Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
anyone keeping an eye on @sprintcare (or whatever it is called?)

I would expect their twitter to go ablaze as soon as its official (possibly with a corresponding press release)

Looks like they've stopped responding to ppl who are asking about the update. There are a few that have asked today and have been unanswered.

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Its that part just above my belt just below my belly button

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

jahiamir

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

What's the Twitter handle for Sprint support I would like to read and follow.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

They never responded back to me yesterday, either. I think they've either realized they can't keep a straight story, or they're just tired of answering the same questions.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site

They never responded back to me yesterday, either. I think they've either realized they can't keep a straight story, or they're just tired of answering the same questions.

They're probably forbidden to respond on it after receiving thousands of calls to their call center of people asking about it.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

for the most part my EVO LTE works pretty good... I don't have hardware or software problems with the actual phone.. It works great, battery life is great.. The problem I have is with signal (which is probably a software/hardware issue) when I am on Wi-Fi I have no issues at all but my wife has the Galaxy Nexus and we can be standing side by side and her phone is twice as fast on 3G and picks up a 4G signal in spots I get no 4G on my EVO..... I know the Galaxy Nexus was the first LTE Sprint phone (or near the first) but I've also been in a Sprint store and seen the Galaxy S3 hold a 4G signal while my EVO switches between 3G and 4G constantly.... I usually just keep it on CDMA only because of the issue... while switching between signals it will drop whatever I am doing so it's better to leave it alone.. and I live in the heart of the Dallas, Texas metroplex so I shouldn't have those kind of Signal issues.... So my only issues are with 3G and 4G connection issues... So I could careless about Jelly Bean 4.1 or 4.2 just fix the connection issues and I'd be happy...

spencer311

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

for the most part my EVO LTE works pretty good... I don't have hardware or software problems with the actual phone.. It works great, battery life is great.. The problem I have is with signal (which is probably a software/hardware issue) when I am on Wi-Fi I have no issues at all but my wife has the Galaxy Nexus and we can be standing side by side and her phone is twice as fast on 3G and picks up a 4G signal in spots I get no 4G on my EVO..... I know the Galaxy Nexus was the first LTE Sprint phone (or near the first) but I've also been in a Sprint store and seen the Galaxy S3 hold a 4G signal while my EVO switches between 3G and 4G constantly.... I usually just keep it on CDMA only because of the issue... while switching between signals it will drop whatever I am doing so it's better to leave it alone.. and I live in the heart of the Dallas, Texas metroplex so I shouldn't have those kind of Signal issues.... So my only issues are with 3G and 4G connection issues... So I could careless about Jelly Bean 4.1 or 4.2 just fix the connection issues and I'd be happy...
I have the exact same issue. Except lately I have to keep mine on CDMA or I dont get any data at all.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

I guess it all depends on many factors. My wife has a galaxy nexus running jellybean on Sprint and in our home she can't hold a lte signal and my evo gets great lte in the house so who the heck knows.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I guess it all depends on many factors. My wife has a galaxy nexus running jellybean on Sprint and in our home she can't hold a lte signal and my evo gets great lte in the house so who the heck knows.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

We don't have lte in my area at home but I have it at work. I have no problems with my evo except for the ringtone thing. However my nexus 7 has jellybean and I want the Google now for my evo. Sorry but GN is cool and I want it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Captain_Throwback

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

We don't have lte in my area at home but I have it at work. I have no problems with my evo except for the ringtone thing. However my nexus 7 has jellybean and I want the Google now for my evo. Sorry but GN is cool and I want it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
You could always unlock your device and flash a JellyBean ROM to it if you want it that badly, you know ;).

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Google now is pretty much the reason I would like jellybean. I see it at work on wife's nexus and I am very jealous, lol. :banghead:

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

ncfanboy

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Ok the three lssues that need to be worked out for me

1. The constant sense reloading is really starting to drive me insane on almost every app I use the back button on sense needs to reload soooo annoying.

2. LTE switch over needs to work properly every time I'm in an lte area the phone always favors 3g over LTE.

3. Contacts bug I have tried reseting the phone to factory defaults and it just keeps on happening my phone take 30secs to 1 minute to dial a contact

All in all I love this phone but these issues are really starting to drive me insane. I could forget about jelly bean and Google now if the update fixed these issues. Right now I'm not sure if I go with an HTC device in the future if these issues are not worked out soon.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

In today's breaking news:

Android secretly discussing development of Lemon Meringue and Molasses ROM's to succeed Key Lime Pie, respectively. ROM's may be listed as Android 6.0 and 6.5/7.0