Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Sorry it doesn't work yet.
It is so weird that even on the
Net, one x users in Asia & Europe
Are only now getting jb update
in very limited amounts. From what I gather the JB update is from HTC
And not their local carrier's?
This could be the case with Sprint?

That HTC sent them a memo regarding JB would be pushed for Sprint's EVO 4G LTE in limited amounts during the 15-27.
And to everyone after the 27th.

I'm thinking HTC will release JB
Soon after The One X Asia & Europe
Is well into their roll out or after

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

But our updates come through Sprint, not HTC. Sprint controls who, when, where, etc. All HTC could say is "we gave it to Sprint on (some date)".

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

has anyone contacted HTC about this? (and if you do, make sure to say that Sprint says that HTC has information on software updates,because HTC will likely say that is determined by your carrier)

spencer311

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

has anyone contacted HTC about this? (and if you do, make sure to say that Sprint says that HTC has information on software updates,because HTC will likely say that is determined by your carrier)
I actually did about an hour or 2 ago via Twitter. Still waiting for a response. I will let ya know.

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

I actually did about an hour or 2 ago via Twitter. Still waiting for a response. I will let ya know.

If HTC responds, they'll say that they're still doing testing to make sure it's a device they feel can handle the update. That's all I've ever gotten from HTC. They're worse than Sprint is on giving information. And when they tell you to contact Sprint, it's literally like a box of chocolates. Every answer is completely different.

spencer311

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Yea this is kind of ridiculous... I wish people that work at sprint and htc knew what the hell they were talking about.

bryan64613

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

I just got off phone with an HTC representative and the only thing I can say is that their bad. When I asked him about Jelly Bean update for the EVO LTE, he told me that there is no Jelly Bean update coming up fo ther EVO LTE. I told him that I had called Sprint and that according to Sprint there is update ready, but that there is a delay on HTC's end. According to the representative that information has not been giving to Sprint and there is NO update coming up. If by the end of this month there is no update I'm switching to Samsung.

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

I just got off phone with an HTC representative and the only thing I can say is that their bad. When I asked him about Jelly Bean update for the EVO LTE, he told me that there is no Jelly Bean update coming up fo ther EVO LTE. I told him that I had called Sprint and that according to Sprint there is update ready, but that there is a delay on HTC's end. According to the representative that information has not been giving to Sprint and there is NO update coming up. If by the end of this month there is no update I'm switching to Samsung.

This is pretty typical of HTC.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

But our updates come through Sprint, not HTC. Sprint controls who, when, where, etc. All HTC could say is "we gave it to Sprint on (some date)".

Correct me if I am wrong? I dont have an Evo4glte yet?
But isn't there 2 update selections on your devices?
One named "HTC Software Update"
along with a regular firmware update?
I'm just speculating? But am thinking why there would be 2 selections to
update firmware?

I would assume google would release the JB update to Sprint and let them
tweak the update to their likings and test for any bugs before releasing
the update?

But if there was a delay from Sprints end? I would again assume
there would be an amended memo stating there would be a delay
with the JB update?

I will just wait and see what will happen on Nov 28?
If JB is not released by then?

Edit:Talked to a Sprint csr and asked to speak to a manager regarding software issues.

She connected me Technical support manager Megan.
I asked Megan about the JB update? If it was headed to the HTC Evo 4G LTE ?

If so who was releasing it? HTC or Sprint?

Megan stated the Jelly Bean update will come directly from HTC.
And that HTC Evo 4G LTE will certainly be/is getting Jelly Bean 100% for sure
because the roll out started on Nov 15 and there was no
other memos or information about it being delayed.

Megan stated that when the "update/software" is pushed out?
It goes by serial numbers on your phone.

So what does it mean?

If your phone has the chosen
serial number? it will get the pushed update.

So there could be good number of HTC EVO 4G LTE's that have a Jelly Bean update waiting for
them and people for the most part are not checking for an upgrade or even know?
Because for now the update is client initiated and there would be no update notification until a full on release from HTC.

She went on to say she believes that
HTC doesn't want to over load their servers in the beginning so the number of pushed
updates is a very very small amount which she declined to specify.

She said that after the 27th or maybe sooner? if you didn't get JB push? Sprint should have
a JB download link on their website.

Last edited:

bryan64613

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

I was thinking of picking up the note 2, you?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

I was thinking about getting the Note. I have an upgrade that I haven't use in probably almost 3 years. I really like the S3, but probably go with the note.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

I was checking out Samsung note 2 at best buy and its pretty awesome.:thumbup::D:beer:

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

celticking

May 16, 2012
Visit site

Checking in the hour every hour. If it is coming, I'd like to see it before Thanksgiving.

Sent from my EVO

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

Just wrote to sprint care on Twitter again and asked them about the jb update and they said there is currently no estimated time for the update on the evo 4g lte . That sucks so many different answers .

tt0h

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Just wrote to sprint care on Twitter again and asked them about the jb update and they said there is currently no estimated time for the update on the evo 4g lte . That sucks so many different answers .

I wrote sprintcares@sprint.com earlier today - roughly 11:30 EST with the following:

Could you please verify, or deny, whether there is a current update for the EVO LTE being distributed? I believe the quoted update was 3.15.651.11. I've been told by Sprint that a coming update will fix my issues, and it's been stated several times that there is an update in the pipeline - but nobody has seen it yet.

It's getting very frustrating waiting for the problems to be fixed and only rumored fixes mentioned with no real verification.

Thank you for your time,
-----

I wanted to be specific so that they couldn't easily push it off as an LTE question, etc. As of yet there is no answer. I'll post whatever answer I receive here. I've had a few answers on twitter, but they were non-committal or tried to make it sound as though I was asking about the LTE/NV rollout.

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

im about to do some pavement pounding for the next day or two, but someone should tweet them the leaked screencap and ask about it.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I just emailed good old reliable Dan Hesse. We'll see what his crack team says.

I was going to suggest someone put Hesse on the spot. If he uses twitter that would be nice because it's more public. Tell him that his peeps are giving out contradictory info and give him the chance to set the record straight

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums