Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

thepowerofdonuts

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Galaxy nexus has good specs and jellybean for a few months now. I mess around with my wife's nexus and it is still top notch.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

Galaxy Nexus specs are a year behind even the Evo 4G LTE. Not to mention now there are phones with the S4 Pro.

lgcyelit

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site

Man i wish this screenshot, leak, hoax or whatever would of never came out, I have been checking my phone religiously by habit just in anticipation.....it's killing me aaaawwwwww!!!!!!

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Well, it's the 23rd and no one has the update. I'm guessing since AC hasn't dropped a story about it yet and since no one has actually downloaded it, that we've been punk'd. Granted, there's still a chance that we could get an update, but since the One series hasn't seen anything (and they were announced long ago) I don't expect to see anything anytime soon. Yup, I'm pretty sure that on the 27th, this thread is going to be alive with complaints about SPRINT, HTC and Android.

So if you've got a phone with issues, take it back to the Sprint store and tell them to fix it or replace it with another phone. If you're like me and have a phone that works just fine, give it a rest and laugh along with the guy that started this whole scam. They got us good!

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Well my phone did something last night but I'm not sure what yet. When I woke up it was asking for my password for encryption and has been sitting on that screen ever since (way longer than a restart). So either I got updated (without ever accepting anything) or bricked. And it said it was 1:18pm when I woke up and now at least a half hour later it says 1:22pm

Something fishy is a foot, more developments to come

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Yup, I'm pretty sure that on the 27th, this thread is going to be alive with complaints about SPRINT, HTC and Android.

Have you read the entire thread? This thread is already lit up with people upset with HTC and Sprint swearing they're never going to buy another phone from Sprint or HTC. All over this stupid thread!

Rumors and leaks are so part of the smartphone scene now that people don't wanna believe that they can't be true. They would rather swear their allegiance to getting rid of their phone and their carrier instead of believing that something might not be true that they read on the internet.

tony404

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: It's coming jelly bean!

rather than jelly bean I would rather have a phone that had a signal in major parts of atl like parts of buckhead and dunwoody.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

I think more people are upset that neither HTC or Sprint has come out to deny or approve this leak more than anything. All it would have taken was about an hour or less worth of time from each company to get the facts straight, type up an official press response, and post it for all to see. The fact that there are conflicting answers from both companies confirming and denying the update has only made things worse.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Have you read the entire thread? This thread is already lit up with people upset with HTC and Sprint swearing they're never going to buy another phone from Sprint or HTC. All over this stupid thread!

Rumors and leaks are so part of the smartphone scene now that people don't wanna believe that they can't be true. They would rather swear their allegiance to getting rid of their phone and their carrier instead of believing that something might not be true that they read on the internet.

True, I was on the fence leaning towards getting the EVO 4G LTE.
However, after this debacle?
Heck even T-Mobile with their
Version of unlimited data plan looks mighty attractive.
My sisters s3 pulls down 15-18MB
And 4-6MB up. That also penetrates
Buildings much better than my sprint signal.
And it is not even LTE.
I have been out of contract since
April, I have been with Sprint/Nextel since01.
I am tired getting only 500kb 3g.
With no mention of LTE coverage in Honolulu anytime soon.
The only thing really that's keeping me at sprint is my 26% discount,
And my 134.00 bill for 2 lines unlimited data monthly.
But... This might just be
The straw that broke the
Camels back for me?
Sent from my Coconut Wireless

Phoenix Rev

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

I think more people are upset that neither HTC or Sprint has come out to deny or approve this leak more than anything. All it would have taken was about an hour or less worth of time from each company to get the facts straight, type up an official press response, and post it for all to see. The fact that there are conflicting answers from both companies confirming and denying the update has only made things worse.

To what end? There are rumors about phones and software upgrades and firmware upgrades and on and on and on on a daily basis. Sprint, HTC and every other carrier or manufacturer would be holding a non-stop press conference addressing rumors.

As for people getting upset, I can only offer my pity. It is a software upgrade, not a death in the family.

True, I was on the fence leaning towards getting the EVO 4G LTE.
However, after this debacle?

Debacle? What debacle?

Some person on an internet forum posts a rumor, people wet their delicate panties hoping to God it's true, AC has no confirmation and doesn't post yet another rumor on their front page (thank God), people throw speculation as to when the date may be, and because some maybe/sort of/kind of/perhaps/might or might not happen software upgrade doesn't happen at the earliest of the dates thrown out like raw meat to the lions by someone who may or may not have correct information, suddenly, this is a huge "debacle."

On the debacle scale of 1 to 10, this is about a -276.

smkyle

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

To what end? There are rumors about phones and software upgrades and firmware upgrades and on and on and on on a daily basis. Sprint, HTC and every other carrier or manufacturer would be holding a non-stop press conference addressing rumors.

As for people getting upset, I can only offer my pity. It is a software upgrade, not a death in the family.

Debacle? What debacle?

Some person on an internet forum posts a rumor, people wet their delicate panties hoping to God it's true, AC has no confirmation and doesn't post yet another rumor on their front page (thank God), people throw speculation as to when the date may be, and because some maybe/sort of/kind of/perhaps/might or might not happen software upgrade doesn't happen at the earliest of the dates thrown out like raw meat to the lions by someone who may or may not have correct information, suddenly, this is a huge "debacle."

On the debacle scale of 1 to 10, this is about a -276.

You're not acknowledging the fact that sprint reps have been telling customers that the JELLY BEAN update is already rolling out. There has also been a tweet by sprint saying that the update is rolling out. So we're not talking about a rumor from a single person. People are justified in their frustration

spencer311

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Ok are you saying you haven't read the rest of the posts? Its not about the update... Its about the fact that most of us have had these issues all along and we haven't had an update since august. They need to fix these issues with some kind of update. Why do people keep posting this same stuff? I don't get it. Nobody wants your pity they just want a phone that works. good lord...

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

You're not acknowledging the fact that sprint reps have been telling customers that the JELLY BEAN update is already rolling out. There has also been a tweet by sprint saying that the update is rolling out. So we're not talking about a rumor from a single person. People are justified in their frustration

All reps are notorious for not having this kind of information. As to the sprint cares tweets, who know who is in charge of sending those. Are those even "official" sprint communications?

@sprintcares appears to be nothing more than regular reps, so we shouldn't expect anything more "official" from them than we would from a rep over the phone or online.

Last edited:

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Ok are you saying you haven't read the rest of the posts? Its not about the update... Its about the fact that most of us have had these issues all along and we haven't had an update since august. They need to fix these issues with some kind of update. Why do people keep posting this same stuff? I don't get it. Nobody wants your pity they just want a phone that works. good lord...

Since august? You have to be kidding!

This issue has been present for awhile so when not fixed in last OTA you expect them to be able to pump out yet another MR between then and now knowing they also are likely spending time on getting JB ready?..... Sorry but that's not logical at all. They can't just whip them up instantly ya know. There is a TON of work that goes into getting even a simple MR ready to deploy.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

For every rep that said it was rolling there are 5 saying the opposite... Same for the tweets...

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

All reps are notorious for not having this kind of information. As to the sprint cares tweets, who know who is in charge of sending those. Are those even "official" sprint communications?

@sprintcares appears to be nothing more than regular reps, so we shouldn't expect anything more "official" from them than we would from a rep over the phone or online.

Exactly!

Hence you can see 10 diff responses to the same question within the same hour there...

They should be getting more in sync though as I notified my advocate contact to relay the message wtf they were saying on there. They in turn notified the manager of the group that does the Twitter account....

In the end it is coming...just no one knows when. Which is no different than before. So if someone can't take the issues they have with the phone, go exchange it already.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Since august? You have to be kidding!

This issue has been present for awhile so when not fixed in last OTA you expect them to be able to pump out yet another MR between then and now knowing they also are likely spending time on getting JB ready?..... Sorry but that's not logical at all. They can't just whip them up instantly ya know. There is a TON of work that goes into getting even a simple MR ready to deploy.

Expecting a small update that adds 0 new features or functionality and fixes some very major known issues is not unreasonable. It's ridiculous to make excuses for HTC and say that can't "whip them up instantly"...Seriously? These issues started with the last update and have been around for months. I get the business reasons why, but when I buy a top of the line premium flagship device and then it takes an act of god (dramatic enough?) to get an update out of HTC but they have time to keep coming out with new phones I can't help but be a little angry.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: It's coming jelly bean!

Well we already know the client initiated date came and went without any clients seeing an update... So you can debate this being "real" all day long but certainly not accurate

(Not calling this a hoax or blaming the op, I'm going with sprint and or htc being inept)

I left the phone in a "broke" state to take it to the store and see if they could do anything for me. But after dealing with a million people at best buy and not getting anything out of them I did a reset and everything seems to be back to it's glitchy, buggy, disappearing apps self. Come on Update!

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Expecting a small update that adds 0 new features or functionality and fixes some very major known issues is not unreasonable. It's ridiculous to make excuses for HTC and say that can't "whip them up instantly"...Seriously? These issues started with the last update and have been around for months. I get the business reasons why, but when I buy a top of the line premium flagship device and then it takes an act of god (dramatic enough?) to get an update out of HTC but they have time to keep coming out with new phones I can't help but be a little angry.

Makes complete sense. But you have to realize your point of view is that of someone who just bought a phone. If you were someone who bought a phone 18 months ago you would have the complete opposite point of view (" why the heck are they wasting time on updates to phones instead of spending time on the new phone I want").. They have to do their best to please everyone.

I would LOVE to see a story on AC about how manufacturer and their software developers handle this task (working on MRs vs Android releases vs their own skins). Could be some really interesting reading.