Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Just a word of advice to anybody getting impatient and are new to the whole rooting/romming option.... just do your homework/research before you do it...if its your first time doing it...outside of the risks involved....i notice many people here complaining over what i consider 'minor bugs' now if these bugs bug you.... going the root/rom way may prove to be more disappointing more than anything while if done the CM route in the past and i fully enjoyed it at the time...truth is there is always pros/cons to everything and while you may get GOOGLE NOW on it you may now lack other cool features that Sense already provides in a better TEST proving process....LTE may be worse...your camera may not have all features.etc etc..so just do your homework and know exactly what your getting yourself into.

Are you implying that adding Google Now to a rooted EVO 4G LTE will cause issues with the camera?

Rsximporter99

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

No Im implying to do your research if your thinking of rooting and romming your phone just to get Jellybean and enjoy the GOOGLE now experience....I have not looked at whats available out there .... whether its CM or MEAN ROM or whatever....just make sure you know what issues are known and decide if the pros outweigh the cons for your own personal needs. Thats all.

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

No Im implying to do your research if your thinking of rooting and romming your phone just to get Jellybean and enjoy the GOOGLE now experience....I have not looked at whats available out there .... whether its CM or MEAN ROM or whatever....just make sure you know what issues are known and decide if the pros outweigh the cons for your own personal needs. Thats all.

As much as I'd like to believe everyone understands this, there are those out there that really don't, so thank you for clarifying. But, if you want the Google Now experience, and you want to keep your phone as stock as possible, just root the stock ROM, then install Google Now. Basically, you don't have to worry about adding another ROM to your phone just to install Google Now.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

....... Again pardon the super rant lol, just tired of seeing half the bored complain, but not contribute anything lets at least try to be constructive and what not.

Never apologize for a rant, super or otherwise. That's what the forums are for. If people don't like it or they disagree with it, they can ignore it or they can comment on it, even with a rant of their own. I don't think there's even a size limit to a post here. At least I haven't run into one yet and I have penned some doosies.

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site

I've been following this thread from the start and waiting for the update since the "leak" and really disappointed in Sprint/HTC for the lack of information and at times the misinformation. I finally got tired and rooted my phone and went with mean rom and am loving it and especially loving not having to wait on HTC/Sprint. Have Google Now and overclocked 1.7Ghz cores and got to keep the sweet Sense camera

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site

I think that just to make this more fun, Android Central should hold a contest (prize TBA) for the person who guesses the date in which JB will land on this phone. How about it Phil/Jerry and crew? *wink*

Rsximporter99

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

Lol. I was at radioshack looking at phones. Worker said lte is getting turned on this month. That will make the wait more bearable. :eek:

If it makes you feel more better you can subtract the days from the weekends(SAT/SUN) and christmas eve/day $ New Years Eve...so that only leaves us with 17 working days where we may see a update :D assuming it wont happen between the holidays...so in reality its 14 days :D

mammo3

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site

What method did you use? I'm on a Windows 64 bit machine and need to figure out if I should use Htcdev or a one click like Regaw or Dirty Raccoon.

- - - Updated - - -

What method did you use? I'm on a Windows 64 bit machine and need to figure out if I should use Htcdev or a one click like Regaw or Dirty Raccoon.

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

I am on a Windows 64 bit PC too and Regaw did not work for me so I had to do it manually and use HTCdev, was pretty easy just look up a guide and you should be done in about 15 minutes

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

Lol. I was at radioshack looking at phones. Worker said lte is getting turned on this month. That will make the wait more bearable. :eek:
YES!!! LTE was suppose to be in the Hampton Roads area by now. 4G WIMAX never came here, so I'm actually more anxious about 4G LTE to arrive than JB.

Caleb Morris

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

You won't be able to use Dirty Racun with any 64bit system. That's what's kept me from rooting recently. I have 64bit, and I can't get full S-Off with my computer.

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Don't hold ur breath when listening to a radioshack employee on when lte is getting turned on....they know less then sprint CS reps even do. Lol

Shoot me a pm and I might be able to help you get a better idea of when if u want bud.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

ronmac120

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

If you to check and see where there might be LTE available already, you can go to sensorly.com and check your zip code and see what service is available and what the coverage looks like.

I live in NYC and I am really disappointed in the coverage that I am seeing in my area (only really in The Bronx and a few pockets in Manhattan).

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Don't hold ur breath when listening to a radioshack employee on when lte is getting turned on....they know less then sprint CS reps even do. Lol

Shoot me a pm and I might be able to help you get a better idea of when if u want bud.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

It caught me off guard since he seemed more excited about it than me.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

If you to check and see where there might be LTE available already, you can go to sensorly.com and check your zip code and see what service is available and what the coverage looks like.

I live in NYC and I am really disappointed in the coverage that I am seeing in my area (only really in The Bronx and a few pockets in Manhattan).

Yeah. LA is getting closer. The town next door has a small area already testing

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

treyguad

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

I've been following this thread from the start and waiting for the update since the "leak" and really disappointed in Sprint/HTC for the lack of information and at times the misinformation. I finally got tired and rooted my phone and went with mean rom and am loving it and especially loving not having to wait on HTC/Sprint. Have Google Now and overclocked 1.7Ghz cores and got to keep the sweet Sense camera

What route did you go as far as rooting?

Sent from Trey's EVO 4G LTE

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Sorry to be off-topic, but this thread is getting hilarious it is turning into the biggest "on topic" / "off topic" thread I've seen.