Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

smkyle

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Internal battle:
I could probably trade my EVO in for an SG3. Unfortunately the SG3 is super ugly, feels cheap, has an annoying screen imo, and has a lonely physical button that doesn't do what I would want it to do anyway. On the other hand, the 4G antenna works properly. So... Does anyone have an opinion on if the EVO's 4G problem is even fixable? The "if it were fixable it would be fixed by now" argument hinges on how able and willing sprint and htc are to fix known problems. Should I stay or should I go?

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

Maybe it's because I don't have the same issues with contacts and messaging, so I'm not as sensitive to it, but I believe the sarcasm was pretty obvious there.
We want fixes so this phone is usable again. 2 cans a string work faster than this thing right now. If you are lucky enough that you don't have all the problems then good on you, but the rest of us have been chomping at the bit for months. If you read the whole thread it's more about fixes than it is getting jb

And does anybody really care about sprint zone?

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

This might be a sign, three play store updates today before thee big one!
evazuzub.jpg

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

geomatrix

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Just for the record if by the end of the month we don't have any update,, like I said,, then I will eat crow on behalf of my no longer reliable source but one thing I will not do is hide,, because in reality I could not care less. So many more important things I dwell on every day then a phone update. Just being real
:D

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

I must have gotten lost during all these posts, did you mention it was just another update to ics, or was it in fact jb? Well not you, your source

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Lemon Meringue 6.0 will be out by the time my EVO LTE gets JB!!!!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

I think we should hold intelligence hearing on why you reported misinformation that others knew to be untrue, just sayin. we could have john McCain sit in if necessary being phone update may be of Sprints national consumers interest.>jk..:beer::D:thumbup:

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Just for the record if by the end of the month we don't have any update,, like I said,, then I will eat crow on behalf of my no longer reliable source but one thing I will not do is hide,, because in reality I could not care less. So many more important things I dwell on every day then a phone update. Just being real
:D

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

No need for that.... If it got delayed I'm sure it's beyond your source's control.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

admire816

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Ok, I have been following this thread since it started and figured I would join this site to add my inside information.

My friend is a Supervisor at Sprint in the call center. She is the one who brought this Jelly Bean update to my attention. I have personally, with my own eyes, seen on her work laptop the page that was leaked on here and several other sites. I own a Evo 4g LTE so I do have some interest in when this update will happen. When it did not roll out on the 15th, I contacted her to find out why it was not released. She told me that Sprint is having tons of problems with the iPhone 5's activating on their network, making a lot of customers mad. With it being late in thier fiscal year, they need these iPhone activations to reflect on their quarterly and end of year report to investors. According to her, they pushed the Jelly Bean update back to roll out after the 27th, to allow time and man power to fix these iphone problems. She said it should be rolling out tomorrow. This is from what I am being told, so if its not out tomorrow, I will contact her and find out why its not out yet and update on here.

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I have been following this thread since it started and figured I would join this site to add my inside information.

My friend is a Supervisor at Sprint in the call center. She is the one who brought this Jelly Bean update to my attention. I have personally, with my own eyes, seen on her work laptop the page that was leaked on here and several other sites. I own a Evo 4g LTE so I do have some interest in when this update will happen. When it did not roll out on the 15th, I contacted her to find out why it was not released. She told me that Sprint is having tons of problems with the iPhone 5's activating on their network, making a lot of customers mad. With it being late in thier fiscal year, they need these iPhone activations to reflect on their quarterly and end of year report to investors. According to her, they pushed the Jelly Bean update back to roll out after the 27th, to allow time and man power to fix these iphone problems. She said it should be rolling out tomorrow. This is from what I am being told, so if its not out tomorrow, I will contact her and find out why its not out yet and update on here.

That's good news. Lets pray. This phone is driving me insane

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Not to be a Debbie Downer... I want SO BADLY to believe this, but understand the amount of people saying they "hear things from friends." We're all jaded here... But I will be waking up tomorrow looking forward to checking for an update every hour on the hour. Thank you for the update!

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

And by the way... Why is it that Apple is in our way again?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

She told me that Sprint is having tons of problems with the iPhone 5's activating on their network, making a lot of customers mad.

F#@* Apple!! If this is true, first they hold our phones in customs and now they are holding up an update?!?

Dominic Lacy

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

for what its worth i was on the phone with tech support earlier, the lady i talked to said the jelly bean update is available and being pushed out as we speak, this was at 945 this morning