Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 72 of 133 FirstFirst ... 69707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 3309
Like Tree2031Likes
  1. #1776  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by tt0h View Post
    Don't get me wrong - I'm not discounting the people that ARE having issues.
    Many people on here have many different problems but let's not forget that the phone has the real problem not the people
    tt0h likes this.
  2. #1777  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Meg Whitman says a JB update is in the plans...

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  3. #1778  
    eXplicit815's Avatar

    Posts
    136 Posts
    ROM
    Sprint Stock

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by gameaddict8 View Post
    I'll excuse the evo 3d ics upgrade since they were coming from 2.3.x (a fairly huge ui jump), the photon 4g never even got any ICS. I'm sure those users would rather have a buggy version than the crappy $100 moto credit.

    Also, ICS came out 12/2011, evo 3d got it in August 2011. 8 months not 12 months.

    A 5 month turnaround time is actually fast for HTC, esp since the 1X int came out before the evolte. It just feels longer, since Samsung beat them to the punch this time.
    It was actually released in October of 2011, so 10 months. I said year as an exaggeration, but not to the severity that you tried to point out.
    TonyLibations likes this.
  4. #1779  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by eXplicit815 View Post
    It was actually released in October of 2011, so 10 months. I said year as an exaggeration, but not to the severity that you tried to point out.
    In my mind, I always say Dec since that's when the Verizon version came out. GSM version always get it first anyways.
  5. #1780  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    2,099 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,418 Global Posts

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by tt0h View Post
    If you're on Sprint, and bought the phone on contract, you didn't pay nearly what the phone is worth.
    You are right, we are paying a lot MORE than what the phone is worth, built into the monthly fees for two years. I would much rather have the option to buy any phone I want, at full but market-discounted rates, and pay much less for service and with no contracts. I really, really would love the option to buy any phone I want and use that phone on any carrier I want... but I know that is REALLY asking too much (at least in the USA).
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by:
  6. #1781  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    2,099 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,418 Global Posts

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by dskwerl View Post
    I use Exchange and it works just fine.
    LOL- I would normally say that is an oxymoron. Oxymoron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    BroadcastJunkie likes this.
  7. #1782  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by tt0h View Post
    imagine walking into Central Park in NYC and screaming "I have herpes!"
    So...uh...what exactly is it you think would happen if you did this?
  8. #1783  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by smkyle View Post
    January 3rd is the new date. Without going into too many specifics, I captured several cane toads and boiled them for a few hours. Then I drained the water and let it evaporate in the sun. Finally I vaporized the residue and inhaled deeply. I subsequently conversed with Peter Chou, Dan Hesse, and a guy claiming to be Jesus. They all told me January 3rd

    Typed with Swiftkey flow beta
    Funny.... I said this last week I believe...

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  9. #1784  
    koam's Avatar

    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by smkyle View Post
    January 3rd is the new date. Without going into too many specifics, I captured several cane toads and boiled them for a few hours. Then I drained the water and let it evaporate in the sun. Finally I vaporized the residue and inhaled deeply. I subsequently conversed with Peter Chou, Dan Hesse, and a guy claiming to be Jesus. They all told me January 3rd

    Typed with Swiftkey flow beta

    What year?
  10. #1785  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by koam View Post
    What year?
    Funny.... I said this last week I believe right after Sarge's post. Must say my sources Trump his anonymous pipe dreams

    Typed with Swiftkey flow beta
  11. #1786  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by smkyle View Post
    January 3rd is the new date. Without going into too many specifics, I captured several cane toads and boiled them for a few hours. Then I drained the water and let it evaporate in the sun. Finally I vaporized the residue and inhaled deeply. I subsequently conversed with Peter Chou, Dan Hesse, and a guy claiming to be Jesus. They all told me January 3rd

    Typed with Swiftkey flow beta
    Picture of toad or it didn't happen.:o

    sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2
    Thanked by 2:
    YvesStLawrence likes this.
  12. #1787  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Destroyed my phone and came out on top!

    This morning I was driving and I looked over and the woman in the car next to me was texting while driving. There's nothing in the world that makes me as mad as people texting and driving so I rolled my window down to throw something at her. She took a Nolan Ryan heater to the window, but I was so drunk that I had accidentally thrown my phone at her instead of the beer bottle next to it. So next thing I know I'm slamming on the breaks so I can go back and get it. I stopped my car and ran out on the freeway looking for it and this car comes hurtling towards me. It swerved at the last minute and scraped along the guard rail for a while before finally coming to a stop. This guy comes running out with his hand on his holster screaming at me and threatening me with all sorts of stuff. Finally I find my phone and hold it up and start explaining what happened. He started to calm down a bit, and to make things right I let him finish off the joint I'd been working on. He took a few to the face and gave me a grin and headed back to his car. Definitely the nicest cop I've ever met. So I finally get my kids dropped off at preschool and head to the sprint store to get a new phone. I walk up to the tech counter.

    Me: my phone stopped working this morning
    Tech: have you tried taking out the battery for 15 se....
    Me: Gggrahhhhh!!!!!!

    I lunged at him like a blitzing Lawrence Taylor but tripped and fell on a power cord draped across the floor. I smacked my head on the corner of a display cabinet and started gushing blood all over. The tech is just staring at me doing something between laughing to death and offering to help. In my shame and humiliation I start threatening the guy.

    Me: I'm gonna sue you guys for everything you have.
    Tech: Our legal department handles all litigation, but I can give you their num...
    Me: GRRAHHHRRRGGGGG!!!

    I think between the blood, the look on my face, and the now uncomfortable customers, the guy finally decided to negotiate. Next thing I know dude is ordering me a Galaxy Note 2 to replace my busted EVO LTE.

    But I'm just gonna sell the note and buy another EVO. The phone rocks. HAHA Suckas!!!

    Here's a shot of my splash screen. It saves me every time I take my phone in after bricking it.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE-splash1.jpg  
  13. #1788  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by pa50i View Post
    1. Leave basement.
    2. Find girl.
    3. Ask girl to go eat food together.
    4. Eat food together.
    5. Pay bill.
    Done!
    What about where he sticks his Jelly Bean into her IceCreamSandwich? o_O
    Last edited by RedMouseBall; 12-11-2012 at 07:58 PM.
  14. #1789  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Has anyone used any newer sense based roms? Are there any that utilize Google Now. I flashed viper rom and mean rom back in September and really didn't think either was too much better than stock Sense. Wondering if maybe that had changed at all.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  15. #1790  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by smkyle View Post
    Destroyed my phone and came out on top!

    This morning I was driving and I looked over and the woman in the car next to me was texting while driving. There's nothing in the world that makes me as mad as people texting and driving so I rolled my window down to throw something at her. She took a Nolan Ryan heater to the window, but I was so drunk that I had accidentally thrown my phone at her instead of the beer bottle next to it. So next thing I know I'm slamming on the breaks so I can go back and get it. I stopped my car and ran out on the freeway looking for it and this car comes hurtling towards me. It swerved at the last minute and scraped along the guard rail for a while before finally coming to a stop. This guy comes running out with his hand on his holster screaming at me and threatening me with all sorts of stuff. Finally I find my phone and hold it up and start explaining what happened. He started to calm down a bit, and to make things right I let him finish off the joint I'd been working on. He took a few to the face and gave me a grin and headed back to his car. Definitely the nicest cop I've ever met. So I finally get my kids dropped off at preschool and head to the sprint store to get a new phone. I walk up to the tech counter.

    Me: my phone stopped working this morning
    Tech: have you tried taking out the battery for 15 se....
    Me: Gggrahhhhh!!!!!!

