless you sign a formal document with your blood you are just considered to be a fountain of misinformation so for that reason I have taking the 5th. Lol.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.
    Zookeeper63 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. slaughter View Post
    Tech support will be more on money than a Hesse CS rep most likely... Those ppl typically deal with plans and accounts most of the time.... Not OTAs and such.

Hesse's hessians have no info. Been there done that. All they could say was "sorry" and recommend a tech looking at my phone to fix my issues :rolleyes:

Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,206 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by treyguad View Post
    Amazingly high quality video recording, nice speaking voice, good effects, and good content.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by:
    koam 
    koam, kaablewy and Mercury81 like this.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom Reborn

Quote Originally Posted by smkyle View Post

You didn't have to go there. I was referring to the injuries he just got over.

Quote Originally Posted by PittsPgh View Post
    You didn't have to go there. I was referring to the injuries he just got over.
    Looks like his team needs to hurry up and get over the beat down the Chargers are giving them,lol.

ROM
    Stock-unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    It's an I phone issue seeing that it only happens to me when an iphone user is texting me.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    I get it from my daughter on her OG Evo, my other daughter on her LTE Viper and my GF on her LTEvo...it's Sprint
    CrackBerry Curve 9330 > BlackBerry Tour 9630 > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 4G LTE > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Amazingly high quality video recording, nice speaking voice, good effects, and good content.

He has a great collection of technology review videos, with 128K+ subscribers and over 12 million video views. He's in college at Stevens Institute of Technology. I went to HS and B-School with his dad.
    Funny thing is I just found him by chance through Empire Ave...I recognized the last name and his town where his dad's on town council.

YvesStLawrence likes this.
Page 63 of 133 FirstFirst ... 60616263646566 ... LastLast