Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

You can ride your "I shouldn't have to root" high-horse all you want. Leave yourself at the mercy of the manufacturer and carrier to fix your issues for you. The fact remains that you have a phone with issues that frustrate you.

Or you can take matters into your own hands, root, and be done with it.

I prefer to control my own destiny.

Having to root just to get usable phone functionality is ridiculous. I agree with everything you said and even if I root my phone tonight and everything works great it doesn't change the fact that I payed good money for a top of the line phone (at least it was supposed to be) that the f'ing caller id won't even work.

I can read a book in the time it takes to load a contact and that's just pathetic

Leave yourself at the mercy of the manufacturer and carrier to fix your issues for you.

Pretty sure they would be fixing their own f up and not my issue for me. And for the record flashing a new rom is not fixing the problem

Last edited:

zakphi

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Mid December, last update One X got, EVO got it bout 2 weeks later, I dont see a change in this so lets just wait. Maybe the dates that were thrown around were for the One X?

that reasoning does make some sense, but if you look at the 3rd leaked screenshot the OP posted and if it is real, it has a picture of the evo lte. now, i could understand why you may think the dates were for the one x, if there was no image of the evo, but instead of the one x.

Who's the next manufacturer to helm the Nexus line?

i do believe, there were rumors going around before LG released their nexus, that HTC was going to create one, but since then, I have not heard/seen anything.

my opinion about this whole debacle is that HTC gave Sprint the JB code so they (sprint) can add their to it and then push it out to us, but Sprint is moving like turtles and taking their sweet time doing whatever they need to do. if you think about it, the reason why nexus devices get updated so quickly is because the carrier is not the in way.

admire816

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Here's my update for the day from my person on the inside, take it for what it is, but I find it a little odd that it matches what the guy a few posts before this one said.

She said the newest information they have is it will be released the 2nd as well and it was pushed back for a few tweeks for compatibility with Sense. I asked what others questioned, that's a Sunday. She said why not? It's when everyone will least expect it and its not like it uses a whole lot of extra man power or resources from sprint, just a little extra load on the servers.

A few other reasons it was pushed back was because the iPhone activation problem I previously mentioned but also black Friday sales of the GS3, with how many they sold its pulling a lot from the servers due to activations and updates out of the box, plus they ran out and are back ordered.

That's all I have for now, as always, I will update with any new information.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

....... Maybe the dates that were thrown around were for the One X?

Sounds plausible except Sprint has never sold the One X. There's no reason that a Sprint screenshot about software updates, picturing the EVO, would be about the One X. Nobody at Sprint cares about the One X.

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

You can ride your "I shouldn't have to root" high-horse all you want. Leave yourself at the mercy of the manufacturer and carrier to fix your issues for you. The fact remains that you have a phone with issues that frustrate you.

Or you can take matters into your own hands, root, and be done with it.

I prefer to control my own destiny.

I would love to root my phone, but i am too afraid to f up my phone, don't have the money to be replacing, saw the pokemon rom, love it, don't think i can have it on this phone though, can anyone put me at ease about rooting? Can follow directions but not sure what ask the lingo is, ie; dalvik and other random words that are used! Lol

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

Having to root just to get usable phone functionality is ridiculous. I agree with everything you said and even if I root my phone tonight and everything works great it doesn't change the fact that I payed good money for a top of the line phone (at least it was supposed to be) that the f'ing caller id won't even work.

I can read a book in the time it takes to load a contact and that's just pathetic

I wholeheartedly agree. In a perfect world, there would be no need. But, it is what it is. And while you have been waiting on pins and needles for an "official" update and complaining about your problems, I've been enjoying JB since early August on CM10, and have never experienced contact lag or any of the other issues that people have been complaining about.

You want JB-like smoothness but with all of the Sense goodies and still have Google Now, without having to wait for contacts to load? Try MeanRom. You want to tweak to your heart's content? Try Viper. The point is, there is plenty of development out there for you (or anyone else) to take advantage of, and it's not that hard get there. You can either drive the bus, or go along for the ride.

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Here's my update for the day from my person on the inside, take it for what it is, but I find it a little odd that it matches what the guy a few posts before this one said.

She said the newest information they have is it will be released the 2nd as well and it was pushed back for a few tweeks for compatibility with Sense. I asked what others questioned, that's a Sunday. She said why not? It's when everyone will least expect it and its not like it uses a whole lot of extra man power or resources from sprint, just a little extra load on the servers.

A few other reasons it was pushed back was because the iPhone activation problem I previously mentioned but also black Friday sales of the GS3, with how many they sold its pulling a lot from the servers due to activations and updates out of the box, plus they ran out and are back ordered.

Sorry but it was not pushed back bc of iPhone activations. Does not effect this any way at all no matter how you stretch it.

If she shows 2nd in their system now as the date then so be it but she will not see info for reasons why an unconfirmed OTA was delayed at the supervisor level of a call center... That's them putting their 2cents opinion on it.

Get a SS of that being the reason why its delayed and ill eat crow. Otherwise let's not kid ourselves with that reasoning...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

spencer311

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I would love to root my phone, but i am too afraid to f up my phone, don't have the money to be replacing, saw the pokemon rom, love it, don't think i can have it on this phone though, can anyone put me at ease about rooting? Can follow directions but not sure what ask the lingo is, ie; dalvik and other random words that are used! Lol

I have messed up when I was rooting... Its really hard to actually brick your phone. My first evo I got at a time when there was no root for it and I had to go in and do it manually and had no idea what I was doing and although it took me like 4 hours I never messed up my phone. Im sure you can do it. and its well worth it. Im running JB right now and I love it. I think the newest root software is called dirtyracun and if its as easy as the software I used before that its like one click. If you start installing ROMs just make sure you make Nandroid backups.

calvinserrano

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site

According to Dec. 2nd being the 4.1.1 update, it should be true. There is this user from the sprint community forums saying that he talked to an HTC representative testing out Jellybean on LTEvo's at one of their Tech stores in Arizona. Lets see what happens on Sunday/Monday. I hope sprint announces it already, because it is only two days away. (and lets hope this 4glte thing is gunna work. even though theres no lte here in denver, I'm going to Virgina Beach to test it out)

calvinserrano

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site

Sorry but it was not pushed back bc of iPhone activations. Does not effect this any way at all no matter how you stretch it.

If she shows 2nd in their system now as the date then so be it but she will not see info for reasons why an unconfirmed OTA was delayed at the supervisor level of a call center... That's them putting their 2cents opinion on it.

Get a SS of that being the reason why its delayed and ill eat crow. Otherwise let's not kid ourselves with that reasoning...

According to the Sprint Forums, HTC was not comfortable with the new mods in the UI of sense and pulled it right away. But it is going to be Dec. 2nd that the update come out.

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

I have messed up when I was rooting... Its really hard to actually brick your phone. My first evo I got at a time when there was no root for it and I had to go in and do it manually and had no idea what I was doing and although it took me like 4 hours I never messed up my phone. Im sure you can do it. and its well worth it. Im running JB right now and I love it. I think the newest root software is called dirtyracun and if its as easy as the software I used before that its like one click. If you start installing ROMs just make sure you make Nandroid backups.

That's the thing, is nandroid backup an app? Or is it easier than im thinking?, sorry im not on topic

celticking

May 16, 2012
Visit site

Google HTC evo 4g lte root guide. It's all laid out in an easy to follow / can't screw up tutorial. The video tutorial didn't work for me the other day when I had to root my replacement phone but the instructions are clear as day.

Sent from my EVO

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

Google HTC evo 4g lte root guide. It's all laid out in an easy to follow / can't screw up tutorial. The video tutorial didn't work for me the other day when I had to root my replacement phone but the instructions are clear as day.

Sent from my EVO

Lol, did you realize what you wrote after you sent this? "can't screw up" but you did screw up? I'll check it out though, thank you

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I wholeheartedly agree. In a perfect world, there would be no need. But, it is what it is. And while you have been waiting on pins and needles for an "official" update and complaining about your problems, I've been enjoying JB since early August on CM10, and have never experienced contact lag or any of the other issues that people have been complaining about.

You want JB-like smoothness but with all of the Sense goodies and still have Google Now, without having to wait for contacts to load? Try MeanRom. You want to tweak to your heart's content? Try Viper. The point is, there is plenty of development out there for you (or anyone else) to take advantage of, and it's not that hard get there. You can either drive the bus, or go along for the ride.

I'll give HTC a bit to get their act together and then look into getting either a new phone or rooted. I'm getting ready to leave the country again and I just don't have time to deal with this crap.

But yes I have just enough time to complain about it in the forum :)

I may root either way, I'll hit you up if I do

geomatrix

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

I wanna root, but I should have done that back when I received the phone, now the only way to root is to wipe my phone, even tho there's nothing important that I could lose without backing up... Wait now that I think about it I only have game scores n stuff... Hmm maybe I'll root if that damn power saver being stuck in the notification bar annoys me enough

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm S-OFF'd and Rooted myself. It's really not as intimidating of a task as it looks. And you'd be happy when you were done.

As for this Dec. 2 update release, I'm not holding my breath. First it was the 11/15, then the 11/27, then a couple more days... I'll just wait until I see 30 new threads started on the XDA General forum saying that they got the release. BTW, does that happen here as well?

celticking

May 16, 2012
Visit site

Lol, did you realize what you wrote after you sent this? "can't screw up" but you did screw up? I'll check it out though, thank you

Yeah, I did read it. Lost the phone. Didn't brick anything. You're welcome.

Sent from my EVO

Last edited:

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

I again believe what you say because I have gotten similar information. So if I am off 2 or 3 days from my original comment then I will still very much consider my source of information reliable. How can 2 different people who don't even know each other be getting very very similar info.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

According to the Sprint Forums, HTC was not comfortable with the new mods in the UI of sense and pulled it right away. But it is going to be Dec. 2nd that the update come out.

Really?.... Believing everything on sprints forums.... Come on guys

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante