Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

I will say that this method usually works if the system is set to send an update. I did this on my Nexus 7 to get the 4.2 update.

Ice

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

So you're updating your original Evo to Jellybean right now?

No , I called Sprint to see what they had to say about an update to the EVO 4G LTE that I have been reading about on the net.
And if there was one? How to manually push it to the phone.
The Sprint csr named Andrew
Said yes... There is a jelly bean update and
That it is been released as of Nov 15 to his knowledge.
Andrew then gave me
The directions I posted on how to manually push the update to the EVO 4G LTE.
Like I stated, Andrew even stated the update was a 348MB file.
I thought I should post here what was relayed to me by the csr in hopes that it would help some of you to get the jelly bean update.

I will say this... Sprint is acknowledging there is a JB
Update for your evo 4g lte.

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

I'm thinking Sprint might have found some bugs in the update?
To which they might have delayed the release for a couple of days?
But I really feel for certain JB update is imminent for the e4glte.

andrewvig

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Just spoke to an Andrew csr for Sprint. He said you needed to go to your settings>manage app>google services framework. Select. once inside, clear data and then force close .
Next, go to settings>system update>htc software update.
He said a you can select to start downloading a 348MB file.

He said it is the Android "Jelly Bean" update.

I repeated Jelly Bean right?
He said yes Jelly Bean!

He did say there will be only a limited amount released per day
Till Nov 27.
Then after that everyone can download it.

Note: I am still sporting an og Evo.
And am on the fence to upgrade to the EVO 4G LTE. And am very interested to see if the e4glte will get the jelly bean update?
I figured why not and try calling
Sprint myself. And this is the answer I got from Sprint t
Hope this helps

No workie workie for me yet.

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

pretty sure clearing system framework has worked for me in the past (logitech revue) but I tried it 3x and could not get anything

Stock via wifi

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

I have been trying the clear framework thing, and now I'm getting a box that says firmware update could not be completed, please try again later, code 1233

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

iamlucid

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

I have been trying the clear framework thing, and now I'm getting a box that says firmware update could not be completed, please try again later, code 1233

I was getting this error too. Before and after I tried clearing my framework.

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

make sure to share (please) your connection type (wifi/3g/4g), location, and whether or not youre stock or any other considerable variables.

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

I don't know if anyone has thought of this but it is a weekend, and normally they don't release anything new (ie phones, software, updates) on a weekend. The update will probably become available Monday.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I don't know if anyone has thought of this but it is a weekend, and normally they don't release anything new (ie phones, software, updates) on a weekend. The update will probably become available Monday.

That's a given, I think the idea here is the update has been sitting there for a few days and there were just a few extra steps to get it

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

I will say that this method [clear services framework] usually works if the system is set to send an update. I did this on my Nexus 7 to get the 4.2 update.

Yep, you are correct. I had to do this all the time on my Xoom to force an update that was available. Essentially it tricks the device into thinking it is new and that jumps the priority of updating to immediately; short-circuiting the phased rollout for that device. Of course, if there is really no update available, it will do nothing.

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

I sure hope it is the update and we get it soon . I read that there is already and a Rom for the GS 2 that would bad if it got an update before our evo . Not a very good thought .

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Life as an HTC owner period has been tough.

Yeah, this is my first Android phone and I'm already thinking I'll stick with android but jump ship on HTC the next go around

spencer311

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I have friends with GS3's from 2 different carriers and they are still running ICS and I tried to force an update on theirs and there was nothing... Everybody needs too chill. If we do get the update next week we will be one of the first phones (that didn't come stock with JB) to have it. I have had 3 HTC devices and I have loved them. Don't get me wrong I am super stoked about getting it. But I am not pissed at HTC or Sprint about it.

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have friends with GS3's from 2 different carriers and they are still running ICS and I tried to force an update on theirs and there was nothing... Everybody needs too chill. If we do get the update next week we will be one of the first phones (that didn't come stock with JB) to have it. I have had 3 HTC devices and I have loved them. Don't get me wrong I am super stoked about getting it. But I am not pissed at HTC or Sprint about it.

Spencer the difference is their stock phones can make simple text and phone calls and ours that have issues can't. I'm not chilling. My product is malfunctioning Every hour. A fix needs to come like yesterday

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

It's not the delay of getting jb. It's the fact that there was no small ics update to fix contact issues. It's how they are so mysterious about everything with this phone. They seem to make a point of confirming updates for every other phone except the EVO. Let's face it, we can't say with certainty we'll even get the update. Half of all the "leaked" material says it will be an ics update and it's a short holiday week this week so I'm not holding my breath.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psaturn