Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

heyyu

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: It's coming jelly bean!

Call me an optimist, but I tend to think it's legit. Hopefully it fixes all my stupid text and contact issues.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Call me an optimist, but I tend to think it's legit. Hopefully it fixes all my stupid text and contact issues.

I got rid of the contact issues with unsycing facebook contacts, google voice keeps crash/hanging up though. I'm not sure if that's on htc or google's side though.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the best thing. The uproar from the AT&T One X camp will be glorious to hear from the Sprint EVO side.

Probably a lot more HOX's out there than EVO LTE's. lolol

heyyu

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

I got rid of the contact issues with unsycing facebook contacts, google voice keeps crash/hanging up though. I'm not sure if that's on htc or google's side though.

I did a hard reset on my phone and didn't sync Facebook contacts. Was fine for a week. Now the problem's back again.

dlocks

May 31, 2010
Visit site

I have been it contact with HTC tech support via e-mail over the last couple of days regarding LTE connection issues.
The last e-mail I got was last night and she told that me the next update would include a fix for the LTE connection issues.
She told me the update would be very soon but did not specify when.
So I hope all this is true and we will all be happy campers tomorrow.

I just received another e-mail from HTC suggesting that I manually check for software updates.
I did check but nothing available right now.

My question is... are they hinting that an update will be available soon??
Maybe.. its tomorrow

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I just received another e-mail from HTC suggesting that I manually check for software updates.
I did check but nothing available right now.

My question is... are they hinting that an update will be available soon??
Maybe.. its tomorrow

Taiwan has a 8 hour time difference from PST. So start checking tonight

ncfanboy

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Please be true ill check tomorrow morning would be great to get it before the HOX

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

So can anyone catch me up on what the contacts/messages issues are? I've been rolling with MeanROM for a while now so I'm out of the loop.

TEEMILL

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I so hope this is true Ill keep trying to update my phone. it seems like sprint forgot about the EVO and pushed the Sam gs3 as there main focus sense its selling so well

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

Are these kind of things like a movie release where it starts happening at midnight, or like an iPhone release where it starts at business hours?

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

So can anyone catch me up on what the contacts/messages issues are? I've been rolling with MeanROM for a while now so I'm out of the loop.

Anything involving contacts is incredibly slow. Loading a text message conversation, the people tab in the phone app, caller ID, dialing a phone number.....

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

Anything involving contacts is incredibly slow. Loading a text message conversation, the people tab in the phone app, caller ID, dialing a phone number.....

That does sound annoying.
Unrelated to that, has anyone tried to update yet? I cleverly let mine discharge under the update threshold so I can't check myself at the moment.

tt0h

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

That does sound annoying.
Unrelated to that, has anyone tried to update yet? I cleverly let mine discharge under the update threshold so I can't check myself at the moment.

As of 2 minutes ago - no updates available.

jimmyg41

May 31, 2011
Visit site

Are these kind of things like a movie release where it starts happening at midnight, or like an iPhone release where it starts at business hours?

They never give out a specific time that I remember. It's a hit or miss type thing. Sometimes we don't get official word of an update till the day of the update. It kinda sucks that way.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

They never give out a specific time that I remember. It's a hit or miss type thing. Sometimes we don't get official word of an update till the day of the update. It kinda sucks that way.

Yeah, seeing as how it's a possible manual check update and not full pushed OTA yet I wouldn't really expect it to go live at midnight.

celticking

May 16, 2012
Visit site

Hope to wake to an east coaster with the update. Nothing this far in California.

Sent from my EVO

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

Looks legit based on the verbiage and the 2 week rollout period. We'll find out tomorrow. Weird that ATT Hox hasn't had any leaks though....
It's entirely possible that HTC submitted the update for both phones at around the same time to the carriers, and are simply waiting for carrier approval, and AT&T is taking longer...

At any rate, I hope this is true, and I'll be checking for updates manually throughout the day until I get something, which I'm sure is what many of you will be doing, as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae