Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Again, for many of us its more about getting any update to fix some issues than it is getting jb. Right now I would rather have caller id than Google now

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Well, all that stuff that people are saying is broken works fine for me. No problems with contacts, I don't have LTE so I can't tell if I'm having problems with it, etc. So, I'm hyped for Jelly Bean because of Google Now, and the new enhanced notifications screen.

mateo2012

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Next person that says they don't have contacts issues or 4G drop offs gets a punch in the face LOL. Seriously I've had every issue anyone has described on this forum....I just want a working phone, I don't care what the seemingly mystical update is.

Caleb Morris

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

Just for knowledge's sake, how would I take an update and be able to upload it to my computer. I've seen several people talk about getting an update, putting it on the sdcard, and then uploading it for developers. Might as well tell of the process for anyone that might get it first, so they don't have to wait for replies from someone on here before updating. (No, I do not have the update.)

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Just for knowledge's sake, how would I take an update and be able to upload it to my computer. I've seen several people talk about getting an update, putting it on the sdcard, and then uploading it for developers. Might as well tell of the process for anyone that might get it first, so they don't have to wait for replies from someone on here before updating. (No, I do not have the update.)

It's a simple process. The first notification you get (or if you check for the update) will allow you to download it to your phone. When the download is completed, you'll get a confirmation to start the update. If you get through the download, DO NOT CONFIRM THE INSTALLATION until you have done the following steps:

Plug your phone into a computer and mount the SD card.
Navigate to the Downloads folder on the SD card.
You will see the file in there. It'll be a .zip file.
Copy it, and paste it to your desktop. Don't cut, or you won't be able to install it.
Once it's been copied to the desktop, disconnect your phone and you can continue with the installation for yourself.
Upload the file to Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service and provide the link on here.

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

Next person that says they don't have contacts issues or 4G drop offs gets a punch in the face LOL. Seriously I've had every issue anyone has described on this forum....I just want a working phone, I don't care what the seemingly mystical update is.

Guess you should start punching! I have had zero issues!

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

To think I could have been a contender, if I didn't have any issues...lol:p
6eneru9e.jpg

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

treyguad

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
We want Jelly Bean,
So release it already...

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums

balansboy

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site

I still don't think this was a hoax. Too many independent "insiders" and confirmation from Sprint on the phone and twitter. I really believe there is an update, but something happened to make them pull it and make fixes or something. I bet we have it soon.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I still don't think this was a hoax. Too many independent "insiders" and confirmation from Sprint on the phone and twitter. I really believe there is an update, but something happened to make them pull it and make fixes or something. I bet we have it soon.

Agreed, people just like to scream "hoax" so they can feel that no one knows anything they don't

treyguad

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

Well on the brightside, I did get an update today I had been waiting for...

Angry Birds: Star Wars! :) haha. Hoth levels baby!!

bryan64613

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

If I don't see and update before x-mas, I will be done with HTC. It seems that Samsung is getting updates much faster than any others.

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

I can't deal with the issues until end of year. I don't care about JB. The contacts issues need to go. People say "well root CM" If i wanted CM I would've purchased a nexus phone....

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site

What a sad joke this has become. Like others have said, it's more about getting an update to fix current issues (messaging and contact lag, etc) than it is about Jellybean. I'd honestly be content with just a confirmation of an upcoming update, any update at this point. Without any communication from HTC about any updates, this unfortunately feels like a waste of time and an empty promise. HTC is really shooting themselves in the foot with this situation. Anyone remember the whole "fewer devices with more focus on those devices" gameplan? Not so much. Hope I'm wrong and we get an update really soon, but I'm not holding my breath..

Last edited:

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I think it was about this time last year that we all laughed at how horrible Samsung was at pushing out updates. People were swearing off Samsung all together because of it.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I can't deal with the issues until end of year. I don't care about JB. The contacts issues need to go. People say "well root CM" If i wanted CM I would've purchased a nexus phone....

That's one thing I don't like about people's approach to android. I love all of customization options and that's a big reason I switched to android . But if something like my contacts or messaging doesn't work properly I feel like I have every right to be angry and to complain. The expectation should not be that I have to flash a new rom just to get the basic functionality I bought the stupid thing for. So when I read "well just flash blah blah blah rom" and that's the only thing that person says it drives me nuts . I bought hardware AND software

I'm done ranting now

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site

My fear is we are waiting on JB to fix our current issues. What issues will we get with JB? There is always something to deal with.

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

I think it was about this time last year that we all laughed at how horrible Samsung was at pushing out updates. People were swearing off Samsung all together because of it.

I think it was about this time last year the same conversations were happening with the EVO 3D.

smkyle

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I swore off Samsung when the epic 4G fell wayyyy behind and Samsung promised updates by a certain date and didn't do it. I'm getting an LG next so that I can swear them off too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz