Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

spencer311

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

I dont have that problem Anymore. I culled my facebook contacts. Only left with a dozen from google.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums
I have never actually had that issue... I turned off facebook contacts with my old evo because it was matching up numbers with the wrong number and I never turned it back on. I just posted that for the other people who were having the issue. But the data thing is really making me angry... If I have my lte turned on I don't get any data. If I turn it to just cdma it works fine but we have 4g lte here so it sucks I can't use it. Even when I run cm10 it does that. Its weird.

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

I have about 450 phone numbers from across the years. 75% of those are probably facebook friends. the remaining would be random businesses, landlines, etc that I need.

I dont sync those who are exclusively fbook friends with no numbers (that would be a few hundred more)

I have almost zero lag in the contacts app.
Stock, non rooted 4.0.3

texting on the other hand, is long delay as I never delete texts (prob have 10-15K on my device)

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

How do you sysn some buy not all fb contacts?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

I think you sense matches phone numbers/google contacts with fb friends.

go to the fb app and look at the settings for sync, should be one about existing contacts only.

jimmyg41

May 31, 2011
Visit site

How do you sysn some buy not all fb contacts?

Go to settings on the Facebook app and sync only existing contacts. Or else let facebook sync everyone and go one by one taking off unwanted contacts by deleting them.

.....I was on this page for a long time without refreshing, didn't notice someone answered before me.

Last edited:

ThisIsShellz

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site

Either the sprintcare rep is a total idiot (which may be the case) or we may actually be getting an "bug fix" update on ICS. Either way, Sprint/HTC has dropped the ball with lack of info

More than likely she's a complete idiot as the majority of anybody whom works for sprint.....

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Dec 1St and still nothing. My Nexus 7 just got its fourth update this morning since buying it. Only two for the EVO since purchasing it on the first day of availability. Does that mean the EVO is more stable and therefore a better product? Just thinking out loud.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Dec 1St and still nothing. My Nexus 7 just got its fourth update this morning since buying it. Only two for the EVO since purchasing it on the first day of availability. Does that mean the EVO is more stable and therefore a better product? Just thinking out loud.

4.2 had a lot of bugs. Sunday looks like update time fur us.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Nope

BigPuddin

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

No, that's actually a false cause fallacy called cum hoc ergo propter hoc.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Wakes up, checks HTC updates, checks Firmware updates, rolls over and goes back to sleep. Repeat

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

Jb is gonna be amazing

Will it?
Will it break FoxFi [probably]? Will it fix the inability of Sense to rotate the home and lock screens [no]? Will it free up more memory to prevent poor task switching [no]? Will it fix the contacts and LTE problems some people have [maybe]? Will it make the settings and other menus sort in alphabetical order [probably not]? Will it introduce any new bugs [possibly]? Will it be the last major OS update the Evo LTE will ever see [maybe]? Will it add USB flash and HID support [I doubt it]? Will it take away USB mass storage mode [might]?

Trust me, there will be plenty to continue to complain about, regardless of the OS version, the handset, or the manufacturer.

Caleb Morris

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

Will it?
Will it break FoxFi [probably]? Will it fix the inability of Sense to rotate the home and lock screens [no]? Will it free up more memory to prevent poor task switching [no]? Will it fix the contacts and LTE problems some people have [maybe]? Will it make the settings and other menus sort in alphabetical order [probably not]? Will it introduce any new bugs [possibly]? Will it be the last major OS update the Evo LTE will ever see [maybe]? Will it add USB flash and HID support [I doubt it]? Will it take away USB mass storage mode [might]?

Trust me, there will be plenty to continue to complain about, regardless of the OS version, the handset, or the manufacturer.

Sounds like someone is a little pessimistic this morning..

On a brighter note: One more day... Hopefully!

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

Well, if the update is coming tomorrow then I'm flying to Australia, because it's already tomorrow there.

And they have awesome meat pies.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Will it?

Can it be any worse?.....Seriously....Can it?