    I lunged at him like a blitzing Lawrence Taylor but tripped and fell on a power cord draped across the floor. I smacked my head on the corner of a display cabinet and started gushing blood all over. The tech is just staring at me doing something between laughing to death and offering to help. In my shame and humiliation I start threatening the guy.

    Me: I'm gonna sue you guys for everything you have.
    Tech: Our legal department handles all litigation, but I can give you their num...
    Me: GRRAHHHRRRGGGGG!!!

    I think between the blood, the look on my face, and the now uncomfortable customers, the guy finally decided to negotiate. Next thing I know dude is ordering me a Galaxy Note 2 to replace my busted EVO LTE.

    But I'm just gonna sell the note and buy another EVO. The phone rocks. HAHA Suckas!!!

    Here's a shot of my splash screen. It saves me every time I take my phone in after bricking it.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fouadhwnqzm1sv/splash1.jpg
    That has to be one of the most epic posts I've ever read. It had me in tears. Thank you for the laugh.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  16. #1791  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Well what do you know.....the GNote2 is already getting an update.....to 4.1.2.


    Sad, sad, sad!!!!

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    YvesStLawrence likes this.
  17. #1792  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by MrJackson View Post
    Well what do you know.....the GNote2 is already getting an update.....to 4.1.2.


    Sad, sad, sad!!!!

    lol. looks like we are fighting for scraps here.


    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  18. #1793  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by crowrb29 View Post
    Has anyone used any newer sense based roms? Are there any that utilize Google Now. I flashed viper rom and mean rom back in September and really didn't think either was too much better than stock Sense. Wondering if maybe that had changed at all.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    I don't always run a Sense ROM. But when I do, I prefer Mean ROM.

    It's got Google Now baked in. He's got it overclocked to 1.7 GHz by default, and has made a lot of smoothness and memory management tweaks. It runs very smooth - not quite JB smooth, but very close.
  19. #1794  
    eXplicit815's Avatar

    Posts
    136 Posts
    ROM
    Sprint Stock

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    You are right, we are paying a lot MORE than what the phone is worth, built into the monthly fees for two years. I would much rather have the option to buy any phone I want, at full but market-discounted rates, and pay much less for service and with no contracts. I really, really would love the option to buy any phone I want and use that phone on any carrier I want... but I know that is REALLY asking too much (at least in the USA).
    While this may be true to an extent, it can't really be counted for because even if you buy your phone outright, you still pay the same amount of money for your bill.
  20. #1795  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by tt0h View Post
    What are the issues with your phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by tt0h View Post
    This is my issue with all of this: "It's new, I paid a fortune for my phone, and I'm entitled to get the newest !"
    ----
    If you're on Sprint, and bought the phone on contract, you didn't pay nearly what the phone is worth. I, for one, don't have a lot of the issues that people are mentioning here - and, honestly, I feel that the vast majority of Sprint users don't, either. If the majority were having these issues then things would happen much more quickly. Don't get me wrong - I'm not discounting the people that ARE having issues. What I am saying is that Sprint/HTC aren't going to risk pissing off considerably more people by rushing an update - if they get it majorly wrong they go out of business.

    I personally like Sprint. I don't have a stellar credit history and Sprint made it much easier for me to have an excellent phone with far fewer hassles/cash than a lot of the other major players. I, very much, appreciate that. I also appreciate the fact that they are in a bit of turmoil given NV and their new partnership. I tend to believe that they will be a VERY strong player when all of this expansion/investing is complete.

    I also love the LTEvo build. It's an excellent phone. When I bought it I actually took the time to research when/if I'd be covered by LTE, etc. I know it's several months away, at least.. but it IS coming. If you bought the phone from a used car salesman telling you that it'd kiss you *** and knit your socks then shame on you. We have this wonderful thing called the internet that allows us to look up info, specs, etc., regarding the things that we want to purchase - if we aren't diligent enough to take the time to look up the data to make an informed purchase then it's "shame on us."

