Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

debsawyer

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Evo users are the best. I read this whole post and it is hilarious. You all have made my day. I don't feel so bad now. I constantly check updates everyday, 2-3 times a day. Love it!!!!!!!

TEEMILL

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Now I no I'm not the only 1 doing that lol

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site

I'm actually surprised AC hasn't said any word about this at all...seemingly complete radio silence.

This is either a great big hoax, or the biggest flop in HTC/Sprint's history of update notifications. You'd think with all of the hoopla that has gone on already in this situation that one of them would have more publicly said something more than a cryptic tweet.

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm actually surprised AC hasn't said any word about this at all...seemingly complete radio silence.

This is either a great big hoax, or the biggest flop in HTC/Sprint's history of update notifications. You'd think with all of the hoopla that has gone on already in this situation that one of them would have more publicly said something more than a cryptic tweet.

I've noticed that AC doesn't say anything until they're absolutely certain... Plus it's the weekend. I searched Google and found two other blogs that have mentioned it. They even posted the screen pic that started this whole ordeal.

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.

jimmyg41

May 31, 2011
Visit site

Why would be a flop from Sprint/HTC? I mean I agree that their update history does indeed blow but they never really revealed that this upgrade was going to happen. There was a leak which isn't their fault since they made no promise to the general public.

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site

I've noticed that AC doesn't say anything until they're absolutely certain... Plus it's the weekend. I searched Google and found two other blogs that have mentioned it. They even posted the screen pic that started this whole ordeal.

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.

I don't blame them for not making too big of a deal about it, however I've seen them make a bigger deal about smaller less significant things. But I still love them so whatever they feel is right, I'm down with their judgment.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Damn, we really need "Inside Sprint Now" now... Where has he gone?!? Must be being held in a Sprint prison somewhere I side corporate headquarters.

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site

Why would be a flop from Sprint/HTC? I mean I agree that their update history does indeed blow but they never really revealed that this upgrade was going to happen. There was a leak which isn't their fault since they made no promise to the general public.

Not necessarily flop in the sense that they caused it in the first place, however when they see (and you know they did) all the attention that this potential hoax caused, you'd think they'd publicly address it. Isn't that what PR is for?? Unless of course they didn't mind the attention, even being somewhat negative, as any attention is good attention...at least most of the time.

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site

Damn, we really need "Inside Sprint Now" now... Where has he gone?!? Must be being held in a Sprint prison somewhere I side corporate headquarters.

Check his Twitter page. He posted some stuff today for the first time since he was banished.

Sent from my EVO LTE baby!

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Just spoke to an Andrew csr for Sprint. He said you needed to go to your settings>manage app>google services framework. Select. once inside, clear data and then force close .
Next, go to settings>system update>htc software update.
He said a you can select to start downloading a 348MB file.

He said it is the Android "Jelly Bean" update.

I repeated Jelly Bean right?
He said yes Jelly Bean!

He did say there will be only a limited amount released per day
Till Nov 27.
Then after that everyone can download it.

Note: I am still sporting an og Evo.
And am on the fence to upgrade to the EVO 4G LTE. And am very interested to see if the e4glte will get the jelly bean update?
I figured why not and try calling
Sprint myself. And this is the answer I got from Sprint t
Hope this helps
Sent from my Coconut Wireless

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site

Just spoke at an Andrew csr for Sprint. He said you needed to go to your settings>manage app>google services framework. Select. once inside, clear data and the you force close. Then go to settings>system update>htc software update.
He said it is the Android Jelly Bean update.
Till Nov 27. Then after that everyone can download it.
Hope this helps

So you tried this and it worked?

Sent from my Nexus 10 baby!

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

I edited my post. No I don't have the new evo. I got the original evo 4g. But with all this jb rumors going around. I figured what the heck.
Call sprint myself and see what they say. And that's the answer I got.
348MB file that is an update to Jelly Bean

jimmyg41

May 31, 2011
Visit site

Just spoke to an Andrew csr for Sprint. He said you needed to go to your settings>manage app>google services framework. Select. once inside, clear data and then force close .
Next, go to settings>system update>htc software update.

He said it is the Android "Jelly Bean" update.

I repeated Jelly Bean right?
He said yes Jelly Bean!

Till Nov 27.
Then after that everyone can download it.

Note: I am still sporting an og Evo.
And am on the fence to upgrade to the EVO 4G LTE. And am very interested to see if the e4glte will get the jelly bean update?
I figured why not and try calling
Sprint myself. And this is the answer I got from Sprint t
Hope this helps

Tried this...didn't work for me :-( Thanks for the info. I hope Andrew is right.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Dial star 2 on your phone and speak to a CSR and ask about the jelly bean update. I was surprised at the answer I got. I thought they were going to play dumb and make like they were no updates available