Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 9 of 133 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree2031Likes

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Quote Originally Posted by kbp08tls View Post
    I think the rash of updates has more to do with the release of android 4.2 than anything specific to our phones.

Even though I'm rooted and have been running JB (CM10) since early August, I'm still following this closely to see what (if any) improvements the move to JB will bring to Sense.
    What phone does Sprint have that will be on 4.2 that would determine a change within Sprint Zone?

If it was true, then I would have thought at least one of the 10K would have been a forum reader on xda/ac/etc.

on the flipside, why would sprint have confirmed to so many people (assuming they are telling the truth)

Quote Originally Posted by mrhankey184 View Post
    What phone does Sprint have that will be on 4.2 that would determine a change within Sprint Zone?
    I was referring to the rash of updates on all the other apps (I got a lot of updates too), not Sprint Zone specifically. I've noticed that on or about the time any new increment to Android is released, most of the developers on the Play Store will update their apps to ensure compatibility. The Sprint Zone update could very well be a precursor to an OTA, or it may not be. We wouldn't know for sure without a changelog.

All we have is an alleged screen shot from a "friend," and a few "confirmations" from Sprint CSRs - who we all know are notoriously clueless. Not a word from any "official" channels. Everything is rumor and innuendo until a credible source confirms an actual update on their phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jlo8720 View Post
    If it was true, then I would have thought at least one of the 10K would have been a forum reader on xda/ac/etc.

on the flipside, why would sprint have confirmed to so many people (assuming they are telling the truth)
    This could be the largest hoax since the Loch Ness or the Book of Mormon >.>
    phanatic4ever likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhankey184 View Post
    This could be the largest hoax since the Loch Ness or the Book of Mormon >.>
    Hey! I'm offended! There's no proof that Nessy is a hoax!
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'
    Va1ha11a likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RunOfLuck View Post
    Hey! I'm offended! There's no proof that Nessy is a hoax!
    Sincere apologies, I meant no disrespect! lol

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Sprint Care (@sprintcare) tweeted at 2:14 PM on Fri, Nov 16, 2012:
    @supermanbren007 Can't wait for that either. The update will come in waves starting today. Our EVO LTEs will be happy. *HMS
    Thanked by:
    bc2k 

I just searched Twitter for this that tweet. It's legitimate. Update coming today then?

But who knows. The Sprint tech could just be referring the PRL or Sprint Zone update.

Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE-capture.jpg
    Thanked by 2:
    a22maticbc2k 

Quote Originally Posted by onehotpocket View Post
    I just searched Twitter for this that tweet. It's legitimate. Update coming today then?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	256 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	46818
    I just took a screen shot to report back, too! Lol.

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE-uploadfromtaptalk1353101827472.jpg  
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL

And yet this was just tweeted:

Sprint Care‏@sprintcare

@jimmyg41 I was just reading through those rumors myself. Unfortunately there is no official word on the release of JB for the EVO LTE. *BJ

AND

Sprint Care‏@sprintcare

@supermanbren007 I do apologize. The update is to improve the current software on the device. No mention of Jelly Bean being released. *HMS

Soo... NOT JB.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE-capture.png  
    Thanked by:
    bc2k 

Quote Originally Posted by ne0shi View Post

Sprint Care‏@sprintcare

@jimmyg41 I was just reading through those rumors myself. Unfortunately there is no official word on the release of JB for the EVO LTE. *BJ

AND

Sprint Care‏@sprintcare

@supermanbren007 I do apologize. The update is to improve the current software on the device. No mention of Jelly Bean being released. *HMS

Soo... NOT JB.
    Life as an EVO LTE owner has been tough since day one.

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL

Ugh... unfortunately I think these tweets seal the deal: No JellyBean update, for now.

Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE-capture.jpg

@sprintcare has not updated their twitter for the last 5 hours, so I am glad you are all having some fun, so unless those are DMs, not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNeil View Post
    @sprintcare has not updated their twitter for the last 5 hours, so I am glad you are all having some fun, so unless those are DMs, not cool.
    You need to turn on ALL tweets. I think you are on NO REPLIES.

Quote Originally Posted by onehotpocket View Post
    Ugh... unfortunately I think these tweets seal the deal: No JellyBean update, for now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	281 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	46822
    REALLY?? That's quite the back pedaling "I do apologize" who writes this stuff? One minute we're getting JB and the next minute there's not even an update ready at all from HTC... How do you F that up?

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Those 3 letters at the end of each tweet indicate who in a large group of sprintcare twitter customer care reps tweeted each message. So, this is probably not much different than talking to someone on the phone.

Well, I apologize for my last post.(eating crow) I did only have No replies checked. Sorry about that. Well that sucks.

I'm still holding out that it's JB. It sounds to me like they acknowledged JB, then had to backtrack because Sprint hasn't officially announced it.

Quote Originally Posted by kbp08tls View Post
    I think the rash of updates has more to do with the release of android 4.2 than anything specific to our phones.

Even though I'm rooted and have been running JB (CM10) since early August, I'm still following this closely to see what (if any) improvements the move to JB will bring to Sense.
    That's pretty much what I said,,, that I think an update is close because all of updates to my apps.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.

There are actually photo's to prove nessi's existence. P.S. not taken with my evo4g

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Looks like another Christmas on misfit island

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    PittsPgh likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    That's pretty much what I said,,, that I think an update is close because all of updates to my apps.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    I interpret that to mean you think there's an OTA coming from Sprint to update the EVO 4G LTE from Android 4.0.x (ICS) to Android 4.1.x (JB) based on the fact that you've seen several apps updated.

What I said is completely different. I'm saying that the devs are updating their apps because Google has released Android 4.2 (still JB) to ensure compatibility. NOT because our particular phone may/may not be receiving an update.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    ctgova likes this.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ne0shi View Post

Sprint Care‏@sprintcare

]
    Nice...they actually responded.

I'm confused about people saying that a lot of their apps are getting updated so there is likely a phone update imminent.

Aren't Play store apps universal? What does one have to do with the other?
    ctgova likes this.

I was told by tech support today it was jelly bean as well :/

Quote Originally Posted by James McCutcheon View Post
    See i was told by tech support it is jelly bean.
Page 9 of 133 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast