Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

I'm pretty sure we would get a release from Sprint before the update rolls out.

Geezerb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

U need to take ur own advice and watch football because seems to me you are checking the forums also for info .

FYI my post was 7 minutes before the game started. What I need to do is turn off email notifications, you guys are killing me :O

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Lotta crow being eatin right now with the no update on Sunday happening......

Haven't looked on sprint community forums and the thread where the guy talked to HTC rep.... Wonder if he's even around now.

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
FYI my post was 7 minutes before the game started. What I need to do is turn off email notifications, you guys are killing me :O

Sounds like a good idea .

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't looked on sprint community forums and the thread where the guy talked to HTC rep.... Wonder if he's even around now.

Probably no sign of him now .

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

... or the guy who's source said it was delayed due to iPhone activations and SG3 backorders. Or the other guy who talked about the HTC rep at an Arizona store (which was gathered from someone else posting on the Sprint forums, who said nothing about talking to the rep themselves - only that a tech at the store told them they had talked to a rep).

Does crow taste like humble pie? I wouldn't know because I've never touted my "inside source" and their rock-solid information.

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

Looked on the sprint forum but no report from the guy that talked to the rep .

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Lmao...I've had the GSIII since Friday and I will have to say even if my evo gets JB anytime soon this is an overall better phone. I've had both units side by side and the LTE works much better on this phone. Not to mention all small settings to tweak fonts, lockscreen, and gestures.

I've had the touch pro, touch pro 2, evo, evo 3d then the LTE. I'm one of the biggest fan boys out there. I'm extremely disappointed of how they handled the issues on this phone and the roll out of JB.

Now Sprints offered me the Note II if I want it for $150. I need to decide if I can handle a phone that big.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

Lmao...I've had the GSIII since Friday and I will have to say even if my evo gets JB anytime soon this is an overall better phone. I've had both units side by side and the LTE works much better on this phone. Not to mention all small settings to tweak fonts, lockscreen, and gestures.

I've had the touch pro, touch pro 2, evo, evo 3d then the LTE. I'm one of the biggest fan boys out there. I'm extremely disappointed of how they handled the issues on this phone and the roll out of JB.

Now Sprints offered me the Note II if I want it for $150. I need to decide if I can handle a phone that big.

Do all Xmas poo's think alike? Inferior is better...
tajy8ate.jpg

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

Caleb Morris

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

I've been reading the forum over on Sprint community to see what was going on, and I read the post about the Arizona guy again. What he said was " release was soft yesterday, pulled and will resume on December 2nd." This meaning that the actual numbers will happen again from the original post in this thread: 25,000 a day or however many it was. So only 25,000 of us owners should get it today, and then 25,000 more tomorrow, and so on. If you don't get it, then you aren't in the 25,000, so don't get too frustrated or upset. It'll come. No doubt about it. I got the Froyo update on my original Evo at like ten on a Friday night. So be patient people. I know it's hard, because I want it NOW, but we just have to wait.

Last edited:

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I've been reading the forum over on Sprint community to see what was going on, and I read the post about the Arizona guy again. What he said was " release was soft yesterday, pulled and will resume on December 2nd." This meaning that the actual numbers will happen again from the original post in this thread: 20,000 a day or however many it was. So only 20,000 of us owners should get it today, and then 20,000 more tomorrow, and so on. If you don't get it, then you aren't in the 20,000, so don't get too frustrated or upset. It'll come. No doubt about it. I got the Froyo update on my original Evo at like ten on a Friday night. So be patient people. I know it's hard, because I want it NOW, but we just have to wait.

Ugh I get tired of repeating this.... Soft/client initiated is for when users manually check, then it goes full blast push notification to X users each week progressing more and more. Once its being pushed to people anyone can manually pull it at anytime. That's how it works.

lightyear420

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: It's coming jelly bean!

I was just comparing this device with a few others on sprint not 5 minutes ago ;) This post just boosted the evo lte a good deal in my decision now since all the others I'm looking at are still runing ics....thanks!! :D

Caleb Morris

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

Ugh I get tired of repeating this.... Soft/client initiated is for when users manually check, then it goes full blast push notification to X users each week progressing more and more. Once its being pushed to people anyone can manually pull it at anytime. That's how it works.

I was explaining that 25,000 of us will get a notification about it tonight. So even if we don't see that someone gets it, it doesn't mean that it isn't out yet. No disrespect, Sgt.

ajbrad71

May 28, 2011
Visit site

So why was everyone getting that error when checking for update

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

celticking

May 16, 2012
Visit site

So why was everyone getting that error when checking for update

That just happens from time to time. Same thing happened during the earlier prediction back in November.

Sent from my EVO

cckorn 16

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Here's my latest response from HTC:

Thank you for your response. While we do understand wanting to keep your HTC Evo 4G LTE up to date, we do not have any confirmation that the Evo 4G LTE will in fact receive an update to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). It is possible that it will receive the update since it part of the One series but it cannot be guaranteed.

We apologize for the inconvenience but have no other information at this time.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Here's my latest response from HTC:
Thank you for your response. While we do understand wanting to keep your HTC Evo 4G LTE up to date, we do not have any confirmation that the Evo 4G LTE will in fact receive an update to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). It is possible that it will receive the update since it part of the One series but it cannot be guaranteed. We apologize for the inconvenience but have no other information at this time.

Not exactly what I wanted to hear... considering the phone came out 7 months ago & has plenty of hardware to run jb, and the 1x has gotten jb.

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I was explaining that 25,000 of us will get a notification about it tonight. So even if we don't see that someone gets it, it doesn't mean that it isn't out yet. No disrespect, Sgt.

Ok. But to be clear when anyone says there's no update yet its that they manually checked and it didn't show anything there....so the whole 25k progressive push part of the rollout is meaningless in the end to us...

Caleb Morris

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

Ok. But to be clear when anyone says there's no update yet its that they manually checked and it didn't show anything there....so the whole 25k progressive push part of the rollout is meaningless in the end to us...

That is if it works the way you are saying it works..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz