Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

I read a thread on XDA that said it it worked for the VZW GNex on JB. Granted they aren't the same device, but it's worth a shot.
FoxFi not working on JB. - xda-developers

The Nexus has the stock, built-in Android hotspot code. Verizon might have just removed the menu to activate it, adding their own verification routine. I believe on the Evo LTE and many other phones, the carrier removes or plugs the hotspot code completely, so there is nothing to "turn on". This could be wrong, but it is my understanding.

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Perry S.: Let's move this chat and make it a window of its own. It will enable you to view other Web pages while we chat.

Simply click the white Yes button below now.
Perry S.: Thanks for moving the chat window.
Perry S.: I am happy to help you. Please give me a moment while I look into it.
Perry S.: Thank you for waiting.
Perry S.: I have checked the details for you
Perry S.: I can see the Jelly Bean is not available as of now and we do not have any official information regarding the date as well. But HTC is working on it and once it will be available, you will get it Over The .Air.
You: Thank you very much.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Perry S.: Let's move this chat and make it a window of its own. It will enable you to view other Web pages while we chat.

Perry S.: I can see the Jelly Bean is not available as of now and we do not have any official information regarding the date as well. But HTC is working on it and once it will be available, you will get it Over The .Air.

Seriously, why are people still asking this?

And if asking, why posting?

And if posting, why are people responding?

Oh, sorry...

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

The Nexus has the stock, built-in Android hotspot code. Verizon might have just removed the menu to activate it, adding their own verification routine. I believe on the Evo LTE and many other phones, the carrier removes or plugs the hotspot code completely, so there is nothing to "turn on". This could be wrong, but it is my understanding.

Yeah, all it would do is activate the Sprint hotspot which, unless you buy that plan, will turn off data.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Seriously, why are people still asking this?

And if asking, why posting?

And if posting, why are people responding?

Oh, sorry...

Isn't that what these forums
are for? If you forgot?
He is posting information he has
that is pertaining to this thread.

Even, if it is nothing new?
At least he went on his own
to find out find if there is
anything new? And he was
Thoughtful enough to share
It with us...

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

downgrading my expectations.

it said what? 10K per day for a week?

thats 70k installs (in theory) that haven't shown up.

im inclined to think 100% hoax at the moment.

maybe in the future.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Hoax or not, I think if there is an update of any kind in our near future this Wednesday morning seems like a plausible day coming off a holiday week but still adequate time before Christmas and fitting in with recent HTC trends

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

I guess we won't know for sure until tomorrow. There's either gonna be a HUGE party tomorrow, or a lot of disappointed people. I hope not a lot of people have their hopes up, just in case.

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

I thought it was 1,000 per day?

46279d1352902517t-update-coming-htc-evo-4g-lte-uploadfromtaptalk1352902515967.jpg

+
~350k

that is a lot of EVO LTEs.

"network initiated" should have started today (11/26)

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Perry S.: I can see the Jelly Bean is not available as of now and we do not have any official information regarding the date as well.
But HTC is working on it and once it will be available, you will get it Over The .Air.

The last part of the chat session seems really positive to say the least...;)

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

http://forums.androidcentral.com/at...evo-4g-lte-uploadfromtaptalk1352902515967.jpg

+
~350k

that is a lot of EVO LTEs.

"network initiated" should have started today (11/26)

Technically it starts the "week of 11/26/12", but up top it says 11/27, so... about 24 hours until someone tries to hunt down the OP and beat him senseless. It's kinda' funny how big this thread has gotten.

Sorry Jaggrey, didn't see your post about the exact same thing.

padre1357

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site

Hi everyone, I can deffinately see the reason for frustration. This is my first android device, jumped off the Blackberry ship cause sprint never showed BB owners any love what so ever. Years of only getting the newest os by buying a new phone. So when I decided to try Android, I studied and searched forums, bought an evolte, and again, no love from sprint. I love my evolte but damn it, their update broke my ringtones and they wont even do another patch. Not a great way to keep customers

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Technically it starts the "week of 11/26/12", but up top it says 11/27, so... about 24 hours until someone tries to hunt down the OP and beat him senseless. It's kinda' funny how big this thread has gotten.

Sorry Jaggrey, didn't see your post about the exact same thing.
It's cool man. We'll see if tomorrow (or this week even) brings any news, tho I'm not holding my breath!

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

I;ve never seen this screen shot with all the descriptive information. Gives me hope something will happen soon. My only concern is that the screen shot doesn't address the contacts issue. :(

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I;ve never seen this screen shot with all the descriptive information. Gives me hope something will happen soon. My only concern is that the screen shot doesn't address the contacts issue. :(

The screenshot is what started this mess. And I'm sure they wouldn't call out all of the fixes that get lumped in with a jb upgrade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835