    Guys/Gals, it IS coming. You should be happy that they're taking the time to make sure it is as bug free as possible before it gets to us. Sprint helped me out, a lot, during a hard time in my life. I'm more than willing to allow them the time/resources they need to continue their service at their current price point - very few, if any, US competitors can match it. Yeah... things are a tad spotty at the moment, but if you watch the maps it IS definitely improving. And, personally, I trust ATT and Verizon about as far as I can throw a 5 gallon can of mercury.

    If flash, hype, and status is all that you buy a phone for then feel free to go elsewhere and get other phones/providers. Me, personally, I want a sturdy phone that does what I want with the fewest issues at the least cost- Sprint and the LTEvo have given me that.

    And yes, I check for updates several times a day... but I'm not going to get rid of my phone, or provider, just because I'm not one of the first "Beaners." (nothing racially or culturally implied.)
    I'm going to preface this by saying I'm not in the best mood at the moment...

    So one minute you have no idea what the issues are that have plagued many of us for months now, and then the next you'r writing an essay on why HTC is so great and I shouldn't be mad? Are you f'ing kidding me? Have a clue about what you are talking about before you give a lecture and act all high and mighty.

    I'm done with you and moving on to everyone else here who doesn't have issues with their phone...

    If I read one more "I don't have issues with my phone but you guys really should cut HTC some slack, they're making sure the next update works better...." post I'm going to gag. If you haven't been living with these issues for months now don't tell me how I feel, how I should feel, or pretend you can relate. If I could go back and break your phone too I would, then we'd see if you are still so gushy about HTC's lack of concern for fixing things
  21. #1796  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Did you have to pay a reactivation fee?

    sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2
  22. #1797  
    Caleb Morris's Avatar

    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    I'm going to preface this by saying I'm not in the best mood at the moment...

    So one minute you have no idea what the issues are that have plagued many of us for months now, and then the next you'r writing an essay on why HTC is so great and I shouldn't be mad? Are you f'ing kidding me? Have a clue about what you are talking about before you give a lecture and act all high and mighty.

    I'm done with you and moving on to everyone else here who doesn't have issues with their phone...

    If I read one more "I don't have issues with my phone but you guys really should cut HTC some slack, they're making sure the next update works better...." post I'm going to gag. If you haven't been living with these issues for months now don't tell me how I feel, how I should feel, or pretend you can relate. If I could go back and break your phone too I would, then we'd see if you are still so gushy about HTC's lack of concern for fixing things
    I understand you hate these problems, but if you're going to complain THIS MUCH then DO SOMETHING about it. Take it in to Sprint to get it fixed. Trade it in for a different Evo. And if that one has the problem, then change your app configuration. That's probably the cause of your problems. And heaven forbid I mention this, but if all else fails then root it and be done with it. Take all your energy from complaining and be proactive. I don't mean just you. I mean everyone else that's being a little p**** about the whole situation also. Grow a pair and stop blaming HTC. If it was their fault, then we would ALL have this problem. So get over yourself and do something about it. Half of this thread is people complaining.
  23. #1798  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by smkyle View Post
    Destroyed my phone and came out on top!

    This morning I was driving and I looked over and the woman in the car next to me was texting while driving. There's nothing in the world that makes me as mad as people texting and driving so I rolled my window down to throw something at her. She took a Nolan Ryan heater to the window, but I was so drunk that I had accidentally thrown my phone at her instead of the beer bottle next to it. So next thing I know I'm slamming on the breaks so I can go back and get it. I stopped my car and ran out on the freeway looking for it and this car comes hurtling towards me. It swerved at the last minute and scraped along the guard rail for a while before finally coming to a stop. This guy comes running out with his hand on his holster screaming at me and threatening me with all sorts of stuff. Finally I find my phone and hold it up and start explaining what happened. He started to calm down a bit, and to make things right I let him finish off the joint I'd been working on. He took a few to the face and gave me a grin and headed back to his car. Definitely the nicest cop I've ever met. So I finally get my kids dropped off at preschool and head to the sprint store to get a new phone. I walk up to the tech counter.

    Me: my phone stopped working this morning
    Tech: have you tried taking out the battery for 15 se....
    Me: Gggrahhhhh!!!!!!

    I lunged at him like a blitzing Lawrence Taylor but tripped and fell on a power cord draped across the floor. I smacked my head on the corner of a display cabinet and started gushing blood all over. The tech is just staring at me doing something between laughing to death and offering to help. In my shame and humiliation I start threatening the guy.

    Me: I'm gonna sue you guys for everything you have.
    Tech: Our legal department handles all litigation, but I can give you their num...
    Me: GRRAHHHRRRGGGGG!!!

    I think between the blood, the look on my face, and the now uncomfortable customers, the guy finally decided to negotiate. Next thing I know dude is ordering me a Galaxy Note 2 to replace my busted EVO LTE.

    But I'm just gonna sell the note and buy another EVO. The phone rocks. HAHA Suckas!!!

    Here's a shot of my splash screen. It saves me every time I take my phone in after bricking it.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fouadhwnqzm1sv/splash1.jpg
    Pics, or it didn't happen...
  24. #1799  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    My "refurbed phone" is back from the best buy service center in a little shy of 24 hours. Not too shabby on the turn around time, have to pick it up on the way home and make sure everything looks good. Now I really need to get cracking on cm10. I've been watching too many videos and getting all excited
    Long story short, I'm sitting at home now with no working phone. Took the loner (which wasn't an evo and worked) back to get my new evo. D@mn thing keeps switching from 3g to 4g to roaming to no signal... and everything seems to work except making or receiving calls and messaging (minor things). They told me it may take 2-3 hours for it to connect up with sprint again and take off...still waiting....and what a coincidence that 2-3 hours from when they tell me that they're closed. Missed some things tonight dealing with this and not having a phone to contact people and not in a very good mood now. How many nights do I have to lose and non working evos do I have to go through before they just give me a sammy that works because right now I would take it.
  25. #1800  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmorris8848 View Post
    I understand you hate these problems, but if you're going to complain THIS MUCH then DO SOMETHING about it. Take it in to Sprint to get it fixed. Trade it in for a different Evo. And if that one has the problem, then change your app configuration. That's probably the cause of your problems. And heaven forbid I mention this, but if all else fails then root it and be done with it. Take all your energy from complaining and be proactive. I don't mean just you. I mean everyone else that's being a little p**** about the whole situation also. Grow a pair and stop blaming HTC. If it was their fault, then we would ALL have this problem. So get over yourself and do something about it. Half of this thread is people complaining.
    For 1 see my post below on my crap of an evo replacement. And 2 this is not my fault, I'm not an *****, I didn't f my phone up, this happened with the HTC update so don't tell me otherwise. Half this thread is complaining because we are all livid right now with HTC. As previously stated I went out on launch day, bought a working phone that I was happy with and then after it was too late for me to switch HTC jacked it up. I do plan on rooting but to do that I need an evo that can actually get on the network and I don't have that right now. But rooting is not a fix and should not be a requirement just to have a working basic phone. And the "grow a pair and stop blaming htc...we would all have this problem", that's crap

    This thread is all complaining because we are the ones who actually care about the update
Page 72 of 133 FirstFirst ... 69707172737475 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jelly bean ota - who got it?
    By mattatwar in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 234
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 09:11 PM
  2. Jelly Bean? Is it realistic.
    By Mungus9999 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 08:35 AM
  3. Jelly Bean coming next week?
    By acr456 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-17-2012, 01:51 PM
  4. Jelly bean coming Q4
    By matt0715 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 05:18 PM
  5. if its not jelly bean (4.1)
    By Irvgotti in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 10:06 PM

Posting Permissions